[Q] Note 2 KitKat ... when?

Search This thread

Vin_7

Nov 25, 2013
Mumbai
Last edited:
Reactions: davidayling
Exactly, Officially Note 2 is supposed to get KitKat update by April.
Months after the note 3 gets the update. :rolleyes:

Officially announce and actual release date might differ...

Actually most definitely will be later than April lol..... but Good to know note 2 is in the road map of update

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Vin_7

Nov 25, 2013
Mumbai
A Samsung insider says that a couple of former flagships will get updated to the latest version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat within the next couple of months. Namely, the Galaxy S3 and Note 2 should get the update by the end of March this year.
A Samsung software engineer with knowledge on the subject claims that both devices will be updated in late Q1 of this year, not long after the expected Galaxy S4 KitKat rollout. The update will include performance tweaks and updates, and a few new software features.
The transparent status bar, new print feature from settings, and immersive full-screen mode will be included.
The KitKat update for the S3 and Note 2 is expected to be outed in phases, which means that carrier branded variants will likely receive the update as much as a full month later.

Source : GSM Arena

davidayling

Oct 11, 2012
Cornwall
A Samsung insider says that a couple of former flagships will get updated to the latest version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat within the next couple of months. Namely, the Galaxy S3 and Note 2 should get the update by the end of March this year.
A Samsung software engineer with knowledge on the subject claims that both devices will be updated in late Q1 of this year, not long after the expected Galaxy S4 KitKat rollout. The update will include performance tweaks and updates, and a few new software features.
The transparent status bar, new print feature from settings, and immersive full-screen mode will be included.
The KitKat update for the S3 and Note 2 is expected to be outed in phases, which means that carrier branded variants will likely receive the update as much as a full month later.

Thanks for the info guys, Kudos to all

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
Now or March/April (later if Samsung decides to drag again.)

Smack that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniROM, running on my Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It was announced note 2 to get kitkat at April. But u know sammy.....

Hi everyone

Does anyone know when us Note 2 owners will get KitKat ?

Thanks in advance

Officially announce and actual release date might differ...

Actually most definitely will be later than April lol..... but Good to know note 2 is in the road map of update

Hi everyone

Does anyone know when us Note 2 owners will get KitKat ?

Thanks in advance

yes there will be an update as samsung generally gives 2 major updates for its flagship phones so note 2 got its first update that is 4.3 so there will be an update
    now the question when....
    hopefully in april (as told by sammobile.com)