Moto X dialer codes

Search This thread

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
XT1053, just bought it. Running stock 4.4, always been stock. What are the dialer codes? I have yet to see a list or any success with the few i saw on random forums, thanks!

The goal is to be able to delve into hidden menu and also control the radios. Thanks in advance!!

piccit

Dec 16, 2011
XT1053, just bought it. Running stock 4.4, always been stock. What are the dialer codes? I have yet to see a list or any success with the few i saw on random forums, thanks!

The goal is to be able to delve into hidden menu and also control the radios. Thanks in advance!!

Testing menu (to control radio) is #*#*INFO*#*#

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

chrstndsgnr

Jan 6, 2008
Omaha

piccit

Dec 16, 2011
First off, the code is *#*#info#*#*
Secondly, dialer codes don't work on the stock moto x 4.4+ I've tried many and none will bring up any menu.

Another post mentioned the app Phone Testing. This has worked for me as far as bringing up the info menu.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=diewland.testing.phone

Sent from my XT1053 using xda premium

Oops got the symbols backwards, thanks for catching that :)

But yeah, the codes seem to be hit or miss (I've had both experiences on stock -- it's working for me now on 4.4.2 but didn't work on 4.4)

Reactions: drago10029

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
First off, the code is *#*#info#*#*
Secondly, dialer codes don't work on the stock moto x 4.4+ I've tried many and none will bring up any menu.

Another post mentioned the app Phone Testing. This has worked for me as far as bringing up the info menu.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=diewland.testing.phone

Oops got the symbols backwards, thanks for catching that :)

But yeah, the codes seem to be hit or miss (I've had both experiences on stock -- it's working for me now on 4.4.2 but didn't work on 4.4)

thanks for the help guys, I searched anycut in the play store but it's gone apparently. also, piccit is right, the dialer code does not work for 4.4 that was the first thing i tried when getting the phone lol

I'm just gonna find anycut on google. Also piccit, since we have the same model, Are there any noticable camera improvements for 4.4.2? also did system update work for you? it doesn't for me, and did audio effects toggles work for you? because on 4.4 it don't work for me lol.

piccit

Dec 16, 2011
thanks for the help guys, I searched anycut in the play store but it's gone apparently. also, piccit is right, the dialer code does not work for 4.4 that was the first thing i tried when getting the phone lol

I'm just gonna find anycut on google. Also piccit, since we have the same model, Are there any noticable camera improvements for 4.4.2? also did system update work for you? it doesn't for me, and did audio effects toggles work for you? because on 4.4 it don't work for me lol.

I actually have the 1060 (vze DE). I flashed the Great Britian 4.4.2 and never bothered to modify my build.prop to specify the right version.

As far as your questions:
I don't use the camera enough to comment.
I manually flashed 4.4.2, so system update doesn't come into play
I haven't touched my EQ/audio effects, they're still on whatever the defaults are

I'm not familiar with anycut, but if you just want to get to the testing menu, the app chrstndsgnr posted worked for me when the dialer code wouldn't on 4.4

chrstndsgnr

Jan 6, 2008
Omaha

AnyCut hasn't been updated since 2008. If you've installed it before, open the play store, click on the upper left and pick"my apps" then "all". You'll probably have to scroll all the way to the bottom

Here's the direct link, don't know if it'll work for you or not.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appdroid.anycut

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
AnyCut hasn't been updated since 2008. If you've installed it before, open the play store, click on the upper left and pick"my apps" then "all". You'll probably have to scroll all the way to the bottom

Here's the direct link, don't know if it'll work for you or not.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appdroid.anycut

Thanks for the reply but I trieed that direct link else where already. also I can just get the apk from google like i did last time.

Q9Nap

Feb 13, 2009
you can create shortcuts to hidden menus through the activities widget in third party launchers like apex launcher and action launcher, probably others.

CQATest: CQATest > CQATest > .Test_MenuMode

Phone info (submenu of Testing): Settings > Phone info > .RadioInfo

Programming Menu: Programming Menu > Programming Menu > .ProgMenuApp$ProgMenuList

Qualcomm Settings: com.qualcomm.qualcommsettings > Qualcomm Settings > .QualcommSettings

Testing: Settings > Testing > .TestingSettings

Last edited:

semaj3000

Apr 19, 2011
All of those work except the programming menu when using the action launcher. Thanks for sharing!

you can create shortcuts to hidden menus through the activities widget in third party launchers like apex launcher and action launcher, probably others.

CQATest: CQATest > CQATest > .Test_MenuMode

Phone info (submenu of Testing): Settings > Phone info > .RadioInfo

Programming Menu: Programming Menu > Programming Menu > .ProgMenuApp$ProgMenuList

Qualcomm Settings: com.qualcomm.qualcommsettings > Qualcomm Settings > .QualcommSettings

Testing: Settings > Testing > .TestingSettings

Top Liked Posts