Bezel Scratched Out of the Box

Search This thread

Koga

Jul 16, 2007
Hi guys,

The bezel on my charcoal black Galaxy S5 evidently was scratched during assembly. Has anybody else had this problem? I didn't even notice the problem for a few days because it only shows up when light hits it the right way, and it had been overcast for a couple of days after I bought it.

Now -- my local Sprint Store is telling me that, and I quote: "they've never seen a bezel scratched right out of the box" and insinuating that I am trying to take advantage of them. All I want is a phone that isn't damaged out of the box!

I had to go through a nightmare last time I visited my Sprint Store because of a dead pixel for an HTC device. So this time I called ahead to try to make sure I won't have any problems getting it exchanged... Right now they the sales rep said he has to talk to his manager before letting me know.

It's sad that Sprint employees seem to assume everything is the customer's fault until proven otherwise.

Anyway just felt a need to vent. BTW -- the scuff is on the top chrome -- adjacent to the volume button. Kind of looks like maybe the assembler tried using a tool to snap things together and didn't put a cloth on top first or something to protect it. Oh well!

Koga

Jul 16, 2007
Hi guys,

The bezel on my charcoal black Galaxy S5 evidently was scratched during assembly. Has anybody else had this problem? I didn't even notice the problem for a few days because it only shows up when light hits it the right way, and it had been overcast for a couple of days after I bought it.

Now -- my local Sprint Store is telling me that, and I quote: "they've never seen a bezel scratched right out of the box" and insinuating that I am trying to take advantage of them. All I want is a phone that isn't damaged out of the box!

I had to go through a nightmare last time I visited my Sprint Store because of a dead pixel for an HTC device. So this time I called ahead to try to make sure I won't have any problems getting it exchanged... Right now they the sales rep said he has to talk to his manager before letting me know.

It's sad that Sprint employees seem to assume everything is the customer's fault until proven otherwise.

Anyway just felt a need to vent. BTW -- the scuff is on the top chrome -- adjacent to the volume button. Kind of looks like maybe the assembler tried using a tool to snap things together and didn't put a cloth on top first or something to protect it. Oh well!

Edit: Just got a call back -- they say since I'm within 14 days it doesn't matter if they believe me or not -- they will still do the exchange. I guess I'll just have to be happy knowing in my heart that I'm being honest and didn't make the scratches.

Koga

Jul 16, 2007
Edit: Just got a call back -- they say since I'm within 14 days it doesn't matter if they believe me or not -- they will still do the exchange. I guess I'll just have to be happy knowing in my heart that I'm being honest and didn't make the scratches.

Just got my replacement phone. Bezel is scratched again -- on the left side, but lower down this time. Guess it's a "feature" -- I'll learn to live with it. Phone is too awesome otherwise.

BMP7777

Dec 15, 2010
Dacula, Ga
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
You gotta be kidding; two in a row? That's some LG s*** right there! I went through 3 G2Xs before the carrier finally let me have a better device. Always inspect that thing as soon as you get it. Me? I always look it over, root and ROM it the first day. That way if anything goes wrong, you can take it right back. Had to do it with a Rezound once too. Get a good case and you'll never notice it.....but you'll still know it's there.....:(

Koga

Jul 16, 2007
Any suggestions on a good case that covers the bezel without making it look like it's wearing armor an inch thick? Got an S View right now its OK but of course isn't meant to cover the bezel... and it won't stay closed either... ?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk