[Q] G3 vs S5

Search This thread

Baek.insu00

Sep 4, 2014
Hey guys... Im changing my phone into either a samsung galaxy s5 or a LG G3 this weekend but i am in a dilemma to choose between the 2 great phones. First off all i am someone who constantly gets my phone "wet" ( you know what i mean) and thats why ive been considering the s5 BUT i found out that the G3 had way better camera and display factors. However, the G3 did not produce a water resistant feature, i need some help to choose between the 2. Thanks!!

shadehh

Mar 27, 2011
There is a youtube post where the g3 is put under water for quite some time without getting damaged. Just google it it seems legit. I would not recommend anyone doing it themselves but my guess is it would survive a splash. I was in the same situation as you 2 weeks ago. I must say im happy i didnt take the s5. This phone feels like the right choice but it is your call

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
There is a youtube post where the g3 is put under water for quite some time without getting damaged. Just google it it seems legit. I would not recommend anyone doing it themselves but my guess is it would survive a splash. I was in the same situation as you 2 weeks ago. I must say im happy i didnt take the s5. This phone feels like the right choice but it is your call

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

LG G3 Water Test - Is it Water Resistant?: http://youtu.be/qQlEi-W7GCE

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

HeadbangerBR

Jul 20, 2012
Valhalla
S5 old Samsung problem... cheap components (whatever components these are). 3 to 6 months it gets slow, the battery grows almost to the point to explode. IDK the situation for everyone, but the quality of Samsung in Brazil is absolutely **** and people still buy.

sonspot

Nov 1, 2010
Hey guys... Im changing my phone into either a samsung galaxy s5 or a LG G3 this weekend but i am in a dilemma to choose between the 2 great phones. First off all i am someone who constantly gets my phone "wet" ( you know what i mean) and thats why ive been considering the s5 BUT i found out that the G3 had way better camera and display factors. However, the G3 did not produce a water resistant feature, i need some help to choose between the 2. Thanks!!
No I don't know, I've never gotten my phone wet lol... Wait one of is being sarcastic......

Baek.insu00

Sep 4, 2014
Thanks

Thanks you guys... That really helped in making my decision. Looking foward to my G3 this weekend!! :)

Calvaria

Jul 29, 2011
Good decision!

Ordered mine yesterday, took me some days to decide between the actual flagships.

- Sony Xperia Z2: nothing outstanding

- Samsung S5: I don´t like the design, i don´t like Samsung and i don´t want to have the same phone most others have. And all Samsung phones i had in my hands are suffering by the same: out in the sun it is realy hard to see anything on the display.

These two where out fast!

- HTC ONE M8: I´m on a HTC ONE X+ at the moment and i´m very happy with it. The M8 has a great design and the best speakers out there, plenty of custum roms out there to play around and no problems with a locked bootloader. But a 4MP-Camera is at the lower limit and what bothered me most was the waste of space. The M8 is only 4mm smaller and is a litlle thicker than the G3 and only has a 5'' Display!

AND THE WINNER IS: LG G3!!!

I had a LG OPTIMUS Black those days and it is still working fine.
For the G3 the only negative i found is this damned locked bootloader!

PLZ LG have mercy with us! We need the fun to play around with a mass of custom roms! Let the great developers out there unleash their potential!

XPOSED & TWEAKBOX i´m comming !

THX to all developers out there working already on it to get the best out of ours G3s.

KaliKot

Sep 15, 2010
Well I own a G3 but I gotta say the S5 has better battery life (and that very useful Ultra Power Saving mode), Camera is arguably better or equal, and I really like the Super AMOLED screen on it which won awards for best in industry.

The Waterproof feature is a great bonus.

I prefer the G3's build, design and UI though and its neat software features