[APP] Halo: Reach Stats -[R]- 04/23/2011 -[U]- 06/07/12 -[V]- 1.5.0.0

Search This thread

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
Name: Halo: Reach Stats

This App now has a Facebook Page and a Twitter account which will be used for features requests, feedback, support and announcements from now on.

Marketplace Description:

This app will allow you to see your statistics from "Halo: Reach" for Xbox 360 on the go on your Windows Phone. Additionally, you are able to browse your Halo: Reach File Share and view screenshots and rendered videos directly on the device.

The app provides a great variety of stats and features including:
- Playback of all rendered Videos
- K/D ratio
- Armor & Commendation Completion
- Total kills
- See your spartan player model & emblem
- Rank
- Commendations & Medals
- Access to File Share & Recent Screenshots
- Save Screenshots to your Phone
- Pin Gamertags to your start screen

Changelog/Current features (newest features first):

Version 1.5 (built 05/28/2012, released 06/07/2012):
- Requires Windows Phone 7.5
- Fast-App-Switching Support
- Option to pin gamertags to start
- Option to chose Tile Backgrounds
- Option to share Files on Social Networks
- Option to disable confirmations for saved images
- New Icon
- Minor UI changes
- Bug Fix: App might crash when Rendered Videos are empty
- Removal of option to select different connection methods for different connections
- Discontinuation notice after 31 March 2012

Version 1.4 (released 30 December 2011, new!):
- Playback option for all rendered videos (Windows Phone 7.5 only)
- History of previously used Gamertags
- Option to save Player Model Images to the Pictures Hub
- List of Rendered Videos
- UI enhancements for Medals
- Improvements for slow connections
- Optimization of general App performance
- Gamertag is always saved between sessions
- Option to report errors

Version 1.3 (released 6 August 2011):
- Limited video playback option
- Settings are accessible from Medals, File Details and Video Details
- Onyx Max Commendations show current numbers until 32,766
- Rank employs Armor Color
- Rank shows Credits required to rank up and current Credits
- Emblem moved to Rank
- Emblem size increased
- 4 thumbnail previews for rendered videos
- Correct format for numbers and dates depending on device settings/regional settings
- Performance optimization for Medals
- Optimization of data connection usage and load time

Version 1.2 (released 21 June 2011):
- Option to save screenshots
- Support for landscape orientation
- Option to choose screenshot resolutions
- Performance optimization for Commendations
- Use of progress bar
- Option to reload File Share, Recent Screenshots and Medals
- Screenshot settings are accessible from File Share, Recent Screenshots and Screenshot Details
- Optimization of data connection usage
- Improved support for 4:3 Screenshots in File Share and Recent Screenshots

Version 1.1 (released 2 May 2011):
- Option to save gamertag between sessions
- Onyx MAX Commendation images include flames

Version 1.0 (released 23 April 2011):
- Basic stats (K/D, total MP Kills, Medals & Games)
- Player model and emblem
- Rank, rank progress, nameplate and campaign progress
- Medals for all gametypes, medal image and description
- Challenges and progress
- Commendations and current tier
- Requirements for all tiers, progress
- Commendations are sorted by progress
- Access to File Share and Recent Screenshots
- Ability to rotate screenshots from either source
- Option to test gamertags

Feature requests are always welcome!

You can find more in the Zune Marketplace as well as the source link.

Video Demonstration (earlier version):
YouTube HD
Youtube

Medals:
YouTube HD
YouTube

7163045311_dea323aa08.jpg
7163044077_2738e3d828.jpg
7163045621_b59258d9e4.jpg
7348255754_0c9e39cb40.jpg
7348254242_b4bed6921d.jpg
7163044773_93bbaa029f.jpg
7163045057_ed751770b7.jpg
7348256040_0cf86cd0fb.jpg

All Screenshots on Flickr (Higher Resolution Screenshots available):

Flickr (Version 1.5)
Flickr (Version 1.4)
Flickr (Version 1.3)
Flickr (Version 1.2)
Flickr (Version 1.0)

Source: Bungie.net Halo: Reach Forum

Download Link: Windows Phone Marketplace

Last edited:
Reactions: banklive

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
I have now updated the first post with the current features and the upcoming features from version 1.2.0.0.

This version is already done and I only have to do some testing and I still have to remove some code that will not make the final cut for version 1.2.0.0 (concerning video playback on the phone) and might be available in a later version.

Anyway, I have tested this week and I am confident that I will be able to release this version to MS still this weekend and then it will probably be available early next week.

I would also always like to hear feedback on the current version and also feature requests for future versions.

Thank you.

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
I have again updated the first post with new screenshots of the upcoming version 1.2 which I have now made available to Microsoft for certification.

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
Version 1.2 has now been approved by Microsoft and is available on the Windows Phone Marketplace now. A link can be found at the bottom of the first post.

I am currently thinking about the next version and which features to include.

Currently, these features are under consideration:

- Playback of rendered clips (already working in my current beta build but not for all clips)

- More information about rank (cR needed to rank up, total cR, list of all ranks with cR requirements)

- Game history (list of recent games)

This is also the order in which I would like to make these features available.

Any thought on these features or other feature request would be appreciated.

Last edited:

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
I once again made some changes which I would like to share with you.

This version is not yet available on the marketplace and there are still many things I have to do.

However, I still wanted to share the attached screenshot of this built in progress.

As you can see I have moved the emblem to the rank page and I increased the emblem size and quality along with that.

This means that on the player page you can see your spartan without the emblem being in the way.

The Rank Page now also features the Primary Armor Color (in this case green).

Additional changes which you cannot see in this screenshots include:

- When a Commendation is at Onyx Max, the app will still show the current number instead of "> 20,000" (in the case of "Dome Inspector")

For Commendations I am also thinking about showing the amout of Credits a player gets (both for completing it once and for reaching a certain tier) and maybe the total amount of credits the player has received through this Commendation.

Again, feature requests and feedback would be welcome.

Peew971

Sep 7, 2008
London
I used to have this app and it was nice to have. I think the reason you don't get much feedback is simply Halo Waypoint that now gives you all your Halo Reach stats.
Maybe you could work on something for Call of Duty (or something else, just a suggestion).

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
Yeah I know that is why I try to add features and statistics that Waypoint does not offer, like Commendations or File Share/Recent Screenshots.

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
If anybody would like to beta test the upcoming version please send me a PM.

Here's the current list of new features:

- Onyx Max Commendations show current numbers
- Emblem moved to Rank
- Emblem size increased
- 4 thumbnail previes for rendered videos
- Correct format for numbers and dates depending on user settings

as well as some other minor stuff.

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
I have now submitted version 1.3 to Microsoft for testing and I will update the first post as soon as it is released.

After that I will look into Mango features and while users of Windows Phone 7.0 will still be able to download version 1.3, there will be only be new features for 7.1 users.

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
I have now updated the first post with information regarding the current release.

Like I said this will the final release for pre-Mango users.

I plan on including a Live Tile in Mango which will allow you to pin a gamertag to the start screen. It would show your player model and some stats (probably your overall Matchmaking K/D) on the new back site of the Mango Live Tile.

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
I have changed my mind a little on how to continue with development.

The next release will be available to all Windows Phone Users and will not feature Mango specific features.

Creating and updating a live tile in the background is not that easy so I will have to do some testing on that as soon as I am able to run Mango on my phone.

The emulator is not so useful because I can't really test how the live tile works or does not work in the long term and I cannot try out different connections (Wifi vs 3G).

Therefore there will be an update before for Mango Users that features simple thinks like fast app switiching.

This is the current plan for the future:

-1.4: Integration of Halo: Reach Challenge Initiative
-1.5: Mango Update (fast app switiching)
-1.6: Live Tile

As you can see from version 1.5 onward new features will only be available to Mango Users.

New feature requests are of course always welcome and if you would like to be a beta tester contact me via private message.

Last edited:

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
I have again changed my plans.

I want to get out an update for Windows Phone 7.5 as soon as possible. One reason is that with Windows Phone 7.5 this app will be able to play all rendered videos in 360p (and 720p if you have rendered the video in HD).

However, the HRCI API is not yet complete. Therefore I will probably disable HRCI and remove HRCI integration from the next release (version 1.4)

This is now the new schedule:

1.4:
- Mango-only update (support for Mango features such as fast-app switching)
- playback option for all rendered videos

1.5 (still Mango only because the rollout seems to be pretty smooth):
- HRCI Integration

The live tile requires a lot of testing and might either come in 1.5 but if the HRCI API is complete shortly after the release of 1.4, the live tile will come in a later update in 1.6

Anyway, for the new features (including the live tile) I would welcome beta testers, especially if you are running Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango).

If you would like to participate, you can either let me know through this forum or sign up on this website:

Windows Phone Beta

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
OK 1.4 is now almost complete.

I have released a beta that features HRCI Integration on WindowsPhoneBeta.com. There are still open slots so if you are intersted please join.

This is still a 7.0 app so there is no fast app switching, but if you have 7.5 you can look forward to support for all rendered videos.

I will probably release this within a week and then, again about a week later I will update it to Mango.

However, HRCI will be removed from the final release because it is not yet done. HRCI will be added later when the guy who runs the site says it is ok.

Thus, this is the (final!) plan:

1.4 (7.0, ~week of Novemeber 7th):
- Video playback for 7.5 users
- other minor improvements

1.5 (7.5, ~week of November 14th):
- Mango specific features

Later:
- HRCI
- Live Tile

Last edited:

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
After many delays I am finally able to release version 1.4 on the Windows Phone Marketplace.

This version has a slightly different icon because I was not allowed to continue using the Halo Logo in the app.

I have also updated the first post to reflect the current version.

The most important new feature is the option to play all rendered videos on Windows Phone 7.5 ("Mango").

You will be able to play videos in 360p SD an/or 720p HD, depending on the resolution you selected while rendering the video. Although 720p HD streaming does work, it requires a fast connection and even then it will stutter.

Therefore I recommend to always play videos in 360p.

Among some UI changes I have also added an option to save an image of the player model (spartan) to the pictures hub and I have made several efforts to speed up the app.

One of those efforts it the new setting "Connection". Until now, the app always used "Fast" and I suggest that you keep on using this setting.

The setting "Slow" will transmit less data, but the phone will need to parse this data. This will help if your connection is very slow (slower than 3G) and the download itself takes very long.

There is also a History which stores that last 50 gamertags you used. The most recently used gamertags will always be on top. Because of that history, you will not have to save the gamertag anymore. Instead, the gamertag will be saved automatically as soon as you navigate away from the settings page.

Please note that gamertags will only be added to the history when you download stats for them from either the main page ("reload") or the settings page ("Test Gamertag").

As always, feature requests are welcome, but since the time I have for this app is very limited, I cannot guarantee anything.

EDIT: Also it might take some time for the update to roll out to all users. If you download (or already have) version 1.3 you should see that an update is available on the Marketplace Live Tile within the next 24 hours.

Last edited:

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
If you want to beta test the upcoming Mango version, you can register your interest on Windows Phone Beta

This version has mostly only adjustments to make it work better on Windows Phone 7.5.

Most notably, 1.5 features Fast-App-Switching Support.

Furthermore, you can now pin gamertags to the start screen. These Tiles are not yet Live Tiles (meaning they won't update in the background), but if I get enough data from testers I might be able to implement Live Tiles in a future version.

However, most likely Live Tiles will only work for users with fast data connections (like 3G+, "4G" on the Radar or LTE in the future). I will allow users on all devices to enable Live Tiles, but for users with slower connections they will most likely not work as expected.

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
Hello,

as some of you might now, after March 31st, Bungie will no longer have access to new stats from Halo: Reach. New stats will only be available on Halo Waypoint (by 343 Industries) and some features will not be continued.

Unfortunatly, one of those scrapped features is the API I use to get all the data for the app.

That means that after March 31st, 2012, the data the app can access will not be updated anymore.

While the API will remain functional for some time and you will be able to continue to use the app, it will be way less useful without recent stats.

Furthermore, my time is limited and I worked on this as a hobby and to improve my programming skills.

I have contiuend development of this app a little bit and I still have a couple of unreleased but more or less working features:

- Mango support
- Pinning a gamertag to the start screen

I will probably release this along with some information about the API shutdown before March 31st as a final update.

While there are of course ways to adapt the app to those changes and to access the data on Halo Waypoint, it would take too much time for me and as such I have no other choice but to discontinue this app.

TL;DR summary:

On March 31st, everything the app can download will become static (no new data).
It will continue to work for some time after March 31st, but without live or recent data.
I will release one final update with a couple of new features but mostly to inform users about this.

I would also like to thank all Beta testers and the 4,000+ users of my app.

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
Version 1.5 has now been released and will be available to download within a couple of hours.

This update does not fix the issue where the stats do not update anymore. The last update of the stats was March 31st 2012 and there is nothing I can do to change that (read the previous post).

However, this update does bring some new features:
- option to pin gamertags to the homescreen for quick access
- option to share files on your social networks.

And finally there is also a notice to inform users that this app does not update anymore that it will stop working completely at some point.

Challenges do not seem to be affected (so these are still the current challenges), but the player's progress is not available anymore.

Anyway, thanks to more than 4000 users and over 100 reviews.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Name: Halo: Reach Stats

This App now has a Facebook Page and a Twitter account which will be used for features requests, feedback, support and announcements from now on.

Marketplace Description:

This app will allow you to see your statistics from "Halo: Reach" for Xbox 360 on the go on your Windows Phone. Additionally, you are able to browse your Halo: Reach File Share and view screenshots and rendered videos directly on the device.

The app provides a great variety of stats and features including:
    - Playback of all rendered Videos
    - K/D ratio
    - Armor & Commendation Completion
    - Total kills
    - See your spartan player model & emblem
    - Rank
    - Commendations & Medals
    - Access to File Share & Recent Screenshots
    - Save Screenshots to your Phone
    - Pin Gamertags to your start screen

Changelog/Current features (newest features first):

Version 1.5 (built 05/28/2012, released 06/07/2012):
    - Requires Windows Phone 7.5
    - Option to pin gamertags to start
    - Option to chose Tile Backgrounds
    - Option to share Files on Social Networks
    - Option to disable confirmations for saved images
    - New Icon
    - Minor UI changes
    - Bug Fix: App might crash when Rendered Videos are empty
    - Removal of option to select different connection methods for different connections
    - Discontinuation notice after 31 March 2012

Version 1.4 (released 30 December 2011, new!):
    - Playback option for all rendered videos (Windows Phone 7.5 only)
    - History of previously used Gamertags
    - Option to save Player Model Images to the Pictures Hub
    - List of Rendered Videos
    - UI enhancements for Medals
    - Improvements for slow connections
    - Optimization of general App performance
    - Gamertag is always saved between sessions
    - Option to report errors

Version 1.3 (released 6 August 2011):
    - Onyx Max Commendations show current numbers until 32,766
    - Emblem moved to Rank
    - Emblem size increased
    - 4 thumbnail previews for rendered videos
    - Correct format for numbers and dates depending on device settings/regional settings
    - Performance optimization for Medals
    - Optimization of data connection usage and load time

Version 1.2 (released 21 June 2011):
    - Option to save screenshots
    - Support for landscape orientation
    - Option to choose screenshot resolutions
    - Performance optimization for Commendations
    - Use of progress bar
    - Option to reload File Share, Recent Screenshots and Medals
    - Screenshot settings are accessible from File Share, Recent Screenshots and Screenshot Details
    - Optimization of data connection usage
    - Improved support for 4:3 Screenshots in File Share and Recent Screenshots

Version 1.1 (released 2 May 2011):
    - Option to save gamertag between sessions
    - Onyx MAX Commendation images include flames

Version 1.0 (released 23 April 2011):
    - Basic stats (K/D, total MP Kills, Medals & Games)
    - Player model and emblem
    - Rank, rank progress, nameplate and campaign progress
    - Medals for all gametypes, medal image and description
    - Challenges and progress
    - Commendations and current tier
    - Requirements for all tiers, progress
    - Commendations are sorted by progress
    - Access to File Share and Recent Screenshots
    - Ability to rotate screenshots from either source
    - Option to test gamertags

Feature requests are always welcome!

You can find more in the Zune Marketplace as well as the source link.

Video Demonstration (earlier version):
    YouTube HD
    Youtube

Medals:
    YouTube HD
    YouTube

7163045311_dea323aa08.jpg
    7163044077_2738e3d828.jpg
    7163045621_b59258d9e4.jpg
    7348255754_0c9e39cb40.jpg
    7348254242_b4bed6921d.jpg
    7163044773_93bbaa029f.jpg