[Q] OTA 4.4.2 update failed, Samsung Experience no help, Please help me

Search This thread

4theluvof2

Dec 3, 2012
I did the verizon pushed update to 4.4.2 today on my SCH I535 S3 which was totally stock with encryption. After the install finished "upgrading apps" it then did a re-boot and asked for my encrypt pin then showed the outline Andy. Then after a couple of vibrations it re-boot again and will continue this cycle until battery is removed. After sitting on the phone for several hours and conversing with Samsung and Verizon they pointed me to Samsung Experience in a Best Buy and if that doesn't work I have to send it to Samsung for re-flash. They said they couldn't get their software to recognize my phone. The guy there recommended using odin to download a stock rom.

I have downloaded odin 3.07 and have downloaded a 4.3 stock rom. I set up odin with auto reboot and F. reset time checked and nothing else. I select the .tar.md5 in the bootloader and here is my odin output:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I535VRUCNC1_I535VZWCNC1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

My phone says:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SCH-I535
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
QUALCOMM SECURE BOOT: ENABLE
BOOTLOADER AP SWREV: 2
SW REV CHECK FAIL : Found 2 > Binary 1

Please tell me how to recover my phone. I am new to this so give me detail please.

4theluvof2

Dec 3, 2012
Thanks so much! I tried the 4.4.2 tar file and... it worked. I thought that since the 4.4.2 update is what failed I'd have to go back to the 4.3 but that was clearly flawed thinking on my part. I can't believe that it worked and best of all everything is still there! I still have all my apps and data, as if nothing at all happened.

Thanks so much for your suggestion!

theviper90210

Aug 4, 2010
Thanks so much! I tried the 4.4.2 tar file and... it worked. I thought that since the 4.4.2 update is what failed I'd have to go back to the 4.3 but that was clearly flawed thinking on my part. I can't believe that it worked and best of all everything is still there! I still have all my apps and data, as if nothing at all happened.

No problem!! Glad it worked, hit that thanks button if you don't mind!

Reactions: 4theluvof2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I believe since u pushed the 4.4.2 ne1 update u need to Odin the 4.4.2 ne1 tar file, not the 4.3 file

No problem!! Glad it worked, hit that thanks button if you don't mind!