Looks like dead nexus :(

Search This thread

vphotographic

Oct 26, 2011
Hi

I installed via cmw smoothrom 4.4 and I can't get past the animation boot.

I reboot and the same, I boot into fast boot with power and volume down and can't get into recovery. Even when I connect USB with fast boot the tab freezes.

If I let the nexus boot to animation and plug it in via USB I can access the nexus but there is no folders/files.

I have tried wugfresh/jrom with no luck so I think my days with the nexus are over.

What a shame :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

RMarkwald

Aug 4, 2010
Middleton
So when you're in the bootloader the tablet freezes?

What OS are you using? I've heard of issues with Win8. You should be able to fastboot flash the bootloader .img file and the zip file from the stock Google N7 images for 4.2.2, have you tried that yet?

vphotographic

Oct 26, 2011
It freezes as soon as I plug a USB in whether it be a charger or laptop with win xp.

So that root maybe a problem

Paul

RMarkwald

Aug 4, 2010
Middleton
When in the bootloader, you don't have to do anything though, so I guess I'm confused here...

If you boot the tablet into the bootloader (Power + Vol Down), then plug in USB, open command prompt and change directories to where fastboot is (which is in the Android SDK - platform-tools directory) and type: fastboot devices

What happens?

vphotographic

Oct 26, 2011
That's too technical for me I'm afraid.

Nexus 7 paper weight I guess.

RMarkwald

Aug 4, 2010
Middleton
For what it's worth:

If you can get to the bootloader there's hope for it, however it will require research, installation of Android SDK Tools, Asus N7 USB drivers, and downloading the N7 factory Google images. There's plenty of how to guides on each of these topics, which in the end is not that hard to get going.

I suggest do a little research, and see what you can do.

vphotographic

Oct 26, 2011
Very funny guys.

A simple fix guide would be better haha

Paul

deeproot

Jan 27, 2009
New Orleans, LA
It can seem overwhelming but its easy if you take it step by step.

You need to get fastboot installed on your computer including getting the drivers for your nexus installed.

When this is done you just issue a few commands and you will be back in business.

this gentleman has a guide that will get you most of the way done. You dont need to root but pay attention to the fastboot flashing.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1741395

daryllh

Oct 2, 2008
I'll also suggest YouTube as a source of knowledge. I can't tell you how many hours I've spent watching videos and reading stickied posts about rooting without a kit. I'm ordering my nexus 7 today and will still probably watch the same videos and reread the threads.

filipathtc

Jun 30, 2011
AW: Looks like dead nexus :(

If your bootloader is still there everything is alright.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts