New App - Live Profile - Multi Platform Messenger

Search This thread

R1lover

Mar 13, 2010
Yuba City, CA
www.exactservers.com
I found this app last week and have been very impressed with it, it's currently in beta stage now on Android, and will support Android, Blackberry, & iPhone.

It works with a pin, has unlimited messaging, no restriction on character limits etc. You can use this as a stand alone app or as your sms text app as well.

It shows current status, message delivered indicator, message read indicator and more.

A very nice start to what looks to be a very promising app for all smart phones.

app.png

Give it a try, you will love it.

(disclaimer- I have nothing to do with this app, just sharing a good find)

kekkle

Nov 8, 2009
Damn. Hoped you meant a multi-network app. Like MSN/Aim/Yahoo and so on. Not another BBM remake. We already got PingChat and WhatsApp.

R1lover

Mar 13, 2010
Yuba City, CA
www.exactservers.com
I wasn't aware of ping chat... it looks to be nice as well.... this is just what I found and it works so fast and simple, I thought I would share it.

One main difference I see is the other apps only work for those that have the app installed... as this will also work as your sms/text messenger.

I haven't tested the others yet.. but I will now to see how they compare.

Last edited:

teddyforms

May 23, 2010
Arizona USA
this to BBM?

how do i add a friend that uses a blackberry? can they use their BBM program or do they have to get this program? where do i find their pin?

LiveProfile

Oct 24, 2010
I found this app last week and have been very impressed with it, it's currently in beta stage now on Android, and will support Android, Blackberry, & iPhone.

It works with a pin, has unlimited messaging, no restriction on character limits etc. You can use this as a stand alone app or as your sms text app as well.

It shows current status, message delivered indicator, message read indicator and more.

A very nice start to what looks to be a very promising app for all smart phones.

Give it a try, you will love it.

(disclaimer- I have nothing to do with this app, just sharing a good find)

Thanks for the kind words I really appreciate it :) Just FYI to everyone LiveProfile is one word everyone confuses it. Any questions about LiveProfile feel free to ask.

rumitg2

Jul 26, 2010
gave it a try but in 30min it drained my battery form 100% to 85%. i hadn't received or sent any messages and it was simply in my pocket. i didnt even have any friends added yet.

i wanna be able to use it when the BB version comes out but the battery drain is enourmous

G2

who1981

Aug 24, 2010
Rainier OR
does it have fb chat??

Damn. Hoped you meant a multi-network app. Like MSN/Aim/Yahoo and so on. Not another BBM remake. We already got PingChat and WhatsApp.

Hey, does this work with FaceBook chat??

I've been using "eBuddy", as a muti-network IM client. It works on: MSN, Yahoo, AIM, Google Talk, MySpace, ICQ, Hyves, and Facebook! It works well, and doesn't seem to eat too much battery.
:cool:

Cheers.

InfDaMarvel

Aug 15, 2010
Google Pixel 6
I use aim for facebook chat, does this do facebook chat?
I dont really know anyone who still uses instant messengers other than well sms/text messaging.

davorb

Jun 20, 2008
So this thing uses polling and not push? No, thanks...

ok well after some playing this app certainly polls. My phone, which typically gets me 2 days of light to moderate usage, went from 100% charge down to 7% in 6 hours. Additionally taking a look at the comments in the market you can see others are noticing it as well. The problem is a phone must function as a phone first, all other stuff is secondary. If the phone cannot maintain a charge, it's a $500 paperweight.

You have an awesome app so I'd like to make some suggestions and let me preface by saying i make them with all due respect.

- You really need to push not poll. This saves a ton on battery as the server is doing the heavy lifting and also means no need for a wakelock
- With the suggestion above it means you may need to adjust your business model. Servers come at a cost, you have the initial purchase, maintenance, plus monthly charges of running them (power, broadband). the way BlackBerry gets away with this is by indirectly charging the customer straight through the carrier. When you purchase a BB you get a nice little BB tax of $20 or $30 thrown onto your bill which covers monthly use of the push servers for such things as email and BB messenger. You cant do this, nobody would pay an extra monthly fee so you will need to think outside of the box.

a) look into using admob and putting adds into the settings menus and other non-intrusive places. This should hopefully cover some of the costs.
b) Charge for the app upfront (this is in addition to the ad's). Charge a buck or two at the time of purchase.
c) Make it more than just Liveprofile messages and text. Add in some other services to make this a must have app such as facebook chat or gtalk which would also be pushed through the server. People would buy an app with facebook chat that does push for that purpose alone! I suggested gtalk as well because of its deep integration to google, with android getting as large as it is, gtalk is becoming more and more popular. The current gtalk app that comes with android is push, works beautifully, and barely uses battery.
d) Maybe think of a way to create a group license package that you could market to large companies which could help bring in lump sums of cash plus the additional exposure to the ad's (point a).

here is a link to an article which you may find of value.

Again great work. I hope to see this with push servers in the near future because i can easily see this becoming everyones "must have" application.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/liveprofile/41213-welcome-liveprofile-forum-android-central-2.html