[DEPRECATED][Xposed] SwipeBack v2.0.0 -- Swipe on all apps!

Search This thread

PeterCxy

Jul 15, 2013
Sorry everybody, this project is DEPRECATED. I cannot bear my poor phone's sticky performance in dalvik mode even if I uninstalled Xposed Framework. And I think that this module will be of no use since Android L's new interface and animations will be much better than swipe back gestures. Sorry.

Here is a Xposed module, which adds global swipe back gesture to your Android phone or tablet.

Features:
* Global swipe back gesture
* Per-app settings
* Custom gesture direction

Usage:
* Download and install
* Activate in xposed, then reboot
* Configure swipe edge as you like
* Swipe! (For example, if you set "Swipe Edge" to bottom, you can swipe from the bottom of an actvity to the top, and then it will be finished)
* If you found any app not working with this module, you can add it to Blacklist, and contact me with it's name.

Tests Info:
* AOSP 4.4.x (Kitkat) - Works Fine
* MIUI v5 (JellyBean) - Works with little problems
* Android 4.1-4.3 (JellyBean) - Almost Fine

Requirements:
* Android version >= 4.1
* Xposed Framework version >= 2.4.1(42+)

Credits:
* Issacw0ng (for his original SwipeBackLayout library)

Changelog:
* New: Per-app settings
* Removed: First-run tutorial
* NOTICE: AFTER UPGRADING TO THIS VERSION, YOUR SETTINGS BEFORE WILL BE LOST

* New: Hungarian Translations (thanks to szunyi777)
* New: Option to disable Surface Recycling System (Only for advanced users, may fix some crashes)
* Fixed: Settings dependencies
* New: Swipe sensitivity adjustment

New: adjustable edge size
New: switchable blacklist/whitelist
Fixed: InCallUI could be swiped out
Fixed: Surface recycling system on KitKat was not working
Improvement: Blacklist/Whitelist is in alphabetical sort
Improvement: code logic

PLEASE DO A WIPE FOR THE SWIPEBACK APP DATA IN SETTINGS (if it crashes) IF YOU UPGRADE TO THIS VERSION
* Fixed: Rotation would not work when SwipeBack was enabled
* New: Support multiple edges setting
* Try to fix: some app's full-translucent background
* New: First-run tutorial (Credit: ShowcaseView, and this is why the apk size increased so much)
* New: About activity
* Others: code cleanups & tidier package floders

* New: show system apps as well in blacklist page.
* Fixed: dialogs would sometimes crash or show improperly

* Initial release

Download page(xposed repository):
http://repo.xposed.info/module/us.shandian.mod.swipeback

Screenshots:
1388482949634.jpg

Sent from my MI-ONE Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

AndroGuru

Aug 17, 2013
Lucknow
Wow this is so good. Thanks a ton man. But I have a request. In the window in which to select which sides the gesture would work can one have choice to enable it in only the sides one wants. I mean to say that if instead of giving options to select left right top bottom and all can you implement all the four sides with a check box against each option so that one can select only the sides one wants. It will give more control. For example I want the gesture to be active on right and bottom only. This is because a majority of apps use the left side for there menus. But if I use all option I am stuck with the left side gesture which I don't want. Still an awesome mod. Thanks.

Last edited:

PeterCxy

Jul 15, 2013
Wow this is so good. Thanks a ton man. But I have a request. In the window in which to select which sides the gesture would work can one have choice to enable it in only the sides one wants. I mean to say that if instead of giving options to select left right top bottom and all can you implement all the four sides with a check box against each option so that one can select only the sides one wants. It will give more control. For example I want the gesture to be active on right and bottom only. This is because a majority of apps use the left side for there menus. But if I use all option I am stuck with the left side gesture which I don't want. Still an awesome mod. Thanks.

I understand. It's in schedule now.

Metallijim

Dec 1, 2011
Bedford
Google Pixel 7
Great module, lots of potential. One suggestion is to set the height of the trigger areas, how far up the screen sides they are. Also when in the app, some sort of indicator to show where to swipe from, to help with the learning curve.
Different animations maybe?

Sent from Z Beast

Reactions: tehNYAZ

PeterCxy

Jul 15, 2013
Great module, lots of potential. One suggestion is to set the height of the trigger areas, how far up the screen sides they are. Also when in the app, some sort of indicator to show where to swipe from, to help with the learning curve.
Different animations maybe?

Sent from Z Beast

Yes the height setting is in my schedule. Also thank you for your indicator idea(I didn't think about it before), maybe you will see it next release.

PigFire

Sep 22, 2013
First thanks for this great module, but i have problem after i updated to 1.0.2 i try to open Room toolbox then i open the option and the background is transparant and if i disable swipeback the background is normal. I send the picture as attach.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-01-09-14-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-01-09-14-19.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,270
Last edited:

djangosteen

Sep 7, 2013
Jakarta
nice module dev. im using it now and it works with my device LG L7 P705 running CM10.2. but still some apps show weird behavior when using swipe back, e.g. bbm wont show keyboard, tweedle cant open link in builtin browser. the workaround is blacklisting them, which isnt cause me any trouble anymore.

AndroGuru

Aug 17, 2013
Lucknow
First thanks for this great module, but i have problem after i updated to 1.0.2 i try to open Room toolbox then i open the option and the background is transparant and if i disable swipeback the background is normal. I send the picture as attach.

Yup I have noticed it as well. Maybe a bugfix to fix this.

PeterCxy

Jul 15, 2013

Is this app's default background pure black?

Ardethian

Mar 30, 2011
Hey man, great job on the module! I've been waiting for something like it.

Overall this module is perfect, but I do have this strange bug where my phone's rotation doesn't work as long as the module is enabled.
I'm sure you'll fix it, just letting you know. I tried rotating with and without the module several times, it seems that something in the module is disabling the gyro rotation or whatever.

Thanks again for your work, this module is awesome! :)
Subscribed. :)

PeterCxy

Jul 15, 2013
Hey man, great job on the module! I've been waiting for something like it.

Overall this module is perfect, but I do have this strange bug where my phone's rotation doesn't work as long as the module is enabled.
I'm sure you'll fix it, just letting you know. I tried rotating with and without the module several times, it seems that something in the module is disabling the gyro rotation or whatever.

Thanks again for your work, this module is awesome! :)
Subscribed. :)

I've fixed it in source and you will see the fix in next release.

Steph310

Jul 3, 2012
Cahors
Thanks for this nice app!!!
Only rotation problem, soon solved ;)
Most apps perfectly work (not Titanium)
Remember many app use left swipe for displaying settings then use bottom or right swipe give optimal working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry everybody, this project is DEPRECATED. I cannot bear my poor phone's sticky performance in dalvik mode even if I uninstalled Xposed Framework. And I think that this module will be of no use since Android L's new interface and animations will be much better than swipe back gestures. Sorry.

Here is a Xposed module, which adds global swipe back gesture to your Android phone or tablet.

Features:
    * Global swipe back gesture
    * Per-app settings
    * Custom gesture direction

Usage:
    * Download and install
    * Activate in xposed, then reboot
    * Configure swipe edge as you like
    * Swipe! (For example, if you set "Swipe Edge" to bottom, you can swipe from the bottom of an actvity to the top, and then it will be finished)
    * If you found any app not working with this module, you can add it to Blacklist, and contact me with it's name.

Tests Info:
    * AOSP 4.4.x (Kitkat) - Works Fine
    * MIUI v5 (JellyBean) - Works with little problems
    * Android 4.1-4.3 (JellyBean) - Almost Fine

Requirements:
    * Android version >= 4.1
    * Xposed Framework version >= 2.4.1(42+)

Credits:
    * Issacw0ng (for his original SwipeBackLayout library)

Changelog:
    * New: Per-app settings
    * Removed: First-run tutorial
    * NOTICE: AFTER UPGRADING TO THIS VERSION, YOUR SETTINGS BEFORE WILL BE LOST

* New: Hungarian Translations (thanks to szunyi777)
    * New: Option to disable Surface Recycling System (Only for advanced users, may fix some crashes)
    * Fixed: Settings dependencies
    * New: Swipe sensitivity adjustment

New: adjustable edge size
    New: switchable blacklist/whitelist
    Fixed: InCallUI could be swiped out
    Fixed: Surface recycling system on KitKat was not working
    Improvement: Blacklist/Whitelist is in alphabetical sort
    Improvement: code logic

PLEASE DO A WIPE FOR THE SWIPEBACK APP DATA IN SETTINGS (if it crashes) IF YOU UPGRADE TO THIS VERSION
    * Fixed: Rotation would not work when SwipeBack was enabled
    * New: Support multiple edges setting
    * Try to fix: some app's full-translucent background
    * New: First-run tutorial (Credit: ShowcaseView, and this is why the apk size increased so much)
    * New: About activity
    * Others: code cleanups & tidier package floders

* New: show system apps as well in blacklist page.
    * Fixed: dialogs would sometimes crash or show improperly

* Initial release

Download page(xposed repository):
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/us.shandian.mod.swipeback

Screenshots:
    1388482949634.jpg

I discovered an issue with your very neat xposed module. If swipe back is enabled I can't run business calendar pro. It always says, that the process has unfortunately stopped. When I disabled the module the business calendar app was opening again.

Yes, there's some apps not working with my module now, but not forever. I will try to fix.

Are there any new features you're working on? This module is amazing to be honest. Would to see it bug free :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes I am working on swipe sensitivity setting and fixing animation style.

OK, I found that Swipeback and wld is conflicting with each other. Wake lock detector will fc if Swipeback is installed. Blacklisting wld didn't help. Awesome module btw.
    I think the areas where the swipe functionality is activated are way to big. I have a Note 3 and sometimes when swiping I accidentally close the app :p The ability to set them ourselves would be nice.

Have implemented in source, will be available in next release.