[LB][TWRP 2.6.0.0][CWM 6.0.3.2] ZRDualRecovery

Search This thread

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Again I'm not the dev of these custom recovery. Just that I pack them together and modified a theme to work with our ZR phone.

Installation procedure:
1. Just unzip lockeddualrecovery2.6.0-RELEASE.windows.zip in your PC and run either supersu.bat or superuser.bat.
2. After all files are installed, your phone should reboot automatically into CWM.
3. If you're unable to see CWM and your phone just reboot normally to Android, then you might be suffering from remount-reboot issue. Just run the fix for remount-reboot first.

How to enter CWM/TWRP:
1. During a reboot, when the LED turns green, press VOL-UP for CWM or VOL-DOWN for TWRP. The LED will then turn purple before entering the selected custom recovery.

How to apply the proper theme in TWRP to fix UI issue:
1. Copy the TWRP_theme_720_play.zip into /sdcard/TWRP/theme and rename it as ui.zip

How to restore stock recovery
1. Delete the following files:
/system/bin/recovery.twrp.cpio.lzma (or .tar)
/system/bin/recovery.cwm.cpio.lzma (or .tar)
/system/bin/charger
/system/bin/ric
/system/bin/chargemon
/system/bin/dualrecovery.sh
2. Inside /system/bin/ rename chargemon.stock to chargemon
3. Change permission for chargemon (chmod 755 chargemon)

Credits:
- Team Win for TWRP
- ClockWorkMod for CWM
- z31s1g for the beautiful Holofied theme. I only rescaled some images and edit the xml for 720p display.

Attachments

• lockeddualrecovery2.6.0-RELEASE.windows.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 3,337
  • TWRP_theme_720_play.zip
    783.5 KB · Views: 972
  • remountrebootfix-windows.zip
    926.2 KB · Views: 1,027
Last edited:

shteren

Jul 9, 2013
excuse me for my ignorance noobish question, but why do we need a dual boot recovery? whats special about twrp if we already have a fine working cwm? or perhaps if one prefers twrp why whould be need both?

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
excuse me for my ignorance noobish question, but why do we need a dual boot recovery? whats special about twrp if we already have a fine working cwm? or perhaps if one prefers twrp why whould be need both?

This is actually a valid question. Personally, I prefer to use TWRP since it's touch based and support more functions. Maybe someone does need CWM for some reasons.

Reactions: gmengass

njsdante

Jun 23, 2011
Yangon
Working fine on Xperia ZR C5502 67 Firmware & able to use TWRP recovery

CWM part is working fine but fail to fix ui issue on TWRP part.
Copying the ui.zip to sdcard/TWRP/theme not solved the problem.
Can someone help me to fix this.
:crying::crying:

PS. Xperia ZR C5502 with C5503 10.1.1.A.1.310 firmware.

Last edited:

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
CWM part is working fine but fail to fix ui issue on TWRP part.
Copying the ui.zip to sdcard/TWRP/theme not solved the problem.
Can someone help me to fix this.
:crying::crying:

PS. Xperia ZR C5502 with C5503 10.1.1.A.1.310 firmware.

Are you using the INTERNAL SD card to store the ui.zip?

What do you see in TWRP? Similar to the Holofied them in this link?

njsdante

Jun 23, 2011
Yangon
Are you using the INTERNAL SD card to store the ui.zip?

What do you see in TWRP? Similar to the Holofied them in this link?

TWRP folder is on internal sd card so i copy the ui.zip into internal sd/TWRP/theme.

But when i entering into TWRP mode, i can only see the partial screen which contain install, wipe and backup buttons in big icon.
And no way to get out of recovery mode except removing the battery.

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
TWRP folder is on internal sd card so i copy the ui.zip into internal sd/TWRP/theme.

But when i entering into TWRP mode, i can only see the partial screen which contain install, wipe and backup buttons in big icon.
And no way to get out of recovery mode except removing the battery.

So it seems TWRP is unable to read the theme file. Can you check if your ui.zip file is corrupted?

MD5 checksum is: 20B934657DB6E7F19E9D603DA7529B35

Ilko

May 30, 2007
Funky town
ilkos-home.blogspot.com
Shh I want to modify this package in order to compile my own flasher package with twrp only. But that cpio archive is making me crazy since I can't repack it in this format.

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda app-developers app

Lasantha

Jun 27, 2011
word of advice.dont update busy box after installing this.it will make this to stop working

single

Apr 5, 2006
Cairo
both are working great , thanks a lot .

i have a question, where does CWM save the nandroid backups? i can't seem to find the backup i just made.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Again I'm not the dev of these custom recovery. Just that I pack them together and modified a theme to work with our ZR phone.

Installation procedure:
    1. Just unzip lockeddualrecovery2.6.0-RELEASE.windows.zip in your PC and run either supersu.bat or superuser.bat.
    2. After all files are installed, your phone should reboot automatically into CWM.
    3. If you're unable to see CWM and your phone just reboot normally to Android, then you might be suffering from remount-reboot issue. Just run the fix for remount-reboot first.

How to enter CWM/TWRP:
    1. During a reboot, when the LED turns green, press VOL-UP for CWM or VOL-DOWN for TWRP. The LED will then turn purple before entering the selected custom recovery.

How to apply the proper theme in TWRP to fix UI issue:
    1. Copy the TWRP_theme_720_play.zip into /sdcard/TWRP/theme and rename it as ui.zip

How to restore stock recovery
    1. Delete the following files:
    /system/bin/charger
    /system/bin/ric
    /system/bin/chargemon
    2. Inside /system/bin/ rename chargemon.stock to chargemon
    3. Change permission for chargemon (chmod 755 chargemon)

Credits:
    - Team Win for TWRP
    - ClockWorkMod for CWM
    - z31s1g for the beautiful Holofied theme. I only rescaled some images and edit the xml for 720p display.

This is actually a valid question. Personally, I prefer to use TWRP since it's touch based and support more functions. Maybe someone does need CWM for some reasons.
    both are working great , thanks a lot .

i have a question, where does CWM save the nandroid backups? i can't seem to find the backup i just made.

ClockworkMod stores its NANDroid backup folders at this location:
    /mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod/backup
    any idea how to change that path to be in SDcard instead?

Choose the option "Backup to external SDCard" while backing up via CWM. While restoring use "Restore from external SDCard". I have used this several time and works properly.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

If anyone wants to update via OTA, you have to remove recovery. @itandy Please add this to your post.

Here's how to remove dual recovery:

Delete the following files:
    /system/bin/charger
    /system/bin/ric
    /system/bin/chargemon

Then inside */system/bin/ rename chargemon.stock to chargemon check its permissions (should be 755 or otherwise visible as -rwxr-x-r-x). Done!

Source- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2261606

I have tried this and succesfully updated to 4.3 via OTA.