• I don't use Green Power and I get SOD

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I don't use Green Power and I don't get SOD

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

bioweb

Dec 8, 2007
Any juice saver would be absolutely the last thing I'd want on my phone. That's treating cancer with carcinoma.

Why is that? Green Power works great here on Stunner's 1.4.19. Turns off wifi and data a minute after screen is off and there's no significant data usage and turns it on every half hour to sync with all my push accounts. When I turn the phone on all data connections are restored and ready to use when I've unlocked it.

Does it work? Hell yeah! I only lose 3% max each night as opposed to 8% to 12% without Green Power. I still get my Whatsapp/Gmail/Wordfeud/etc. messages when it's turned off, albeit sometimes a little late which in my case doesn't matter at all. If it's important, either call or send an SMS text message, you can't expect someone to always be in an internet covered area.

Now task killers is another story. Android has a great memory management and most killers will eventually cause more pain than neccessairy.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Anything that attempts to underclock has a high risk of crashing Samsung ICS kernels that haven't had source fixes applied.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

tamarian

Jan 19, 2010
Huawei Mate 20 X
Huawei Mate X2
Anything that attempts to underclock has a high risk of crashing Samsung ICS kernels that haven't had source fixes applied.

Great to hear from the SOD hunter! :)

GreenPower doesn't underclock like JuiceDefender. However, after lots of SOD's I noticed in the battery chart from settings that prior to SOD, WIFI was stuck ON when device was not awake, when GreenPower should turn it off whenever screen is off. I tested with uninstalling it and tried an alternative (Battery Defender) and no SOD's for 3 days. I had them a couple of times a day since LP1.