[Q] HD+ WiFi stops scanning on CM10 and CM11

Search This thread

ominousnimbus

Dec 23, 2012
I've got an incredibly irritating WiFi issue that seems to be different from other complaints I've seen in this subforum. It's not that WiFi doesn't work, or that it disconnects randomly from my home router. It always turns on, and once I establish a connection it maintains it ad infinitum.

However, some amount of time after the WiFi is turned on and connected to a network, it becomes incapable of scanning for or connecting to other networks without reboot. I plan on using my tablet a lot during travel, so this is a major problem for me. Even if I've saved a network I regularly use, when this bug occurs, I cannot switch from my current network to that saved/known network. Specific example: say I'm connected to my home router, then I go get in the car and turn on my phone's hotspot. The HD+ will refuse to recognize the phone hotspot is even available, giving only the options to "Forget" or "Cancel" when I click it on the network list. All the while, WiFi is still on and working properly with the home connection.

Is this a known issue with the HD+, or is it possible/likely that I have a faulty sample? Has anyone found a workaround?

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Your title says CM10 and CM11. Do you mean CM10 or CM10.2? I run CM10.1.3 stable and do not experience that issue.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

ominousnimbus

Dec 23, 2012
Your title says CM10 and CM11. Do you mean CM10 or CM10.2? I run CM10.1.3 stable and do not experience that issue.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Sorry, I meant to specify that but wasn't able to edit the OP after submitting. I've tried various nightlies of both CM10.2 and CM11. Have not tried CM10.1 since I just received the tablet last month.

reflecx

Jun 1, 2007
Think Wifi scanning is a known problem with CM 10.2 on HD+. Just turn your wifi off then on to work around the problem.

ominousnimbus

Dec 23, 2012
Think Wifi scanning is a known problem with CM 10.2 on HD+. Just turn your wifi off then on to work around the problem.
For me, when the issue occurs, turning WiFi off and on does not help. The only solution is to reboot.

However, I scoured the Internet some more yesterday and found someone on another device who claimed disabling Google's auto-scanning for networks even while WiFi is turned off (apparently introduced in 4.3) solves this problem. I disabled that feature and so far have yet to have a problem scanning. I'll update the thread after a few more days with whether this solved the issue permanently.

dmullens

Dec 23, 2011
For me, when the issue occurs, turning WiFi off and on does not help. The only solution is to reboot.

However, I scoured the Internet some more yesterday and found someone on another device who claimed disabling Google's auto-scanning for networks even while WiFi is turned off (apparently introduced in 4.3) solves this problem. I disabled that feature and so far have yet to have a problem scanning. I'll update the thread after a few more days with whether this solved the issue permanently.

I had the issue on CM 10.2, but not at all on CM11. CM 11 has worked fine for me.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk

skyzx

Jun 20, 2013
I'm running unofficial cm10.2 and experiencing the same problem. I did not have the problem with cm11, but cm11's network performance was sporadic and generally sub-par.
My thanks to verygreen for his work on both cm10.2 and cm11.
I like the 1.5 MHz over clocking.

skyzx

Sent from my BN Nook HD using xda app-developers app

skyzx

Jun 20, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion.
I doubt I'd have found that on my own. I tried the suggest fix, and thought it had worked, but just before checking the HD/HD+ forums this evening I took a look at wifi-manager, and then the Wi-Fi portion of settings and there were no other networks visible. It did seem as though it took longer for the problem to show up this time.

Thanks again.
Skyzx

Sent from my BN Nook HD using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts