[ROM] Android Revolution HD 93.0 | High Quality & Performance | 7.19.401.30 | 5.0.2

Search This thread
You should get that checked. Does not sound right :silly::silly:

No, it doesn't, and he certainly isn't seeing this visitor much. :D

mr_hankey_the_christmas_poo_by_gjones1-d5ookqe.jpg

Reactions: vomer and nicoboum
@mike1986. Hopefully not too late to make some suggestions for the next release:

Can you have the Xposed installer install the app_process? I like to hide the icon but every new install I have to redo the app_process. Might just need some tweaks in the install:
assert(run_program("/sbin/busybox", "cp", "-a", "/system/bin/app_process", "/system/bin/app_process.orig"));

package_extract_dir("additions/enhancements/xposed/system/bin", "/system/bin");

set_perm(0, 2000, 0755, "/system/bin/app_process");

With the app_process in the additions/enhancements/xposed/system/bin of course.

This might clear up some confusion as it also removes the manual aroma step.

----------------------

The Aroma package in the RU folder, contains the RC1 binary, I am too stupid to navigate the devdb ( ;D ) but I did use it to install 13.3 yesterday and it had no issues.

----------------------

Why does your Pureaudio mod differ so much (not talking about the init.d entry), it has at least one different property set (auto_effects.cong) and the entire /etc/tfa folder is not present. Was this a made decision? What was it?

Just incase it was missed ;)
I stand by app_process - new users will still need to install Xposed as normal, but existing users will not need to, so it will have any existing mods from the start.

Mike won't have the base yet.... another 40 mins or so before the base should be available for Mike to download

Exactly ... to be precise, only the base would be available at 10:00 AM GMT, not the entire ROM. It will be available in the following thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2419536

And just in case anyone is wondering, GMT (Greenwich Meridian Team) does not equal BST (British Summer Time) guys :)
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

Last edited:

Matt

Feb 4, 2012
Nottingham, UK
In the anticipation of the new Android 4.3 Sense build, I would like to take this oppurtunity to remind you all that the iOS 7 build comes out on 10th September, and is worth a look :) I heard rumours that it's better...
ios7-130610-1.jpg

yeahimdukenukem

Nov 28, 2010
In the anticipation of the new Android 4.3 Sense build, I would like to take this oppurtunity to remind you all that the iOS 7 build comes out on 10th September, and is worth a look :) I heard rumours that it's better...
ios7-130610-1.jpg

Yes it is, cause looks like Android now :good:
As developer I got it already about 2 months ago, but Apple wants to change it again until release.

biohaz55

Feb 9, 2010
Buxton

I have to say that this is one of the most offensive posts that I have seen on this thread..... the language is attrocious and those images should not be viewed in a public forum by anyone over the age of 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sep3w.png

Proudly presenting you the most popular ROM for HTC One...

one.png

experience.png

"My phone is now perfectly smooth, fast, stable. I do not expect much more from my phone!"
    DarkAdrien

"This release is amazing! ROM feels super fast! Great job Mike & the team! (...) Never noticed any lag. 1 word: brilliant."
    Selec1

"Feels a lot smoother in use - scrolling, swiping between sense screens. Much nicer feel. This is a real good one, Mike. Many thanks :)"
    dsm52

Intro.png

about.png

System details:
    • Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop) - latest official HTC One 7.19.401.30 (WWE) firmware (92.x series) [No Sprint Support]
    • Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop) - latest *STOCK* ROMs without modifications ---> click here
    • This is improved version of stock ROM - no visual changes!
    • Very fast, clean & stable!
    • Full HTC Sense 6.0 Interface
    • Multi-language (WWE)
    • For HTC One M7
    • Thanks to HTC for the base firmware
    • Video Review by owenbeals
    • Video Review by krazygreen
    • Video Review by udimars30

Included kernel details:
    • Stock kernel (the most stable)

ROM details:
    • Removed software (CPU) rendering - full Snapdragon 600 (GPU) rendering
    • Fully optimized and tweaked
    • Root access
    • Unsecured boot.img
    • Newest BusyBox
    • RAM optimizations
    • System signatures check enabled for system security and safety
    • Improved virtual memory management
    • Speed optimizations
    • Enabled GPU UI rendering
    • Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
    • Bloatware applications removed
    • All /system applications updated to latest available
    • All /data applications updated to latest available
    • Improved CPU governors performance
    • Most optimal system scheduler
    • Disabled kernel debugging for better performance
    • Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
    • Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
    • Fully de-odexed
    • init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
    • Auto init.d permissions set on boot
    • sysro/sysrw commands support
    • Excellent battery life!
    • Improved EXT4 performance
    • OpenVPN support
    • Most up-to-date system files permissions
    • Adobe Flash Player support
    • Support almost 24h a day
    • ...and many more!

You need:

How to flash:
    • Download ROM and place it on your virtual SD card
    • Boot your phone in recovery mode (vol down + power)
    • In main menu, select "install zip from sdcard"
    • Select "choose zip from sdcard" and browse to the location of Android Revolution ROM
    • You can use data wiping option in AROMA (optionally if coming from earlier version of my ROM, obligatory if coming from stock or other custom ROM)
    • After flashing process is complete, reboot the device

changelog.png

Android Revolution HD 93.0
    --- release date: 9 November 2015 ---
    • Based on the latest 4.16.401.13 update
    • SuperSU updated to latest 2.52
    • Updated Google apps
    • Updated custom apps
    • Updated HTC apps
    • Sense Toolbox updated to latest 2.2.1
    • Other minor changes and fixes
    • Included and updated applications:

--- Data partition ---
      Adobe Flash Player 11.1.115.81 (minAPI 14)
      Adobe Reader 15.2.2 (minAPI 15)
      Dropbox 3.0.4.8 (minAPI 15)
      ES File Explorer 4.0.2.8 (minAPI 8)
      Facebook 53.0.0.29.18 (minAPI 15)
      Facebook 53.0.0.29.18 (minAPI 21)
      Twitter 5.83.0 (minAPI 15)
      --- System partition ---
      Gmail 5.7.105901136 (minAPI 14)
      Google Play 5.12.9 (minAPI 9)
      SuperSU 2.48
      --- Aroma installer ---
      Google Hangouts 5.1.105976615 (minAPI 15)
      Google Maps 9.16.2 (minAPI 18)
      Google Maps 9.16.2 (minAPI 18-arm64)
      Google Plus 6.7.0.106735273 (minAPI 15)
      Google Plus 6.7.0.106735273 (minAPI 19)
      Google YouTube 10.43.60 (minAPI 15)
      Google YouTube 10.43.60 (minAPI 15-arm64)
      Google YouTube 10.43.60 (minAPI 23)
      Google YouTube 10.43.60 (minAPI 23-arm64)
      Google TalkBack 4.3.1 (minAPI 16)
      Google Chrome 46.0.2490.76 (minAPI 16)
      Google Chrome 46.0.2490.76 (minAPI 21)
      Google Music 6.0.2005S.2314365 (minAPI 14)
      Google Keep 3.2.444.0 (minAPI 14)
      Google Keep 3.2.444.0 (minAPI 14-arm64)
      Google Drive 2.3.357.23.30 (minAPI 14)
      Google Drive 2.3.357.23.40 (minAPI 14-arm64)
      Google App 5.5.29.16 (minAPI 16)
      Google App 5.5.29.19 (minAPI 19)
      Google App 5.5.29.19 (minAPI 19-arm64)
    - If your current firmware version doesn't match ROM firmware version, wiping data inside AROMA is highly recommended!

Important notes:
    1. If you want to say "Thanks!"

There are many ways to show your support to the developer. You can:
    • Press the "Thanks" button.
    • Hit the donation button and "buy me a beer".
    • Share your opinion about my work and write some feedback in respective thread.
    • Advertise my work to your friends.
    • Rate my thread with 5 stars.
    Every way of support is highly appreciated, but it's not expected!

2. Sharing policy

This forum is about sharing. If you want to use any part of my work, please feel free to do it but remember about some simple rules:
    • Inform me about using my work by sending me a message. You don’t need my permission, just inform me.
    • Include link to my thread from where you took particular files.
    • Give proper credits for what you used.
    • When it comes to using my ROM as a base you are free to do it only if I don't have "Stock ROMs" thread available for particular device. If such thread exists, you are
      obligated to take ROMs from there instead. These threads with "Stock ROMs" are usually updated within 24 hours from the moment when I release my custom ROM.

