[MOD][VZW Edition] Add Wifi toggle to your status bar + more custom status bars LJB

Search This thread

jerzydiver

Apr 19, 2007
I must be doing something wrong no matter which file I use nd name systen ui.pk it never loads. Nowbi hve no notifications all. Anybodybhave ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

kamileon

May 10, 2010
Phoenix
I must be doing something wrong no matter which file I use nd name systen ui.pk it never loads. Nowbi hve no notifications all. Anybodybhave ideas?

Are you using a deodexed rom...if so thats your problem, this is odex only. If you were smart you made a backup of the original .apk before you changed it and you can just put it back.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

g33ked

Mar 1, 2011
Ok, got everything to work my first try. But the problem i have now is my time on the status bar stop working . I would have to lock screen for it to update, is their a mod I can do to fix it?

Last edited:

C1audia

Oct 17, 2012
Phx
Just wanted to say thank you!
It took me a while to figure out what to do, I'm sort of a Noob.
But now my husband and I have an easy WIFI toggle and a Black status bar.

C1audia

Oct 17, 2012
Phx
Having an issue with wifi since this Mod. My Note is functioning fine, can't even say I'm bothered by the wifi nag, as others have said.
My husband's Note, however, since doing this Mod, is constantly turning on Wifi on its own. He turned it off at the toggle, and by opening the wifi options, and both only stay on temporarily. After a couple minutes wifi turns back on.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Carnyewest592

Jan 24, 2013
I must be missing something. My phone is rooted and I have use Adam's method of unlocking the phone and getting bootloader. I used Droid explorer to look at the files bc my PC does not show the system folder when I connect by usb. So when I use droid explorer and drag the new file and drop it over the old one it runs a process then i Reboot my phone and nothing happens. How are you guys accessing the system folder? I'm a total noob when it comes to the galaxy note 2. I had a droid x from the day it released until a few days ago. I never had any trouble doing anything to my droid x but apparently the note 2 is way different because every process has been kinda difficult but definitely worth it and I'm learning at the same time. What exactly do I need to do to get this installed on my phone? I have the files downloaded on my pc and ready to install them. Just not sure how you all are accessing the systems folder. I'm not using any rom. I'm just on stock ota rooted galaxy note 2 with adam's TWRP installed. Is this my problem? Do I have to be on a rom like CM10 or something similar for this to even work? Any information is appreciated guys. Thanks.

damastah

Jun 29, 2009
Desert Hot Springs
I must be missing something. My phone is rooted and I have use Adam's method of unlocking the phone and getting bootloader. I used Droid explorer to look at the files bc my PC does not show the system folder when I connect by usb. So when I use droid explorer and drag the new file and drop it over the old one it runs a process then i Reboot my phone and nothing happens. How are you guys accessing the system folder? I'm a total noob when it comes to the galaxy note 2. I had a droid x from the day it released until a few days ago. I never had any trouble doing anything to my droid x but apparently the note 2 is way different because every process has been kinda difficult but definitely worth it and I'm learning at the same time. What exactly do I need to do to get this installed on my phone? I have the files downloaded on my pc and ready to install them. Just not sure how you all are accessing the systems folder. I'm not using any rom. I'm just on stock ota rooted galaxy note 2 with adam's TWRP installed. Is this my problem? Do I have to be on a rom like CM10 or something similar for this to even work? Any information is appreciated guys. Thanks.

I use ES Explorer. Make sure you go into settings and enable the first three root options. uploadfromtaptalk1359898152300.jpg
Then make sure you set the permissions to rw-r-r then reboot. The permissions will look like an upside down L when you apply themuploadfromtaptalk1359898025429.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

swjpilot

Last edited:

C1audia

Oct 17, 2012
Phx
has this been updated for VRALL4? Just wondering, because none of the ones in this thread work since the update :(

I had to try it a few times before it stuck, after the update.
On last built it worked on my first try.
And today I added the Transparent Tab Mod. Works Great!
I'm stock-LL4 Rooted.

Enviado de mi VZW Note 2 usando Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another easy mod for you guys.

This is only for Verizon Stock with root injected

Build: JRO03C.I605VRALJB

Steps:
    1) Please mount your system as read/write, extract the files in the attached zip file, and copy:

SystemUI.apk to /system/app

Make sure you are actually replacing the old file and not renaming it

2) Then reboot.

I included the original SystemUI.apk in the zip as a backup just in case.

Screenshot_2012-12-04-22-57-26.png

Other Customized Versions:

• Wi-Fi toggle, removed eGPS icon, and removed alarm icon
      From sleevasteve - here is a dropbox link. Includes Wi-Fi toggle, removed eGPS icon, and removed alarm icon(will be a blank spot visible if you have silent/vibrate on, as well as an alarm enabled).
      http://db.tt/V2x3A6SN

• Wi-Fi toggle, black status bar
      see attachment
      black_bar.png

• Wi-Fi toggle, black status bar, stripped version
      From sleevasteve - Here is a stripped version of the SystemUI.apk. Includes: Wi-Fi toggle, black status bar. Removed Icons: eGPS, Alarm, Battery, Bluetooth, Silent and Vibrate. I removed the battery icon, but you can enable battery % under display. And removing the Bluetooth, silent and vibrate indicators not only cleaned it up, but now you don't see a gap where the alarm icon was, when going into those modes. Tried to get rid of the ime indicator/switcher, but there must be another one hiding in there somewhere.

http://db.tt/4h4dDk5V
      ***Be sure to REMOVE the word "Stripped" from the file name, before pushing to system/app! The file name should just read: SystemUI.apk (sorry for the inconvenience, had to differentiate them on my phone, and on dropbox)

• Black Status Bar, Wifi Toggle and eGPS(removed)
      from *madmoose* - Black Status Bar, Wifi Toggle and eGPS(removed)
      http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35076382&postcount=34
    Here's my file. It will give you Black Status Bar, Wifi Toggle and eGPS(removed)

Can't really help you with the battery.
    Here is a stripped version of the SystemUI.apk. Includes: Wi-Fi toggle, black status bar. Removed Icons: eGPS, Alarm, Battery, Bluetooth, Silent and Vibrate. I removed the battery icon, but you can enable battery % under display. And removing the Bluetooth, silent and vibrate indicators not only cleaned it up, but now you don't see a gap where the alarm icon was, when going into those modes. Tried to get rid of the ime indicator/switcher, but there must be another one hiding in there somewhere.

http://db.tt/4h4dDk5V
    ***Be sure to REMOVE the word "Stripped" from the file name, before pushing to system/app! The file name should just read: SystemUI.apk (sorry for the inconvenience, had to differentiate them on my phone, and on dropbox)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
    I decompile and compile a SystemUI from beanstown106 stock Deodexed and added Wifi toggle and black status bar with no eGPS icon
    if Anybody want to try it let me know.