Extra setting need to get 3G data on?

Search This thread

Tekone

Mar 20, 2009
I have two D710 phone here.. Both flashed with TBS4 V2.2 GB27 rom. After flashed, everything seem work fine till this morning. One of the phone I realize the 3G data Not work. 4G work fine.

Here's what I have tried
I disconnected Mobile data and enable back. Still not work
Update Profile and Update PRL.. still not work

I check the setting ---->status and see Mobile Network state show "Connecting" I reboot and battery reboot and still no work

Another phone work fine.. 3G and 4G with same Kernel and model and rom. some how a setting need to update or fix.

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Try reflashing the Jellybean modem. No 3G but working 4G is indicative of a modem issue. If that doesn't work, backup or move anything you want to save to external SD (just in case, some of the one-click builds wipe out internal storage), and use the JB one-click builds located here for the correct carrier to start from scratch:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1903252

You have run the one-click JB install that wipes internal storage already right?
It reformats the partitions to prep the phone for JB. It needs to be done only once but I've used it when I get stuck.

Reactions: bilgerryan

Tekone

Mar 20, 2009
Try reflashing the Jellybean modem. No 3G but working 4G is indicative of a modem issue. If that doesn't work, backup or move anything you want to save to external SD (just in case, some of the one-click builds wipe out internal storage), and use the JB one-click builds located here for the correct carrier to start from scratch:

You have run the one-click JB install that wipes internal storage already right?
It reformats the partitions to prep the phone for JB. It needs to be done only once but I've used it when I get stuck.

Thanks.. I'll try.. Thought most of custom rom GB27 come with JB modem don't they? I used one click wipe before install most of GB27 custom rom and must be wipe out the model part.

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks.. I'll try.. Thought most of custom rom GB27 come with JB modem don't they? I used one click wipe before install most of GB27 custom rom and must be wipe out the model part.

Modems are not included in ROM flashes

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

jaysoblitzed

Sep 29, 2012
Port Saint Lucie

Alot of ROMs are based on the FL24 ICS kernel. If your using a Custom ROM 3G wont work as it cant access the built-in 3G feature of the modem If its a Jellybean ROM trying to use a ICS Kernel. If you read the All Stock Modems thread in Android Development it mentions this. Basically saying mix-matching means no 3G indefinitely. 4G and WiMax a probability.

Last edited:

cajunlibra

Jul 17, 2012
Alot of ROMs are based on the FL24 ICS kernel. If your using a Custom ROM 3G wont work as it cant access the built-in 3G feature of the modem If its a Jellybean ROM trying to use a ICS Kernel. If you read the All Stock Modems thread in Android Development it mentions this. Basically saying mix-matching means no 3G indefinitely. 4G and WiMax a probability.

So I flashed Slimbean (4.3) and got no data, then Pacman 4.3 with no data. I was told to try the Blasphemy kernel and flashed Dirty Unicorns 4.3 and I still have no data.

Is it possible to have data on a 4.3 ROM at all? I know 4G isn't an option and I'm okay with that.

Thanks

mattzeller

Jan 26, 2013
New Orleans
So I flashed Slimbean (4.3) and got no data, then Pacman 4.3 with no data. I was told to try the Blasphemy kernel and flashed Dirty Unicorns 4.3 and I still have no data.

Is it possible to have data on a 4.3 ROM at all? I know 4G isn't an option and I'm okay with that.

Thanks

Make sure you have an ICS MODEM flashed on there such as FL24 or FI27

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

cajunlibra

Jul 17, 2012
Make sure you have an ICS MODEM flashed on there such as FL24 or FI27

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I flashed EL29 custom recovery because that's what the guides all said. Is that my problem?

I flashed the FL24 modem in CWM and it didnt do anything. do i need to start over and reflash everything?

wipe, then flash modem, then flash DU then gapps and restart?

Last edited:

mattzeller

Jan 26, 2013
New Orleans
The el29 you see posted about is a safe recovery not the modem. When you say it didn't do anything, what do you mean? Did it take a minute or two to flash, or was it super quick? Or do you mean you don't have data? In the about section on your phone, for baseband does it end in el29? FI27? FL24? And yes, you can just flash a modem.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cajunlibra

cajunlibra

Jul 17, 2012
The el29 you see posted about is a safe recovery not the modem. When you say it didn't do anything, what do you mean? Did it take a minute or two to flash, or was it super quick? Or do you mean you don't have data? In the about section on your phone, for baseband does it end in el29? FI27? FL24? And yes, you can just flash a modem.

Sorry my message wasn't clear. To answer your questions, flashing the modern in CWM was fairly quick, I don't remember a delay. I still have no data and baseband says FL24.
I moved a long distance last weekend which is why I've taken so long to respond.

Do I need to just flash again? I read that mobile Odin isn't friendly with flashing modems on this device.

Tekone

Mar 20, 2009
Sorry my message wasn't clear. To answer your questions, flashing the modern in CWM was fairly quick, I don't remember a delay. I still have no data and baseband says FL24.
I moved a long distance last weekend which is why I've taken so long to respond.

Do I need to just flash again? I read that mobile Odin isn't friendly with flashing modems on this device.

Are you on the freedompop service or sprint? If you still dont get 3G. You need to upgrade your phone proflie. Go to upgrade section and update profile and see you get any signal.

cajunlibra

Jul 17, 2012
Apparently Dirty Uniforms 4.3 lost data. They are working on it.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.