Sharing is one thing, but please respect some areas of my work like:
    • ROM name - "Android Revolution HD", "Android Revolution", "Revo HD", "AR HD" etc.
    • Graphics used in my threads, especially head-banners designed exclusivity for me.
    • Other parts of my work that are not supposed to be used by others without proper permission.
    Please let me keep my threads design unique. I’m sure you can do something even better yourself!

3. Support

If you have any issues or questions, please feel free to post them in the respective thread. Due to my commitments in real life I can't answer every PM, tweet or facebook post.
    If you want to get the fastest and the best answer - ask the question in the thread. Every month I need to remove about 1.000 new messages from my XDA inbox. I’m sure it’s better if I spend this time cooking new ROMs.​

4. Signature banners for users

Due to the increasing number of users flashing my ROMs we introduced some time ago 3 special groups of members.
    • Android Revolution HD Recognized User – every user might get this rank with proper banner by being active in my thread (or threads).
      Helping users to solve problems, answering questions or preparing threads with add-ons for Android Revolution HD are the most common ways to gain this rank. Just be active and we’ll contact you!

• Android Revolution HD Advanced User – every user might get this rank with proper banner by doing some amazing modification, application, theme etc. for Android Revolution HD.
      Creating simple bootanimation might not be enough, but you never know! Having Recognized User status before is not needed!

• Android Revolution HD Supporter – every user who shared some server space with us (with proper bandwidth) will get this banner. Please keep in mind we can't use DropBox shared folders.
      What we can use is minimum 20 GB of space and 10 Mbit upload speed. If you want to donate some server space to us, please contact me via private message.
    Apart of those special banners, every user might use one of our amazing user banners collected in this thread.

Finally, thanks for using my work! I hope you will enjoy Android Revolution HD!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] Android Revolution HD 93.0 | High Quality & Performance | 7.19.401.30 | 5.0.2, ROM for the HTC One (m7)

Contributors
    mike1986., langer hans, Mikanoshi
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 2.6.3.3 recovery or newer

Version Information

Created 2013-07-31
    Last Updated 2016-02-10
    7XKqndA.png
    Sense 5(.5) Toolbox
    Sense 6 Toolbox
    by Mikanoshi & me

What is Sense Toolbox?
    Sense Toolbox module contains a large variety of mods that will improve almost every aspect of your Sense device. You have to have Xposed installed to use these mods (except EQS reorder for older devices). For more info about Xposed refer to the original thread.

A note about compatibility. We develop the toolbox on ARHD on the HTC One M7 and M8. That ensures that every mod is compatible with ARHD. We can't test the mods on every other ROM. But as long as the ROM is near stock without deep changes, it should work there too. For the best and most complete experience I recommend using ARHD.

Which mods are included?
    For a complete list, please head over to
    http://sensetoolbox.com/6/modslist or
    http://sensetoolbox.com/5/modslist

How to use the Toolbox?
    First you must have Xposed Framework installed (more Info here). After that enable the Sense 5 Toolbox module in the Xposed Installer, set up the mods you like and tap 'Soft Reboot' icon to apply them.
    You can also reorder EQS tiles using drag'n'drop on Sense versions prior to 5.5. Select EQS reorder option in Toolbox, tap a tile to remove it, use a '+' icon at the top to add new tile. Tap save icon when you're done.

Backup functionality
    Toolbox supports settings backup and restore using default Andriod cloud capabilities. Enable backup in Settings > Backup & reset. Now every time you uninstall and install Toolbox its settings will be automatically restored. If you want to save/restore settings between reinstallations, use local backup on SDCard function (its button is next to Hot Reboot).

EQS Backup function (Sense 5)
    Due to the nature of ROM flashes you will loose your custom order on every flash. A backup will be made at every save of the order to overcome that. Start the app and tap the clock icon at the top to restore your order after a ROM flash, then save and soft reboot. Backup is saved to your internal storage. Note that it will be removed if you uninstall Toolbox, or do a factory reset. You can probably save it with the usual backup tools or save the Android/data/com.langerhans.one/ folder on your SDCard.

Changelog, downloads, support and more info have been moved to our own thread.
    mods.png

All mods listed in this post were reported working at the time they were added. I can't guarantee that future versions work though.
    Flash all mods at your own risk! Be sure to make a nandroid backup before flashing or have the ROM at hand to re-flash it if anything goes wrong.

I'll update this post as often as I can and whenever time allows it.
    If some links don't work or you found something which is worth being added, please send me a PM.
    Keeping this up to date can be very time consuming job, every bit of help is really appreciated!

XPOSED mods

The following mods require XPOSED to be installed while installing the ROM!

Splashscreens
    Splashscreens require your phone to be S-Off!

Other usefull resources

Most recent changes

22/09:
    • Added another bootanimation
    07/07:
    • Added Splashscreen section and included several examples (thanks to greenrocks!)
    • Added guide to remove red hboot warning
    29/06:
    • Added volume step mod
    • Added snap camera with volume buttons mod
    • Added XPOSED Mix 'n match statusbar icons
    • Added XPOSED proximity fix
    • Added XPOSED NFC options
    • Added transparent dock/navbar and folders mod
    • Removed autobrightness mod from hes_theone as it's heavily outdated and probably not working on ARHD 10.x+
    • Removed % battery mods from hes_theone for the same reason
    • Removed Riyals back button to menu mod as it's no longer needed (ARHD 10.x+)
    Older changes

15/05:
    Added lock/unlock sound mod

14/05:
    Added remove Facebook Images from Gallery Mod
    Added Dr. Who Bootanimation

13/05:
    Added Transparent Weather Widget

12/05:
    Added 4x5 Sense/Prism Mod
    Added BIOS Bootanimation

09/05:
    Added Blinkfeed modification
    Changed the layout a bit and split the Boot- and Downanimations in a separate category
    Included another thread about HTC Drivers
    Added index thread of ROMs, recoverys, kernels and tools
    Added another XPOSED Mod

07/05:
    Added pure black boot-/downanimation
    Added transparent Sense Notification and Navigationbar

06/05:
    Cleaned up the XPOSED section
    Updated some links

29/03:
    Added jothas mod-pack

21/03:
    Added the xposed framework
    Added settings mod for xposed
    Added play store masquerade mod for xposed
    Added app settings mod for xposed

18/03:
    Removed APM because it's shipped with the ROM now

17/03:
    Switched Battery % Mod
    Added Inverted Boot- and Downanimation
    Added Loudly Brilliant Boot- and Downanimation
    THIS GUIDE HAS BEEN MOVED TO IT'S OWN THREAD
    PLEASE VISIT: HERE
    FOR THE LATEST VERSION

------------

Successfully flashed new firmware!

Personally, I am on a Canadian HTC One - s-off'ed using revone & SuperCID

FAQ:

Q: Do I need S-OFF for firmware flashing?

A: YES!

Q: Do I NEED to update my firmware?

A: NO! But doing so ensures optimal phone performance.

Q: Does it matter when I flash the firmware (before or after new ROM install)

A: NO!

Q: Will updating the firmware erase my SD card or Apps?

A: NO! The firmware files provided in this guide take care of this for you so none of those get erased.

Q: If I only flash the ROM, will I get updated to the latest firmware?

A: NO!

PREPARING YOUR SYSTEM:

First we need to get you ADB and fastboot

Windows Users, download this file and extract the folder called "adb" to your C: drive. Your path should look like this:

Code:
    C:\adb\
    Mac/Linux users install ADB & fastboot using:

https://code.google.com/p/adb-fastboot-install/ (Download Mirror)

1. Extract the downloaded zip to your dektop
    2. Open Terminal and type in:

Code:
    su
    cd Desktop/Android/ (note: Android is the directory extracted from zip file)
    3. Now type

Code:
    ./ADB-Install-Mac.sh
    Note: By using the method above, your adb and fastboot files are stored at this location on your Mac: /usr/bin/

=============

S-OFF & SuperCID

Instructions on getting S-OFF & SuperCID available HERE

=============

FIRMWARE FLASHING

Download 2.17.401.1 custom firmware without .dzdata files (this will prevent your phone/sdcard from being wiped): http://d-h.st/PJv

*LATEST* Download firmware 2.24.401.1 (SD card will not be wiped using this file): http://d-h.st/WO9 (Rename to firmware.zip after downloading)

-----

Windows users, you need to do these steps first:
    - move the file you downloaded and renamed (firmware.zip) to the C:\adb\ folder.
    - next, in the C:\adb\ folder hold down SHIFT key and RIGHT-CLICK and select "Open command window here".

