Help Xperia Z1s Status Bar Turns Grey in Settings/Dialer

Search This thread

POMF2K

Jan 2, 2009
Traverse City, MI
No idea what has caused this... but when I enter settings it goes from Black (nova launcher) or transparent (stock xperia) to a dull gray.

Thanks in advance.

POMF2K

Jan 2, 2009
Traverse City, MI
Has it been like this from the start and I just now noticed?

This is really stressing me out. Whether I messed something up or it was like that all along... it looks horrible.

Is there a way to change android settings menus (as well as the notification bar/bottom button bar) to black and get rid of this horrible white/grey theme that doesn't involve an unlocked bootloader? I'm hoping to find an easy fix for this once root is available.

hontouni

Oct 13, 2013
Same thing on my phone, if you use nova launcher to change the bar color it works except in sonys custom settings, which probably means the color of the bars there is handled different hence why nova launcher can't change it. Would probably need something like a custom rom/root or maybe 4.4 to do this.

xasbo

Feb 10, 2012
This is stock and normal. You're like the third person I've seen complaining about this today? I don't understand why it's a problem.

xasbo

Feb 10, 2012
Honestly it's not a problem aside from the fact that it's unsightly. I was afraid messed something up.

So even without nova it would still turn grey?

Yep, this is controlled by the Dialer and Settings APKs - you won't be able to change it without modifying those APKs or a custom ROM/app which supports forcing status bar colors. I'm not too involved in that stuff, though, so that's about as much of a jumping off point as I can give you.

To be honest, I didn't even notice it until people started getting excited about. :) Different folks...

POMF2K

Jan 2, 2009
Traverse City, MI
Yep, this is controlled by the Dialer and Settings APKs - you won't be able to change it without modifying those APKs or a custom ROM/app which supports forcing status bar colors. I'm not too involved in that stuff, though, so that's about as much of a jumping off point as I can give you.

To be honest, I didn't even notice it until people started getting excited about. :) Different folks...

Maybe i was so excited about everything else that i didn't notice that. I wonder if it was intentional to signify importance or caution or if it was simply overlooked.

xasbo

Feb 10, 2012
Maybe i was so excited about everything else that i didn't notice that. I wonder if it was intentional to signify importance or caution or if it was simply overlooked.

I think it's simply a case of the status bar/button panel (whatever it's called) blending the default black color with the white-ish background of the app. I assume it's just the application of translucency and alpha blending. Change the bgcolor of those apps, probably goes away. Maybe there are some other white-background apps to prove that theory.

nb31b

Jan 14, 2014
Messaging does it too, fyi

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app