[APP] [THEME] Words with Friends *Dark Mod* v4.01 08/17/2011

Search This thread

anguissette

Dec 15, 2011
Help!

Been trying for weeks to get WWF on nook tablet, I went to the link for the old version you have on here and FINALLY! did not get a force close message, got super excited, but now it's trying to force UPDATE which won't work on this damned device, do you know anyway to force it to just ALLOW the old version to be played on there?!:confused:

Thx ppl for the feedback.

If you wanna test it out, here's 4.00 (I know 4.01 is the newest) with ads removed and same theming as in the original post. I'll dive into the facebook stuff later.

All seems to work fine for now, but let me know if anything's funky :)

csands76

Dec 21, 2011
Moved on??

Ok you guys may have moved on from this but I have a shot in the dark question...

For those of you who have actually modded the game, do you see any code in there that causes the game to try and stretch the gameboard to fit the screen? On my rooted Le Pan running 2.2 with a 9.8'" screen the bottom tiles cover up the bottom of the game board. Maybe if the gameboard didn't try to stretch this wouldn't happen. I say this, because the same .apk on my wife's 7" Coby Kyros looks perfect.

Last edited:

Krazy8s

Mar 24, 2011
Loved this theming mod. Not sure if you are theming WWF anymore, decalex.....so apologies if not. But if so, any chance of getting the updated version (4.83) themed and ad-free? Thanks in advance.

Pneuma1985

Jan 5, 2011
Around
Loved this theming mod. Not sure if you are theming WWF anymore, decalex.....so apologies if not. But if so, any chance of getting the updated version (4.83) themed and ad-free? Thanks in advance.

Yeah I have a version I themed and tried to take the ads out of but they changed it from the last version to 4.83 the ad system they use is totally new and the way the op did it will not work anymore I tried they inject ads into the smali now so they can load videos and crap not sure how to delete them and still get it to compile... It refuses to compile on me when I remove the main smali file or edit the manifest to not include the file that controls the ads so not sure maybe someone else can figure it out...This is my ics version with the ads still in it Like I said I cant remove them and get it to still comp...

http://www.mediafire.com/?1r70osgio147d1p This is version 4.83

Reactions: VenomLugz

VenomLugz

May 15, 2010
Yeah I have a version I themed and tried to take the ads out of but they changed it from the last version to 4.83 the ad system they use is totally new and the way the op did it will not work anymore I tried they inject ads into the smali now so they can load videos and crap not sure how to delete them and still get it to compile... It refuses to compile on me when I remove the main smali file or edit the manifest to not include the file that controls the ads so not sure maybe someone else can figure it out...This is my ics version with the ads still in it Like I said I cant remove them and get it to still comp...

http://www.mediafire.com/?1r70osgio147d1p This is version 4.83

Thank you! I've been looking for this verison 4.83 but I'm not used with dark mod theme. lol

Krazy8s

Mar 24, 2011
Thanks for that, Pneuma1985. I'm actually using a version 4.83 now with the ads stripped.....BUT not themed. Not sure if I can/know how to post a link here. Maybe you could put your theme to that one?

Edit: Just installed your version.....WOW!! Love the idea, but the colors seem to run together, especially the tiles and the extra point spaces.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Words with Friends *Dark Mod* v4.01

Updated 08/17/2011
    v4.01
    -No Ads Version
    -Facebook dark themed

For some odd reason, I wanted to theme the Words with Friends app.
    I didn't want to include this in the subject, but as an added bonus this is a version with the ads stripped away. I wouldn't post this if there was a paid version available on the market...but there's not.

I did the theming, not the smali magic of redirecting to avoid the ads. As soon as I remember/find who did the smali work, I'll give them credit.

There are still a few areas for improvement, e.g. the Settings screen, background of the game board, Chat area, News button (black text).
    But most of the most commonly used screens look nice. I didn't want to mess with the tiles just yet, so most of those colors are the same.

Screencaps
    ..oops.. that's how often I change themes :)

4.01 Screencap
    screenshot-1313616618631.png
    screenshot-1313449163749.png

screenshot-1313449235101.png
    screenshot-1313556614806%252520%2525282%252529.png

Installation Instructions
    1. Uninstall previous version (preferably with Titanium.. and make a backup).
    Note: All of your games are stored on their servers-- not your device. When you log in, it retrieves all of your info automagically.

2. Install normally with a file explorer (e.g. Astro, Root Explorer.. or adb install).
    App is signed.

DOWNLOAD Words with Friends Dark Mod v4.01 (No Ads)

DOWNLOAD Words with Friends Dark Mod v3.52 (No Ads)

Enjoy!
    All I did was took all the images from the themed 4.01 APK and put them into the 4.03 version and re-signed it.

Thanks to decalex and SteelH for their files they provided.

I also discovered that when you submit a word, it checks the validity of the word against a plain text dictionary stored inside the APK. So someone could edit that dictionary and add a word like kwyjibo if they so desired, raking up the points and pissing off their opponent.
    Here is v4.03 without ads. If someone wants to dark theme it up that would be cool!
    Nice work man! I love words with friends!

Btw. there are a couple glitches with the "ad-free" version (known or unknown I'm not sure). This all happened to me on a stock themed ad-free version.

1. facebook integration does not work (probably has to do with how the ads are cancelled).
    2. Sometimes the games get "stuck". Both users can't go because on each phone it says it's the other user's turn. It's weird.
    3. Sometimes words get split up and you get weird unconnected chunks of words.

These may or may not have happened to anyone else, but these were the glitches I found in the ad-free version. Just letting you know :)

But great job on the theme!
    Just finished updating the mod to 4.01

Words With Friends - Dark - NO ADS v4.01

screenshot-1313616618631.png

I'll update the OP later today with a screen cap n such.
    Watch them update it again tomorrow :)