Bluettoh Issues after upgrade to NF6

Search This thread

KoubaK

Aug 24, 2009
DMV
Has anyone been experiencing Bluetooth issues after upgrading to NF6?
I get the skipping effect from old CD players.
I am completely stock and using the stock Music application.

slicknsxy

Apr 25, 2011
With my headphones I have Zero issues. In my car I have experienced this just once. will try it again when I leave work.

Update. I have no issues at all unless I have some apps running like ingress. Maybe more of an issue reading/processing the music file than the Bluetooth connection

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Last edited:

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
Mine works fine with both normal blue tooth headset as well as with my car Bluetooth.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

neoslink1

Nov 25, 2010
St. Louis

I have the same issue, even on the original firmware. I think it has something to do with how the phone sleeps. When my screen is on, I don't get any cut-outs, but once the screen turns off, the skips begin. try changing your cpu governor to conservative on the stock kernel with an app like Rom Toolbox. I'm trying to narrow down this problem, and I got less skips on conservative than I do on Ondemand (default). I get no skips on my portable bluetooth speaker, which also kinda makes me feel like the low-power bluetooth 4.0 technology is something out car radios weren't designed to pick up. Had a GS3 on kitkat in the same car with no issues, so it isnt the OS itself, just a power state thing. I'm just spitballing here. anyone have any other thoughts? I'm still learning all this new crap about the GS5 that is making me lean toward an exchange. *cough* KNOX *cough*

vvveith

Jul 20, 2010
Cleveland
sCReen on makes no difference.

I have the same issue, even on the original firmware. I think it has something to do with how the phone sleeps. When my screen is on, I don't get any cut-outs, but once the screen turns off, the skips begin. try changing your cpu governor to conservative on the stock kernel with an app like Rom Toolbox. I'm trying to narrow down this problem, and I got less skips on conservative than I do on Ondemand (default). I get no skips on my portable bluetooth speaker, which also kinda makes me feel like the low-power bluetooth 4.0 technology is something out car radios weren't designed to pick up. Had a GS3 on kitkat in the same car with no issues, so it isnt the OS itself, just a power state thing. I'm just spitballing here. anyone have any other thoughts? I'm still learning all this new crap about the GS5 that is making me lean toward an exchange. *cough* KNOX *cough*

I use the navigator with screen on. Music will still skip from time to time.

KoubaK

Aug 24, 2009
DMV
It really bums me out when I get these random skips, now I have noticed it happens more frequently when playing music stored on my phone (SD/internal) than when I am streaming (SoundCloud/Milk). I was thinking it could be the bit rate on those files, but I am starting to think it is just the phone because same song from my wife's GS3 played just fine via BT ...

OreoBoyVa

May 24, 2012
yo moms crib
Mine seems to cut out when running apps in the background **** suck I thought it was my radio phewww

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tsnow247

May 28, 2009
Kansas City
ow.ly
I've also noticed it when running background apps. I'll open the recent apps view and close all and it seems to help for awhile but then comes back. I drive for a living so I have lots of hours using bluetooth in my car. I use a bluetooth fm transmitter as well as a creative D200 speaker in my room. Both have the same problem. Doesn't matter if the screen is on or off. Facebook expecially seems to be an issue. I just don't understand why. You'd think that a 2.5 gHz quad core processor would be able to handle multiple tasks with no problem......... Bull S*#t if you ask me.