Need help...!! camera functionality not working after unlocking bootloader

Search This thread

sharathkumar

Jun 20, 2014
Hyderabad
1stly i have 4.4.2 (.757) running on my z1 and i downgraded to .534 and i rooted the device by vroot and backed up the DRM keys successfully.. and then i flashed to .290 and unlocked the bootloader by flashtool and then downgraded to .534 and then installed the dual recovery and then flashed using the flashable recovery using recovery and then i found that camera is not working properly.. camera is opening and when i press the shutter butter its trying to focus the area and after focusing it freezes and doesn't shutter... so this is my problem... please help...

Attachments

• Screenshot_1970-09-27-11-39-18.jpg
    Screenshot_1970-09-27-11-39-18.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_1970-09-27-11-39-31.png
    Screenshot_1970-09-27-11-39-31.png
    202.7 KB · Views: 47

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
So much fail.
Do not use vroot, it sends your imei number to an ip address in China.
Also, unlocking your bootloader on 4.2 will break your camera, it clearly says so on the Sony official site about unlocking your bootloader.

Now, the solution.
Restore your ta partition.
Use pccompanion to update to the latest firmware
Unlock your bootloader again
Flash a custom kernel of your choice
Install super user app of your choice

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: sharathkumar

sharathkumar

Jun 20, 2014
Hyderabad
So much fail.
Also, unlocking your bootloader on 4.2 will break your camera, it clearly says so on the Sony official site about unlocking your bootloader.

Now, the solution.

i have unlocked the bootloader in 4.3 i.e 14.2.A.0.290 with flashtool and i installed the dual recovery in 4.2 i.e 14.1.G.1.534

what happened to the camera.. can u xplain the reason behind it...??

Last edited:

sharathkumar

Jun 20, 2014
Hyderabad
.534 is 4.2 FW. the camera will not work with an unlocked boot.

Follow the advice I gave above

yeah..!! i have done it.. thanks :)
but i have unlocked it in 4.3 does it make any sence by unlocking the bootloader in 4.3 and i didn't get any recovery mode... so.. i downgrader to 4.2 and installed the dual recovery as the thread says it needs .534 firmware to root properly...

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
yeah..!! i have done it.. thanks :)
but i have unlocked it in 4.3 does it make any sence by unlocking the bootloader in 4.3 and i didn't get any recovery mode... so.. i downgrader to 4.2 and installed the dual recovery as the thread says it needs .534 firmware to root properly...

I have to ask

Why are you unlocking your bootloader? What have you done it for? You do not get a recovery mode just by unlocking the boot, you have to flash a custom kernel with recovery in it

You either do all the downgrading and install dual recovery if you have a locked bootloader

OR

You unlock your bootloader, flash a custom kernel with recovery and install super user app

there is no need for both approaches and that's why you are getting problems

sharathkumar

Jun 20, 2014
Hyderabad
I have to ask

Why are you unlocking your bootloader? What have you done it for? You do not get a recovery mode just by unlocking the boot, you have to flash a custom kernel with recovery in it

You either do all the downgrading and install dual recovery if you have a locked bootloader

OR

You unlock your bootloader, flash a custom kernel with recovery and install super user app

there is no need for both approaches and that's why you are getting problems

i unlocked the bootloader... i didn't find any recovery after unlocking so i followed the xzdual recovery process... but is it safe to flash a custom kernel.. :confused: and by installing only recovery without kernel does this doesn't help..

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
i unlocked the bootloader... i didn't find any recovery after unlocking so i followed the xzdual recovery process... but is it safe to flash a custom kernel.. :confused: and by installing only recovery without kernel does this doesn't help..

Why did you unlock the bootloader? What did you want to do with it?

You can not install a recovery without a custom kernel, xperia devices have no recovery partition, it can only be installed by pushing the ramdisks to the system partition or by flashing a custom kernel.

Please follow the advice I gave several posts ago.... that is your solution.

Then spend some time reading up on xperia device flashing.

1) Xperia devices have no factory recovery or recovery partition
2) Unlocking the bootloader is the fastest and easiest method to root and get recovery (If you are allowed to do it)
3) If you cannot or do not want to unlock the bootloader, then go through the downgrade, root, dual recovery process...

sharathkumar

Jun 20, 2014
Hyderabad
Why did you unlock the bootloader? What did you want to do with it?

You can not install a recovery without a custom kernel, xperia devices have no recovery partition, it can only be installed by pushing the ramdisks to the system partition or by flashing a custom kernel.

Please follow the advice I gave several posts ago.... that is your solution.

Then spend some time reading up on xperia device flashing.

1) Xperia devices have no factory recovery or recovery partition
2) Unlocking the bootloader is the fastest and easiest method to root and get recovery (If you are allowed to do it)
3) If you cannot or do not want to unlock the bootloader, then go through the downgrade, root, dual recovery process...

ok... can we get the recovery by unlocking the bootloader by official way??
and i saw a doomkernel... by installing it in fastboot can i get the recovery mode with locked bootloader or i should seperately install the recovery..?? :rolleyes:

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
So much fail.

Now, the solution.

When china takes your imei, don't they use that and put it on their "clones" so the phone they make work with calling?

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
ok... can we get the recovery by unlocking the bootloader by official way??
and i saw a doomkernel... by installing it in fastboot can i get the recovery mode with locked bootloader or i should seperately install the recovery..?? :rolleyes:

Greg said fifteen times - follow his guide for here.

Yoy can't flash custom kernel especially not fastboot custom kernel on locked bootloader.

Whole purpose of unlocking bootloader is to flash custom kernel.

You are confused with all this informations, I would recommend that you read few things here on XDA to understand terms and other things.

You could seriously damage your device with just one wrong step.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

sharathkumar

Jun 20, 2014
Hyderabad
Greg said fifteen times - follow his guide for here.

Yoy can't flash custom kernel especially not fastboot custom kernel on locked bootloader.

Whole purpose of unlocking bootloader is to flash custom kernel.

You are confused with all this informations, I would recommend that you read few things here on XDA to understand terms and other things.

You could seriously damage your device with just one wrong step.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

yeah..!! :confused: am really confused with all these.. as i read alot before unlocking and flashing..
flashing a custom kernel can brick the phone??:rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So much fail.

Now, the solution.