Search This thread

leeroyjenks

Aug 2, 2010
Brooklyn
www.DanAlbuquerque.com
I've looked everywhere and haven't quite found anything quite like the problem I am having so here it is.

The touchscreen is giving some very weird inputs after installing a new LCD (since mine got cracked). This problem was occurring before and I changed the touchscreen glass but still have the same problem. I changed roms as well and did the basic keyboard calibration with no success. Please help! what else can i do? What could be causing this problem?

PROBLEM:
The very top of the screen does not detect touch at all (therefore I can't drag down the notifications bar). The upper middle of the screen registers only up and down drags when started outside the area. It does not register side to side and does not register touches.

HTC Droid Incredible (tried multiple different roms with no success).
0319022117.jpg

Attachments

• 0319022117.jpg
    0319022117.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 50

leeroyjenks

Aug 2, 2010
Brooklyn
www.DanAlbuquerque.com
on top of the lcd there are 2 wire straps, the ground the screen by a screw. when you replaced the screen did you remember to transfer over the the straps as well?

i didn't this time, but i put something else in its place (copper wires) but it's still doing the same thing. I can't swipe down the notifications bar and the middle is still having the same problem. There is a screw (one of the two) on the motherboard that I lost, but I don't know how that would make any difference. Thoughts?

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
i didn't this time, but i put something else in its place (copper wires) but it's still doing the same thing. I can't swipe down the notifications bar and the middle is still having the same problem. There is a screw (one of the two) on the motherboard that I lost, but I don't know how that would make any difference. Thoughts?

The motherboard screws don't matter as much. It might be a bad digitizer or the coper isn't conductive enough. Make sure the flat wire is in all the way and there are no kinks.

Cheated on my sexy assistant with a HTC ReZound.

Last edited:

hoodratchandler

Feb 23, 2012
Hmmm...I've repaired about 25 Droid incredibles..never had this problem. I'm thinkin your digitizer is bad or when you replaced the lcd that maybe some adhesive is touching the glass underneath? If I were you I would just order a new digtitizer and give that a shot. Since your lcd is new. If even a tiny bit of the digitizer got cracked that will happen or if you have damage to the ribbon cable that will happen as well. Which would then again me solved by a new digitizer. Let me know how that goes.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

pwii

Jul 19, 2013
Similar issue

Was there any resolution to this issue?

I am attempting to replace a severely cracked digitizer (that otherwise works perfectly - responding to touch everywhere) with a replacement digitizer and front housing part purchased from repairsuniverse. They've been gracious enough to exchange their product twice but all three replacements they've provided have identical behavior to the original poster. I'd be able to believe it were a hardware issue with the phone/motherboard IF the cracked digitizer didn't work in a similar way, but it's fine every time I reinstall it, which pretty much rules that scenario out.

I've been scouring threads for the better part of the day, but have been unable to find one that provides a solution.

leeroyjenks

Aug 2, 2010
Brooklyn
www.DanAlbuquerque.com
Was there any resolution to this issue?

I am attempting to replace a severely cracked digitizer (that otherwise works perfectly - responding to touch everywhere) with a replacement digitizer and front housing part purchased from repairsuniverse. They've been gracious enough to exchange their product twice but all three replacements they've provided have identical behavior to the original poster. I'd be able to believe it were a hardware issue with the phone/motherboard IF the cracked digitizer didn't work in a similar way, but it's fine every time I reinstall it, which pretty much rules that scenario out.

I've been scouring threads for the better part of the day, but have been unable to find one that provides a solution.

it was such a long time ago. from what I remember it was just a bad digitizer. I suggest just returning the item and buying it from a different company. That phone, which wasn't even mine, I replaced the digitizer more than once and it only happened that one time.

Hope it helps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    on top of the lcd there are 2 wire straps, the ground the screen by a screw. when you replaced the screen did you remember to transfer over the the straps as well?