SWYPE MetaMorph Themes by MotorJonny

Search This thread

motorjonny

Feb 2, 2010
SWYPE (Vibrant) MetaMorph Themes
Updated 8/19 with Sketch Pad Swype
Updated 8/20 Purpinkle Swype & Status Bar

Here are a bunch of Swype MetaMorphs I have been working on for the Vibrant. I plan on making more so keep checking in, and feel free to make suggestions!

I am by no means into any major developing or coding. I'm just into basic theming at this point. I make these because I enjoy mixing up my Vibrant and proving why Android is the best OS.

A special thanks to hoey2011 that got me started working on these by being the first I know of to create swype themes.

(Unzip & Apply) with MetaMorph. Use at your own risk! I have tested all on my Vibrant first with no problems. Reboot is not necessary.

Toss a donation in the hat if you like this artist's work :)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

Enjoy!

Ok here is something for the ladies. Hook your girlfriend's Vibrant up! (or maybe you like purple yourself... not that anything is wrong with that)
I Included a Status Bar Morph too on this one! (remixed clearbar posted by junkdruggler)

PurpinkleSwype.zip
Purpinklebar.zip
This is an updated Purpinkle status bar with no battery indicator. This is made for applying on top of the many new (more accurate) battery inidcators you can find on xda). So flash your new battery indicator, then morph this on top.
Purpinkle4batterymods.zip

SketchPadSwype.zip

cyanogenswype.zip

SketchedWoodSwype.zip

DarkLimeSwype.zip

DarkLimePlasticSwype.zip

SketchedSwype.zip

RedGlassTiles.zip

Last edited:

motorjonny

Feb 2, 2010
Will this work with other phones? I have swype on my rooted htc Hero.:D

Would love a themed version of swype i was wondering when someone would do this :)

I'm pretty sure these will only work on the Vibrant because they replace files with the same names.. If any developers provide me with the necessary files pulled from various other phones/roms I can theme them out. As much as i would like to make them for other phones, I would hate to not be able to test them myself. But we shall see...

hoey2011

Dec 29, 2009
Dallas
Will this work with other phones? I have swype on my rooted htc Hero.:D

Would love a themed version of swype i was wondering when someone would do this :)

Well, my suggestion would be, instead of browsing the Vibrant forum, which contains WVGA resolution themes, etc., why not browse the G1/Magic/HVGA resolution boards? If anyone has made themes for Swype there, they will work with your version, since you have HVGA resolution as well :)

My old Swype thread in the G1 forum is here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=7725289

Check that first, then if you have questions, search for HVGA Swype metamorph. Most likely mine will come up along with some others.

mi4kidzmom

Apr 6, 2010
I'm sorry how do I apply? I unzipped but don't know where to go from there.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

s15274n

Aug 12, 2009
N.C.
callip.wordpress.com
put .zip in folder
open metamorph
unzip new theme
use the back arrow, find the .zip
it will extract, then press "close"
now it shows what is going to be changed, click "apply all" in the bottom right
It will take about 30 seconds
close metamorph and open swype, you new theme is awesome.

mi4kidzmom

Apr 6, 2010
put .zip in folder
open metamorph
unzip new theme
use the back arrow, find the .zip
it will extract, then press "close"
now it shows what is going to be changed, click "apply all" in the bottom right
It will take about 30 seconds
close metamorph and open swype, you new theme is awesome.

Thanks for the reply, my phone is not rooted. Thank you for the help.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

d4n73

Aug 19, 2010
Themes look awesome. Having one small prob. Once I save the .zip to folder on my SD, I can open the folder in metamorph but it then says "nofiles". Does it need to be on phone mem?

acjames

Jun 17, 2010
Memphis 10
Can you change back to the original theme swype?

And my phone is moving extremely slow now.

*Edit* speed has picked up on my phone but i still would like to change back

Last edited:

motorjonny

Feb 2, 2010
^ to be fair, he thought the image over swype could be showing down his phone. I would not be too offended.

Dont worry I put " lol " at the end of my comment because I was being sarcastic :D

Its not actualy an image over swype... it directly replaces the original images. Mine lags for a second or two after flashing it.. but this is just brief and not an ongoing issue...

sensi_

Dec 27, 2008
My swype let is hanging off the screen, the stock vibrant one is the same what's up with that? Can you please provide the files from the existing galaxy s rom please

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

hoey2011

Dec 29, 2009
Dallas
My swype let is hanging off the screen, the stock vibrant one is the same what's up with that? Can you please provide the files from the existing galaxy s rom please

The files in the stock vibrant metamorph are LITERALLY pulled directly from the apk used to display them. Also, there is no such thing as "the" galaxy s rom, as there are way too many variants now to single it out like that, like we could with the G1, Hero, etc. I have a GT9000 thread in themes and apps, maybe you could look for some help there? I do not have a 9000 to test on or I would, but seeing as how much of the basic software is the same, Swype, Samsung Keyboard, Touchwiz, etc., I don't see why these morphs are not aligned properly.

Hopefully you can provide more information to help us help you :)

sensi_

Dec 27, 2008
I replied on your thread in the sgs forum- hope this info helps you, if bout il take a screenshot tonite. Its definitely to do with the 'i' logo above the swype one, look at any of the keyboards on these phones and you'll see

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your keyboard themes rock Motorjonny !!!!

Black plastic/lime : )

Custom Vibrant
    For those having problems, the issue is that when you installed Swype via Swype Installer (instead of having Swype preloaded in the rom), it did not place a "Swype.apk" in the system/app. Instead, it places a variation of "com.swype.android.inputmethod.apk" in data/app. I say variation because mine was "com.swype.android.inputmethod-1.apk".

Some editing of the metamorph can get it to work, but applying it to the new Swype Beta screws up the corner buttons just a little bit:

snap20110510_180026.jpg

I'd post a modification to the morph so it works for those who've installed the most recent Swype Beta, but I haven't contacted the OP about it and don't want to step on toes.

Those who want help can PM me and I'll help you make the morph work for you.