[Q] T-Mobile Z1S brick

Search This thread

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
I rooted my z1s today, then i installed recovery then flashed the rom for our phone made by tactic, all was well but everytime i booted the phone it always said android is upgrading, then it went through all the apps, so i thought why don't i just wipe system cache data and dalvik, then install the rom again, big mistake at first it booted to the sony logo got stuck, i kept turning it off then on 3 times, then after that i just went into flash mode with the led turning blue, after that i turned it off to save battery because i didn't download the ftf and flashtool yet, so after all that is downloaded i try to go into that mode again by plugging it into my computer then volume up and power but then it shows a red led for a brief second then stays black screen, not on ithink. When plugged into my computer it shows usb device not recognized so the phone is still alive. so my question is, what can i do to save my phone? pleeease help :crying: and yes i kind of literally cried

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
I rooted my z1s today, then i installed recovery then flashed the rom for our phone made by tactic, all was well but everytime i booted the phone it always said android is upgrading, then it went through all the apps, so i thought why don't i just wipe system cache data and dalvik, then install the rom again, big mistake at first it booted to the sony logo got stuck, i kept turning it off then on 3 times, then after that i just went into flash mode with the led turning blue, after that i turned it off to save battery because i didn't download the ftf and flashtool yet, so after all that is downloaded i try to go into that mode again by plugging it into my computer then volume up and power but then it shows a red led for a brief second then stays black screen, not on ithink. When plugged into my computer it shows usb device not recognized so the phone is still alive. so my question is, what can i do to save my phone? pleeease help :crying: and yes i kind of literally cried

You wiped the system and then wonder why there is no system?

Just repair your phone using pccompanion to get back to stock
Or
Flash a Z1S FTF using flashtool.

Then, spend some reading the threads and learning what to do before blindly flashing and wiping stuff.

Reactions: LaosPerson

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013

Or

Then, spend some reading the threads and learning what to do before blindly flashing and wiping stuff.

I can't get pc companion or flash tool to read my phone, when it's connected to my computer it says usb device not recognized, but my phone still is alive but no display either

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
I can't get pc companion or flash tool to read my phone, when it's connected to my computer it says usb device not recognized, but my phone still is alive but no display either

Have you tried using them yet?
In your last post you say you have not even downloaded flashtool yet?

Download it, run driver.exe from the driver folder in the installation path. Choose flashmode, fastboot and Z1 drivers
then run flashtool and attach the phone with it turned on.
Detach the phone
Attach the phone again in flashmode.

Please post the log from flashtool here

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013

Download it, run driver.exe from the driver folder in the installation path. Choose flashmode, fastboot and Z1 drivers
Detach the phone

My phone doesn't even shutoff, no vibrations etc, just the computer saying device not recognized, and the phone was unplugged while trying to turn it off
flash tool also says device disconnected? and i can't upload the log file

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
My phone doesn't even shutoff, no vibrations etc, just the computer saying device not recognized, and the phone was unplugged while trying to turn it off
flash tool also says device disconnected? and i can't upload the log file

i changed it to zip file but the log is inside

Attachments

• flashtool_2014-06-15_11-37-13.zip
    596 bytes · Views: 36

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Press it for much longer. If you get to one minutes and it has not worked then we can worry

Also, after seeing your numerous posts all over the forum I see another issue

...so i shut it off then went into flash mode with the blue led then i turned it off from there then when...:

Blue LED means fastboot, for flashmode you need a green LED

Press volume down for flashmode and volume up for fastboot.

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013
Press it for much longer. If you get to one minutes and it has not worked then we can worry

these don't work anymore for some reason, and again windows reognizes the device but doesn't know what it is
time to wrry, it doesn't work the vol up and power after a minute
HELP DEVICE OCNNECTED IN FLASH MODE WHAT DO I EXCLUDE IN THE FLASH ?
NVM I JUST LET it wiothout excluding anything wishh me luck

Last edited:

LaosPerson

May 15, 2013

there's around 2000 files it's sending to my phone, is it normal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Or

Detach the phone

Press and hold the power and volume up until it vibrates 3 times. Then it is off.

Just copy and paste the window from flashtool here.

...so i shut it off then went into flash mode with the blue led then i turned it off from there then when...: