[Q] Downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 using Mac OS.

Search This thread

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
you might want to reset your phone using a ruu before to make sure your issue is really related to an hardware defect.

This ruu.zip will reset your phone to stock 1.28.401.7 (android 4.1.2) and hboot 1.44.

Then if you see the phone still have the issue, remove the tampered flag and set the bootloader back to ''LOCKED'' using this tool. Then s-on and send for warranty repair/replacement. This procedure must be done before you take any ota that will update your phone to hboot 1.55 or the tampered flag will come back and you'll have to s-off again and redo the entire procedure.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Make sure the ruu.zip is in the same folder where adb and fastboot are.

Code:
./adb reboot bootloader
or manually reboot the phone in bootloader using power + vol down
Code:
./fastboot oem rebootRUU
make sure ''RUU'' are capital letters
Code:
./fastboot flash name_of_ruu.zip
First time it will output a failed message, do the same command again:
Code:

@alray ahhh good point I forgot the second time and with putting it in the adb/fastboot folder. But I've heard that you didn't need s-on to send it back as long as your just *LOCKED*. Eh may each individual phone differ from the other. Thanks for fixing my mistakes :good:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
@alrayBut I've heard that you didn't need s-on to send it back as long as your just *LOCKED*.

Yes in most places, they will not care about S-OFF but some members here reported that their local service center refused to honor the warranty because the phone was S-OFF. Personally, I wouldn't S-ON.

hzlx

Apr 18, 2014
Torreon
you might want to reset your phone using a ruu before to make sure your issue is really related to an hardware defect.

This ruu.zip will reset your phone to stock 1.28.401.7 (android 4.1.2) and hboot 1.44.

Then if you see the phone still have the issue, remove the tampered flag and set the bootloader back to ''LOCKED'' using this tool. Then s-on and send for warranty repair/replacement. This procedure must be done before you take any ota that will update your phone to hboot 1.55 or the tampered flag will come back and you'll have to s-off again and redo the entire procedure.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Code:
./adb reboot bootloader
Code:
./fastboot oem rebootRUU
Code:
Code:

So... i continued with the signal problems, with 4.3 ... so i came back to the forum to check these instructions... i've downloaded the ZIP file, and inserted the codes in terminal (just had to make these fixes:

Code:
./flashboot reboot-bootloader
or manually reboot the phone in bootloader using power + vol down (added a hyphen)
Code:
./fastboot oem rebootRUU
make sure ''RUU'' are capital letters (this one was ok)
Code:
./fastboot flash zip name_of_ruu.zip
added "zip" before the name of the file.
Code:

now i'm trying with version 4.1 to see if problems persist.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
So... i continued with the signal problems, with 4.3 ... so i came back to the forum to check these instructions... i've downloaded the ZIP file, and inserted the codes in terminal (just had to make these fixes:

Code:
./flashboot reboot-bootloader
or manually reboot the phone in bootloader using power + vol down (added a hyphen)
Code:
./fastboot oem rebootRUU
make sure ''RUU'' are capital letters (this one was ok)
Code:
Code:

now i'm trying with version 4.1 to see if problems persist.

yes you are correct i forgot the ''zip'' in ''fastboot flash zip name_of_file.zip''

./flashboot reboot-bootloader is incorrect. its fastboot not flashboot.

use either adb reboot bootloader without a hyphen when phone is in OS or recovery or fastboot reboot-bootloader when phone is in bootloader. And btw if the phone is already in bootloader mode, you don't have to reboot it using fastboot reboot-bootloader before going in ruu mode.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So... as i said before, im a Mac user, unfortunately i don't find much answers on how to do stuff with my HTC One and my Mac.
    Let's get to the point:
    I'd like to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 (the original HTC version, or a 4.4.2 stable custom version, whatever you think is better)
    PS. Do i reeeeaaly need to S-Off and/or downgrade my HBoot?

i have:

*** Unlocked ***
    M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
    HBOOT-1.56.000
    RADIO-4A-25-3263-21
    OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
    OS-4.19.401.11
    eMMC-boot 2048MB
    Feb 26 2014, 12:32:09.0

my CID is HTC__405 (Italy)

Please remember i am on Mac OS X, i (guess) i cant use RUUs.
    Im so Noob, so if you could give me steps in order or redirect me to other threads on how to do a step, i'd be sooo thankful. I'm sorry if there's already a thread solving my doubt please redirect me there (i swear i've been searching for 2 days).

Yes, s-off is required to downgrade. Ruu is possible with a mac if you use a ruu.zip instead of a ruu.exe. S-OFF is more difficult to achieve on hboot 1.56, so maybe you'll have to use a custom rom if you can't s-off.

If you already unlocked bootloader and rooted your phone, I assume you can use adb and fastboot from your mac. If not then read this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1917237

Then s-off the phone using rumrunner or firewater.

There is also a discussion here about S-OFF and hboot 1.56: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2567727

If you can s-off you'll be able to downgrade using a ruu.zip from your mac.
    True ^^ I agree with @donkeykong1 If you've had two SIMs and all that......its a hardware issue that is malfunctioning....
    True ^^ I agree with @donkeykong1 If you've had two SIMs and all that......its a hardware issue that is malfunctioning....

Ok... i'm just trying with this last ROM... if it doesn't work... what are the steps to go back to full stock (Locked, S-ON, remove TAMPERED, unrooted)? so i can send it back to warranty

Thanks @pball52998 & @donkeykong1
    Ok... i'm just trying with this last ROM... if it doesn't work... what are the steps to go back to full stock (Locked, S-ON, remove TAMPERED, unrooted)? so i can send it back to warranty

Thanks @pball52998 & @donkeykong1

You're s-off correct? Ive seen people not needing to go back s-on for warranty purposes. But pretty much if you want to go back to stock, its just ruu, it does it all for you. Takes you back Locked with factory recovery and full just straight stock.
    Ok, so i know where to find some RUUs but i know using a mac i have to use a .zip, right?
    my question is... how do i use a RUU.zip? do i install it placing it in the internal storage then use TWRP?

So far i haven't lost signal.
    2014-04-19%2001.33.36.png

Thanks again!

Okay, well a ruu can be placed on the internal memory.....but...... the way that I've always seen it done, or a lot of times is
    Code:
    ./adb reboot bootloader
    Code:
    ./fastboot oem rebootRUU
    Code:
    ./fastboot flash RUU.zip

the RUU.zip could be named anything :confused: so you might have to rename the RUU or change the RUU.zip in terminal to what ever the foop you named it, although I wouldn't do the RUU with those instructions just yet.... Can someone else confirm it??

Code:
    ./adb reboot bootloader
    Code:
    ./fastboot oem rebootRUU
    Code:
    Code: