Case mate cases

Search This thread

sassij

Feb 5, 2010
Minneapolis
I am debating which case to buy the tough case or the barely there case!!!
Anyone 's comment is appreciated!!

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

xKrisx

Jan 27, 2011
Barely there case, protection from minor scratches occuring from sliding your phone accross a table, doesnt not add any fall protection to it and it is not raised enough to keep your screen from being scratched if layed on its face.

Tough Case adds minor fall protection and is raised in the front to protect the screen if you lay it on its face or it falls on the face. Doesn't add alot of bulk to the phone.

I would honestly not recomend getting the Barely There case unless you are 1: Not Clumsy 2: Have a sit on your but at a desk job all day 3: Don't have any young kids or roudy pets.

I would recomend getting either a Casemate Tough Case - Casemate Pop Case - Otterbox Commuter/Defender Case.

Oh and a Zagg Shield for the screen.. those things are freakin insanely hard to screw up.

emarsha

Oct 13, 2009
Dallas
I am debating which case to buy the tough case or the barely there case!!!
Anyone 's comment is appreciated!!

I have EVERY colour of the Barely There, I absolutely love them (the white is my go to colour!). I have a few other cases, epik and one TPU plastic purple case from best buy, but none compare to slimness of the BT's.

Also depends on how you are with your device. Do you tend to throw it around, or are you careful with it? Barely There's are nice, but you'll need to be careful, as it's not a "full-coverage" kind of case.

sassij

Feb 5, 2010
Minneapolis
Thank u all for the info. I have the tough case and it is great but it collects a lot lint and dust.
The barely there case should be here today, hopefully this one is the winner.

one7dchevy

Mar 1, 2011
ive been using the casemate pop case..love it so far..
wouldnt mind trying out the otterbox defender or speck candyshell..
the barely there case doesnt seem like it has much protection..

Thremix

Apr 30, 2011
I love my tough case, looks great and protection is great. Now if you are gonna be taking your SD card and battery out a lot, then it might be a pain..

abenitez64

Jul 12, 2010
I have EVERY colour of the Barely There, I absolutely love them (the white is my go to colour!). I have a few other cases, epik and one TPU plastic purple case from best buy, but none compare to slimness of the BT's.

Also depends on how you are with your device. Do you tend to throw it around, or are you careful with it? Barely There's are nice, but you'll need to be careful, as it's not a "full-coverage" kind of case.

I like white cases on my phones too, but I haven't tested this one...do you know if they get all grimy and yellow after a while??

Thanks!

dusto2k3

Mar 20, 2011
i have the pop case as well. It seems to me like it protects the corners of the unit better. The tough case does not have a hard shell that extends around the corners of the phone.