[MOD] Beats DNA

Search This thread

amit_sen

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2011
New Delhi
Working perfectly with viper on poweramp player.
Thnx a lot for the mod.

Sent from my venomized DNA using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: eriknors

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Sherrills Ford, NC
I use power amp myself daily. U should have an option on the volume screen on poweramp that says HTC FX. Click on that and it should take u to the beats screen.

All else fails u can go into settings and click on beats there.

sent from my ViperDNA

Yeah I went into the htc player and saw the option for sound enhancement. Ill check out power amp. Using rocket right now

ViperDNA

Djmk4

Dec 7, 2011
Thessaloniki
If I install this mod how can I revert back to stock if I don't want it???is there any stock option??by saying stock option that if it's available for example to choose between urbeats,ibeats,solo,stock...something like that!!!also all of you guys that you are using this mod...does this bring more bass and better quality...I think I had this mod...in the past..can't remember if I had it on my one x or sensation xe...I remember the choices between beats....

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Reactions: yahelboy4

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
If I install this mod how can I revert back to stock if I don't want it???is there any stock option??by saying stock option that if it's available for example to choose between urbeats,ibeats,solo,stock...something like that!!!also all of you guys that you are using this mod...does this bring more bass and better quality...I think I had this mod...in the past..can't remember if I had it on my one x or sensation xe...I remember the choices between beats....

Yes, u have to click on the upper part. Ill post a screenie. Then u will have all your beats options.

RATTLED FROM MY ONE XL USING ICS TAPATALK 2

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

OK so they won't overlap but they will work together. Correct?

Yup

eriknors

Nov 8, 2011

Make a nand before u flash it. If u dont like it u can just go back.

sent from my ViperDNA

Reactions: zounduser

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Aye DJMK4, here's a screenshot of the beats options.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360644387084.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360644387084.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 367

jjenkins2005

Nov 13, 2010
Greenville
Works like a charm. The only thing I noticed is that when you unplug the headphones it turns off beats and you have to go back and turn it on in the settings menu. Minor annoyance but the pros far outweigh that minor con.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
This looks nice only if I haven't flashed dspv2. Does this inference w/it?;)

sent from my beastly powered viper DNA using Tapatalk 2

eriknors

Nov 8, 2011
This looks nice only if I haven't flashed dspv2. Does this inference w/it?;)

sent from my beastly powered viper DNA using Tapatalk 2

In my findings some work well some dont its kinda hit or miss

Should it work on Virtuous DNA? It is based on Jbutterfly RUU, but I am on US Droid DNA. It is a bit confusing for me in way of choosing MODs.

Droid DNA

Only one way to find out. Worst case scenario u will have to install the apps manually

sent from my ViperDNA

Melodycd

Jul 13, 2012
In my findings some work well some dont its kinda hit or miss

Only one way to find out. Worst case scenario u will have to install the apps manually

sent from my ViperDNA

So Beats Mod is actually an app? Not scripts? If it is just changing app in system folder, so I can make a backup of beats.apk beforehand. I will try it later. But I am not sure if my CWM backups working. Don't want to wipe data if I get some errors.

Droid DNA

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
So Beats Mod is actually an app? Not scripts? If it is just changing app in system folder, so I can make a backup of beats.apk beforehand. I will try it later. But I am not sure if my CWM backups working. Don't want to wipe data if I get some errors.

Droid DNA

Its 3 apps, and like 6 scripts.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

eriknors

Nov 8, 2011
Not sure bro. Just nand, and try it. If it doesnt work, u got ur nand. :)

Hey zound I may have found a fix for htc music not working with this correctly. I'll check it out and let u know if u wanna test it out for me.

sent from my ViperDNA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *introducing beats mod for the dna*

*fully functional choices

*choose from 17 different preset options plus a custom option

*dolby digital/wow srs/beats

*works with just about any music player **except htc music**

**screenshots below**

**credits**

*lyapota- for his musicmod on the one x (without that none of this would be possible)
    *zounduser- helping me test the mod and getting it all set up
    *turge- for making the flashable zip file
    *and anyone else that i may have forgotten

**instructions**

pretty basic:
    *be on ViperDNA ROM (only tested on this rom)
    *reboot into recovery
    *make a back-up( just in case. no need really )
    *flash and reboot

**htc music app included does not work with mod**

**must download any other music player for beats to work properly**

*disclaimer*im not responsible if ur phone blows up catches on fire or stops working.

**download**

**UPDATE** 2/11

*NOW IT SHOULD WORK FOR ANY ROM WITH INIT.D SUPPORT- credit to lyapota

*added init.d support

https://www.dropbox.com/s/et48q7ezqzymvjh/BeatsDNA.zip
    updated op

*added init.d support
    *should work with all roms with init.d
    Sick!!! :p good job op. I live for my music! This will help for sure. :)

Just to clarify, the beats option does work with the stock htc player, but "beats" is the only option available at this time. Any other player, and the full musicbox will work.

I will be hitting up some friends, and see about the stock music player. But for now, i recommend google player, or noozy.

I have discovered something that I hope will prove useful. I have been having the issue many of you share with the Beats icon not popping up.

Well, here lately, the icon has been working constantly, though with a little bit of delay, even if I do not have my headphones plugged in. I cannot make any changes to the sound options, but the icon is there.

The only thing that I have done differently is install the app SoundAbout

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix&hl=en

Perhaps that will give some clues about it. Also, I have a pair of Beats Tour headphones, perhaps in the next upgrade that can be listed as one of the options. Once we have the ability to use ControlTalk in Venom I'll consider this app to be as close to perfect for me as it gets.

If I can offer anything up in the way of logs or configuration, I'd be glad to help.

Just noticed something else, I'm not sure what, I'll just share the steps to reproduce it...

1. Open the music app, play a song
    2. Exit to the home screen while the song is playing
    3. Turn to my screen that displays my 4x4 weather widget (which refreshes when I do so)
    4. Beats icon pops up
    5. Stop the song
    6. Return back to the weather widget, and the Beats icon goes away

I can replicate the effect pretty regularly. In fact, even if the song is stopped, and I go back and forth from the weather widget, the icon will pop up and go away about 3 or 4 times before it stops.

Thanks for your reply bro. I've got Wednesday and Thursday off. I think with my brain, urs, and Eric/op, we should b able to narrow down our problems. I'm really wanting to get the stock music player working "fully" with this.

I've gotten to the point where I can get the options to pop up but choosing them does nothing. Most of the beats files in framework.jar have changed dramatically in 1.2.0 which doesn't make sense y but I'm gonna try swapping some of the smali files tonight that deal specifically with beats see where that gets me.

I know there hasn't been much activity on here but I am working on this. I've got a couple other people helping out too.

sent from my ViperDNA