[Release] WM6.5 Build 23004 WWE R7.1

Search This thread

xplode

Dec 9, 2005
Nesebar
This is the latest publically available build of Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional

t7hpxj.jpg

I keep it clean as i can

Rom version: 6.5.23004
Rom Date: 12.07.2009
Page Pool: 24.5 MB
Core: 5.2.23004
Build: 23004.5.3.0
AKU: 5.3.0

Nothing new basicly, except minor fixes and almost not noticable speed gain :)

So what's not inside:

Removed: Office, SQM, Transcriber, Windows Live, Welcome Center, IPSECVPN and some more stuff which IMO is unneeded ... the rom so far is stable.

Use the extrom from my previous rom which includes latest PIE 8.12 + Adobe Flash Lite, Windows Live Mobile 10.6.53.3000 (latest build to date), Repacked Office Mobile from this build + OneNote and a few more cabs which i think are needed. IN the rom removed many graphics but will include them as files

NK.exe customizations are work of sun_dream (hes nk.exe is fast) other stuff in the xip is ported from the original 23004 xip. Many thanks to sun_dream for the help with this rom (and any latest rom). For my latest roms i have removed SQM, and customer experience sh** in order to lighten a lil the rom and protect personal information to be sent to microsoft.

Try it on your own risk - it is beta build so you can encounter unpredicted bugs with it.

I want to thank to mamaich (still use hes tools in rom building for BA), bepe (BuildOS is hes work - a brilliant one, also the xip tools i use), in random order, sun_dream, childrin, mun_rus, Tuatara (constant help and support), helmi_c, itsme (brilliant perl scripts which were used for dumping all the goodies from newer roms), cmonex and a lot more people involved ... I appreciate your help

Download Locations:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
R7.1 Release
Rapidshare: R7.1 ROM| EXTROM - 23004 | Original 6.5 QVGA Themes |
Ziddu: R7.1 ROM | EXTROM - 23004 | Original 6.5 QVGA Themes |
R7 Release (this does not mean that this is windows mobile 7)
Rapidshare: R7 ROM
Ziddu: R7 ROM

Known bug with it , does not want to sync ... (or maybe it is my pc error i will look into this, but now it is 4 AM and i am going to bed
R6.1 Release (this does not mean that this is windows mobile 6.1)
Rapidshare: R6.1 ROM | EXTROM
Megaupload: R6.1 ROM | EXTROM
Ziddu: R6.1 ROM | EXTROM

21202 Fixes - This cab should fix the ability to make audio recording of the call, also should fix the show of the G icon and the status for gprs connectivity
R6 Release
Rapidshare: R6 ROM | EXTROM
Megaupload: R6 ROM | EXTROM
Ziddu: R6 ROM | EXTROM
R5.1 Release
Rapidshare: R5.1 ROM - unusable, download the fixed version | NewEXTROM | FixedThemes | OriginalRingtones | Widgets | --> R5.1 ROM Fixed<-- download here
Megaupload: R5.1 ROM - unusable, download the fixed version | NewEXTROM | FixedThemes | OriginalRingtones | Widgets | --> R5.1 ROM Fixed<-- download here
Ziddu: R5.1 ROM - unusable, download the fixed version | NewEXTROM | FixedThemes | OriginalRingtones | Widgets | --> R5.1 ROM Fixed<-- download here
R5 Release
Rapidshare: R5 ROM | EXTROM | WM6.5 Themes
Megaupload: R5 ROM | EXTROM | WM6.5 Themes
Ziddu: R5 ROM | EXTROM | WM6.5 Themes
R3 Release - password: windowsmobile6.5
Rapidshare: 21169 R3 ROM
Megaupload: 21169 R3 ROM
Ziddu: 21169 R3 ROM
R2 Release - password: windowsmobile6.5
Rapidshare: 21159 R2 ROM | OK & X Butoons Fix Proper, Large | Windows Mobile Black Theme
Megaupload: 21159 R2 ROM | OK & X Butoons Fix Proper, Large | Windows Mobile Black Theme
Ziddu: 21159 R2 ROM | OK & X Butoons Fix Proper, Large | Windows Mobile Black Theme

Last edited:

xplode

Dec 9, 2005
Nesebar
Donators:
+ Que PPC - 5€
markanthonypr - 15€
malkovich - 13€
hamaman - 15€

