Z ultra vibrate only!!! HELP!!!

Search This thread

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London

atrix2

Jun 9, 2012
Negeri Sembilan
Firstly, double check your settings, make sure it hasn't slipped somehow to vibrate.

Then open the sd card slot and check what color your litmus paper is, if white you're ok, if pink then check this thread:

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-Ultra/Water-Damaged-xperia-z-ultra/td-p/469253

Report back with what you find.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The phone is completely off and vibrate while I press the power button,I guess only tiny amount of water go inside because I dip only 13 cm deep and only 2 second,now put beside a fan to dry out.:crying:

atrix2

Jun 9, 2012
Negeri Sembilan
So it wont even boot?

Yea,when I power on it vibrate only,can enter fastboot and flashmode,now just try make it dry and try power on later,hope it work.
Edit:after few hour of air flow from fan I try power on and it work fine now,I still put it away because still scare about got water inside,but I learn a lesson,never put z ultra inside water,IP58 certified is not true,up to 1meter is not true,It can even go 2cm underwater.**** sony.It's not waterproof.It's ****ing annoying.

Last edited:

hassanmahmood

Jan 3, 2012
Yea,when I power on it vibrate only,can enter fastboot and flashmode,now just try make it dry and try power on later,hope it work.
Edit:after few hour of air flow from fan I try power on and it work fine now,I still put it away because still scare about got water inside,but I learn a lesson,never put z ultra inside water,IP58 certified is not true,up to 1meter is not true,It can even go 2cm underwater.**** sony.It's not waterproof.It's ****ing annoying.

I haven't put this instrument in any water - but the previous instrument that I DOA'd was put under a stream of water for quite a while and didn't have any water damage.

I think it's about luck.

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012

I'm sorry but I rinse my Ultra underwater every other day, and like me plenty of other Ultra users, and nothing happened to mine.
I even filled the sink and put it inside, or watched a movie in the bathtub and dipped the phone in to check sound output underwater.
So point is, your device has something wrong, or you modified it the wrong way, or you let some of the caps open.

Either way, no reason to throw sh*t at Sony for lying, when they are telling the truth and lots of people can prove it.

Reactions: SpyderTracks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm sorry but I rinse my Ultra underwater every other day, and like me plenty of other Ultra users, and nothing happened to mine.
    I even filled the sink and put it inside, or watched a movie in the bathtub and dipped the phone in to check sound output underwater.
    So point is, your device has something wrong, or you modified it the wrong way, or you let some of the caps open.

Either way, no reason to throw sh*t at Sony for lying, when they are telling the truth and lots of people can prove it.