First, plug in phone to PC and type this in terminal/command prompt:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    =============

Let's start by checking current system details. Type:

Code:
    $ fastboot getvar all

(bootloader) version: 0.5
    (bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000 [COLOR=Red][B]< This is your bootloader version[/B][/COLOR]
    (bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.16.3250.24 [COLOR=Red][B]< This is your radio version[/B][/COLOR]
    (bootloader) version-cpld: None
    (bootloader) version-microp: None
    (bootloader) version-main: 1.29.666.17 [COLOR=Red][B]< This is your firmware version[/B][/COLOR]
    (bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
    (bootloader) serialno: <you don't need to know my serial#>
    (bootloader) imei: <you don't need to know my IMEI>
    (bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
    (bootloader) product: m7_ul
    (bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
    (bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
    (bootloader) cidnum: 11111111 [COLOR=Red][B]< This is your CID[/B][/COLOR]
    (bootloader) battery-status: good
    (bootloader) battery-voltage: 4077mV
    (bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
    (bootloader) security: off
    (bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
    (bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
    Now type:

Code:
    fastboot reboot
    Once the phone has fully booted, go back to the bootloader mode:

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    After that, type:
    Code:
    fastboot oem rebootRUU 

(FYI: I had to do this a couple of times for some 
    reason - before the phone went into silver HTC logo mode)
    Finally:

Code:
    fastboot flash zip /Users/vomer/Desktop/firmware.zip

Windows users: your command will look something like this: fastboot flash zip C:\adb\firmware.zip
    Got this:

Code:
    sending 'zip' (71868 KB)...
    OKAY [  4.936s]
    writing 'zip'...
    (bootloader) zip header checking...
    (bootloader) zip info parsing...
    (bootloader) checking model ID...
    (bootloader) checking custom ID...
    (bootloader) start image[hboot] unzipping for pre-update check...
    (bootloader) start image[hboot] flushing...
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,0
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,99
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,hboot,100
    (bootloader) ...... Successful
    FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)
    finished. total time: 6.410s
    Repeated same command:

Code:
    fastboot flash zip /Users/vomer/Desktop/firmware.zip
    Got this:

Code:
    sending 'zip' (71868 KB)...
    OKAY [  4.884s]
    writing 'zip'...
    (bootloader) zip header checking...
    (bootloader) zip info parsing...
    (bootloader) checking model ID...
    (bootloader) checking custom ID...
    (bootloader) start image[adsp] unzipping & flushing...
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,adsp,0
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,adsp,100
    (bootloader) start image[cir] unzipping & flushing...
    (bootloader) start image[rpm] unzipping & flushing...
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,rpm,0
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,rpm,100
    (bootloader) start image[sbl1-1] unzipping & flushing...
    (bootloader) signature checking...
    (bootloader) verified fail
    (bootloader) ..... Bypassed
    (bootloader) start image[sbl1-2] unzipping & flushing...
    (bootloader) verified fail
    (bootloader) ..... Bypassed
    (bootloader) start image[sbl1-3] unzipping & flushing...
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl1-3,0
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl1-3,100
    (bootloader) start image[sbl2] unzipping & flushing...
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl2,0
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl2,100
    (bootloader) start image[sbl3] unzipping & flushing...
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl3,0
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,sbl3,100
    (bootloader) start image[tp] unzipping & flushing...
    (bootloader) start image[tz] unzipping & flushing...
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,tz,0
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,tz,100
    (bootloader) start image[radio] unzipping & flushing...
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,radio,0
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,radio,26
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,radio,53
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,radio,79
    (bootloader) [RUU]WP,radio,100
    OKAY [ 39.601s]
    finished. total time: 44.485s
    Note: On my phone's screen the green bar did not go to 100% of the bar ... but everything seemed ok so I moved on.

Last Step:

Code:
    fastboot reboot
    Then I went back to the bootloader mode (after the phone reboots successfully):

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Checked if the update worked:

Code:
    fastboot getvar all

(bootloader) version: 0.5
    (bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.54.0000 [COLOR=Red][B]< Looks New![/B][/COLOR]
    (bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14 [COLOR=Red][B]< Looks New![/B][/COLOR]
    (bootloader) version-cpld: None
    (bootloader) version-microp: None
    (bootloader) version-main: 2.24.401.1 [COLOR=Red][B]< Looks New![/B][/COLOR]
    (bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
    (bootloader) serialno: you don't need to know my serial#
    (bootloader) imei: you don't need to know my IMEI#
    (bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
    (bootloader) product: m7_ul
    (bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
    (bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
    (bootloader) cidnum: 11111111 [COLOR=Red][B]< Oh Look! I'm Superman :) [/B][/COLOR]
    (bootloader) battery-status: good
    (bootloader) battery-voltage: 4331mV
    (bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
    (bootloader) security: off
    (bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
    (bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
    (bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-d16dc66985
    (bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
    (bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
    all: Done!
    finished. total time: 0.061s
    =============
    RECOVERY IMG
    =============

Get latest TWRP (download here)

With your phone plugged into your PC, type in:

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Once in bootloader mode, type:

Code:
    Mac/Linux: fastboot flash recovery /Users/vomer/Desktop/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.0.1-m7.img
    Windows: fastboot flash recovery C:\adb\openrecovery-twrp-2.6.0.1-m7.img
    Then:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    Hope this post helps someone else :good:
    community_section.png

user_banners.png

--- User banners prepared by matanlevanon, atticus182, KID_1194, adsamcik, sigeltek, jotha, Super-Veloce & D3VICE ---

Mike&Langer&Vomer.png

atticus182-1.png

atticus182-2.png

atticus182-3.png

adsamcik.png

user-banner-one.png

androidrevuser_1.png

androidrevuser_2.png

revohdsig.jpg

Super-Veloce.png

D3VICE.png

faq.png

A more specific FAQ section for the One (For general FAQ scroll down a bit)

1. When I try to enter recovery it just blinks for a second and the phone reboots. How do I get into recovery?
    Use Vol-Down + Power to enter fastboot mode. Now connect the phone to the PC and use 'fastboot erase cache'. After that it should be able to boot recovery correctly.​
    2. The phone rebooted itself while installing the ROM, now it just bootloops. How should I recover my phone?
    Reboot into recovery and flash again. If recovery won't load, check FAQ 1.​
    3. Do I need to wipe my data everytime I flash a new version?
    No, a data wipe is only needed when you come from stock or another custom ROM. It is also recommended but not manadtory to wipe when there is a base update. A wipe is needed if you want to go to GE ROM​
    4. Do I need to flash boot.img seperately?
    No, the installer will flash it for you.​
    5. Can I flash this ROM on my T-Mobile / AT&T / Rogers... variant?
    Yes, you can. The ROM will work on all the variants except Sprint, as it has some significant differences. Sprint is supported only with version 31.6 as of now. WiFi calling is available in version 31.6.​
    6. And where do I get the old versions?
    7. I am on AT&T and my signal is much lower than on stock ROM. How do I fix this?
    In fact your signal is not lower. The lower singnal bar display is a cosmetic issue. To check your actual signal strength go to Settings->Info->Network and look for the dbm value. When you compare this you will notice your signal strengh is okay.​
    8. I forgot to select an option in AROMA / I don't want a mod anymore. How can I add/remove it afterwards?
    Reflash the ROM with the desired options. No wipe required.​
    9. How do I get rid of the 3-dot-menu?
    As of the 4.2.2 update HTC introduced the Long-press-home-as-menu functionality, which also removes the black menu bar. Activate it under Settings -> Display -> Home Button.​
    10. Volume-wakeup mod doesn't work sometimes, is there a fix?
    Some variations of the VolWake mod won't work in deep sleep mode. You need to use another variant, like inside a custom kernel.​
    11. Speaking of kernels, which one do you recommend?
    This is mainly a matter of personal taste. I use the stock kernel included in AR HD. It is stable and works nicely. You are free to try other kernels, but make sure you report kernel issues on the kernel's thread.​
    12. When will you upload version x.y?
    Please, don't ask for ETAs. It will be uploaded, when it's done ;) Sometimes, Mike likes to take a nap!​
    13. Can you include the super awesome mod xyz?
    This ROM is meant to be an optimized stock ROM with some important mods in AROMA (APM, %battery etc). Please note that adding more mods also adds possibility for bugs, and increases the size of the ROM.zip​
    14. Do I need to update my radio/firmware to flash the ROM?
    It is not needed. You can do it if you want to. Newer radios/firmwares can improve signal, bluetooth, WiFi... refer to the following thread for more information: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2182823
    15. Does the ROM include radio/firmware/hboot...?
    Nope.​
    16. But I really, really want to install firmware! How to do it?
    Check the awesome work by vomer and makbil here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42556698&postcount=24958 and here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42586614&postcount=25330 . Please remember, that this is NOT the firmware thread. You better ask questions related to it in the corresponding thread.​
    17. My Facebook app lags. How to make it smooth again?
    Enable Force GPU rendering in Settings -> Devoloper Options -> Advanced​
    18. Before I flashed the ROM my phone's speakers were louder. How can I fix it?
    This change was made by HTC. It has nothing to do with AR HD. It may change in the future again.​
    19. How can I remove Kids menu?
    Install either APM mod or use the xposed framework and MoDaCo Toolkit. It has a mod in it for removing the Kids menu from APM. Xposed is available in AROMA, MoDaCo Toolkit is a seperate download. For removing the actual app, you can use TitaniumBackup and use it's function to remove system apps.​
    20. My WiFi passwords aren't stored anymore. How can I fix this?
    You have probably selected the AT&T option in AROMA. For a quick fix reflash the ROM, select international version (no wipe needed, please see FAQ 7 for a note about signal bars when using the international version on AT&T)​
    21. How do I remove the power saver notification?
    You can use xposed+MoDaCo toolkit or the following App for that: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jmzsoft.powersaverdisable
    22. How can I get larger MMS sizes without doing a full wipe?
    23. How can I change the order of EQS?
    24. I have an error about UID. How can I fix it??
    Please look in the folder /data/data/. If you have something from Quadrant there delete it. If that didn't help checl /data/system/uiderrors.txt. You may need to delete the quadrant folder from recovery.​
    25. My issue is not mentioned here and/or my phone is still not working after trying to recover. What should I do?
    You are always free to post in this thread or join IRC. You will find helpful members who will support you in solving your problem.​

General FAQ
    Q 1: After flashing Android Revolution HD my battery drains much faster. What can I do?
    A: Please charge your battery to 100%, boot your device in ClockworkMod Recovery and go to Advanced ---> Wipe Battery Stats. Also see Question 7.
    Also please read this ---> [GUIDE] Enlarge your battery life : an attempt to fix the battery drain
    And this ---> [How to] Brilliant Battery Life 100% working!
    For more details about wiping battery stats please read this

Q 2: My Premium Navigation doesn't work correctly. What should I do?
    A: Your Premium Navigation may not work correctly for many reasons. Most of them are not ROM related. You can try the following things:
    - reinstall your Locations under "Settings" ---> "Locations"
    - remove /sdcard/.data/navigator/Data/Temporary from your SD card
    - re-download Google Maps from the Android Market
    - clear data from Google Maps in system software management

Q 3: When recording HD video, the playback of the clip keeps freezing. How to fix it?
    A: This is probably SD card problem. Format your SD card (FAT32 recommended) to gain silky smooth playback.

Q 4: After I reboot my device, mp3 ring-tone is back to default. What should I do?
    A: Go to Ringtones > Menu > More Ringtones > Create new ringtone > Select the one you want (Thanks to kill4l)

Q 5: Is there any alternative for SetCPU? I think it slows downy my phone.
    A: You can application called No-frills. Remember to check "Allow on boot" option.

Q 6: After flashing Android Revolution HD my SD card is being mounted as ready only. What should I do?
    A: Connect your SD card to your PC and do defragmentation process. If you still have some problems with SD card, please read this.
    Mac users can use the repair function of the MacOS disk utility to solve the read only problem (Thanks to Calimero1205).

Q 7: My CPU load is all the time nearly 100% and in most part it's used by system. What is the reason of that high CPU usage and how can I fix it?
    A: Delete your htcsense.com account. It takes A LOT of your battery and CPU usage.

Q 8: Do I need to wipe data partition when upgrading from old version of Android Revolution HD?
    A: I always recommend wiping data partition but it's absolutely necessary only if I mention that in the changelog. But normally you can live without it.
    Wipe data partition if you experience any issues.

Q 9: I have some strange issues with my ROM that nobody reported before. What should I do in first place?
    A: In first place you should check, if the MD5 Checksum is correct. Then flash ROM again and see if the issue is gone. A lot of strange issues can be solved this way.

Q 10: I had SetCPU installed on Android Revolution HD, then I flashed new version of AR HD and SetCPU doesn't work any more. How to fix it?
    A: Please reinstall SetCPU.

Q 11: I can't send/receive MMS or I can't connect with mobile data connection. How can I fix it?
    A: Please check your MMS settings or mobile data connection APN settings.

Q 12: My phone got random freezes or reboots. How can I fix it?
    A: Every CPU is different. It seems that your CPU doesn't like OC or UV (undervolt). Set your CPU to default 1GHz.
    If it doesn't help, then you need to flash default kernel from the second post.

Q 13: When I listen to music from HTC stock player it accidentally pauses for short time and then keep playing.
    A: Turn OFF fastboot in settings.

Q 14: My GPS signal is very weak or GPS is not working at all. How can I fix it?
    A: There are some solutions:
    1. You can download and install FasterFix to improve your signal strength.
    2. You can download and install GPS Status & Toolbox to manage your GPS settings.
    3. Turn off "Fast boot" under "Settings" ---> "Power" and reboot your phone.
    4. Read this, this, this & this
    5. [Trick] Speed Up Satelite Fix for GPS on Android

Q 15: My clock/weather widget doesn't show my location. How can I fix it?
    A: Please clear data from Google Maps, Clock Widget, Weather, HTC weather sync provider and Weather Provider.

Q 16: My Quadrant score is not as high as on different ROM. What does it mean?
    A: It means absolutely nothing. Benchmarks on Android System are more or less lottery and they are not showing the real system performance.
    There are many settings that can force Quadrant to show more then 3000 points but it's faked performance, that actually can slow down your phone in some circumstances.
    What I always emphasize is a real performance, the one you can feel under your fingers. Remember that I/O has some limit and surpassing it shows just a numbers without true ratio.
    Also keep in mind that Quadrant has support for Android Gingerbread only in version 1.1.7 and higher.

Q 17: I have com.htc.bgc process force close few times a day. How can I fix it?
    A: It's because you have removed HtcTwitter.apk (HTC Twitter application). Please restore it.

Q 18: My screen-lock sound and keypad sound while dialing numbers is very low. How can I fix it?
    A: Download "Quick Settings" application from Android Market and check system volume slider.

Q 19: When I open up the call screen (where I see the recent calls and callers), the calls won't appear in the list. What to do?
    A: Probably you are using 3rd party launcher. Remove the dialer shortcut and re-add it.

Q 20: My Wi-Fi doesn't reconnect automatically after boot. How to fix it?
    A: Disable fastboot in settings or check this solution.
    separator.png

You think you're addicted from flashing ROMs, checking forum the whole day and you feel like "Android" should be your second name? Well, here's something for fun :D
    preacher65 said:
    Okay, now I'm getting my world news from XDA. I had no idea this had happened until I read this. Something tells me I'm spending too much time on here!
    Whiskey103 said:
    Well i have some similar experience. I just found out my wife is pregnant for 6 months already... Lol.
    And the first thing I asked was : When will you release it?

So I guess i spend to much time here also.

Still a had some spare time it seems. Otherwise the baby is not mine!

DarkAdrien said:
    My wife is pregnant for 4 months, ETA October 22nd (her upload speed is not so good). If only I could do a nandroid backup of my current life to be able to restore it after :D