Changelog:
R5.1

Fixed bug that PIE6 banner does not show on the homepage
Increased overall speed by at least 35%
Fixed graphics issues -in R5 when you install WLM the icons look like crap so i fixed the shortcut names, fixed powerpoing icon png file to more proper sized one and fixed the excel shortcut name in office cab to make it use the proper graphic. Added icons for all the apps included in the extrom - the proper png and registry are in every cab - the iconed apps are: adobe reader le, myphone, marketplace, Autodataconfig, remote desktop, facebook, google maps
Added to extrom: Facebook (MS application which is quite cool), ADC (Auto Data Config - this tool automatically detects your operator and makes the internet settings for your operator automatically - it is probably in beta stage but it works for me), Marketplace (It shows that the service will be available soon, and believe me it will :) ), Windows Mobile Widgets (WMWidgets - this is the new widget engine it only works if you install PIE8/IE6)
Added Widgets download links - you can install them from the storage card
Added Original Ringtones download link
Tweaked the cabs to use more proper folders (the new added ones)
Added BLueangel (XDAIIs) Black icon which is shows in WMDC in Windows Vista or Windows 7

Customizing Start Menu:

The icon entry in WM6.5 start menu depends on 3 things application link in
Code:
\windows\start menu\programs
(or subfolder), 32-bit PNG 45x45 transperency enabled graphic which will be used as icon in the new start menu, registry entry for setting the PNG to the link.

And to ellaborate a little bit more:

By default WM6.5 start menu detects any installed program link from
Code:
(and subfolders) and creates registry entryes in
Code:
[HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start]
, for example lets say i install skype for windows mobile the skype shortcut will be created in
Code:
with a name of Skype.lnk so WM will detect that and add registry entry like this
Code:
[HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\Skype.lnk]
. To modify the icon (which will look ugly because 21193 streches and zooms them) you will need a PNG file corresponding on the upper requirements and you will need to add simple registry line in the Skype.lnk key: it should be String Value and the name shoild be Icon, the value must show the path to the icon, i put them in windows because it is easyer (and because MS do it, it is possible to put them on the SD card but your device may crash on SD removal) so the path value should be
Code:
 \windows\Start_Icon_Skype.png
(the name depends on your png but i name my the same way as Microsoft do)

Here are some of my works

Icon Pack: Ziddu | Megaupload

The pack contains icons about:

Games: Asphalt3D, Asphalt4, Atomic Cannon, Bowling Master, Burning Armor, Microsoft Chess, DragonBird, DoubleSkill, DopeWars, FireHawk, FreeCell, Microsoft Hearts, Palm Heroes, HotField, Invasion, Monopoly, Monopoly World, Rocket Mania, SimCity 2000, Spore, ACE Texas Hold Em Poker, Warfare Incorporated, Worms World Party, NetWalk

Software: ADC, Adobe Reader LE, SCHAPS Advanced Config, ClearTemp, CorePlayer, MS Facebook Client, Funny Tools For Images, Google maps, ICQ, Mail Account Repair, Marketplace, M2DC (Manila2D Customizer), MusicID, My Globul (this is the STK link which shows for my operator so i created icon for it also), Microsoft MyPhone, NoCalls, Orneta Notepad, Pocket GOO 2, PIM Backup, WinRAR, Remote Desktop Mobile, RealVNC, Resco Explorer, Resco Photo Viewer, Screen Capture (installs with Resco Photo Viewer), SIP Change, Skype, Sprite Backup, Skyfire, Task Manager(Dotfred's one), TaskSwitch, TCPMP, ThumbCal

Some of the icons were taken from Windows 7, other icons are improved original ones, and other are entirely my creations.

I can make addition to this package if i have time...

BTW All this software is installed always on my device (storege card) :)

Last edited:

xplode

Dec 9, 2005
Nesebar
I will upload it , and add 2 aditional mirrors before i add it to the first post please be patient, in a few more minutes i will post the links

P

pongothemagnificent

thx a lot xplode, been waiting for this build for quit a wile :p.

P

pongothemagnificent

ok just finished flashing my device, one thing i did notice the divice is getting quite hot not that it burns my hand lol, but defenetly hot to notice it, my question xplode does this rom OC the cpu? or some other hardware??

mimahitna

May 31, 2007
Vladičin Han
Hi again,
in firs screenshot we can see tab named Favorites then voicemail...
On my BA I dont have this tab and I dont now how to enable/create this ?
Great work !

xplode

Dec 9, 2005
Nesebar
Translated Win_XP:
I will test it in a while, does this rom is usefull for everyday use, because the universal build is piece of sh** :)

Answer in EN:
Well i have tryed it for 2 days and everything seems to work just fine, BTW do not flash it on UNI, this rom is for BA

Answer in BG:
Ами ползвам го от два дни и всичко работи нормално, между другото не опитвай да го флашваш на UNI, този ром е за BA