Don't hate me, but with the Unlocking...

Search This thread
J

justinisloco

I have unlocked and rooted my phone. I am proud of the fact that it is mine. I know to most people it isn't an issue, and it isn't THAT big of a deal, but i would like it to go away anyway...

Is there a way to hide the Lock Icon you get after unlocking the bootloader in the Boot sequence?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
You sure its not Boot"UN"locker? I've never heard of an app that did this so, out of curiosity, I searched for "bootlocker" and found "bootunlocker" instead.

Sorry, yes. Unlocker.

Is relocking it going to cause an issue if I decide to install a rom in the future? Or use Wugfresh to lock and unroot? Or will it be seamless?

You can still flash roms via recovery with a locked bootloader. You just need to unlock the bootloader again to update your recovery.

DON'T EVER USE TOOLKITS ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

J

justinisloco

Sorry, yes. Unlocker.

You can still flash roms via recovery with a locked bootloader. You just need to unlock the bootloader again to update your recovery.

DON'T EVER USE TOOLKITS ;)

Just to update recovery I will need to relock the bootloader?

And out of curiosity, why not use Toolkits? If its to help me gain experience, I usually have no problem using adb, but I'm at work and figured it was easier. That, and I am lazy :p

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Just to update recovery I will need to relock the bootloader?

And out of curiosity, why not use Toolkits? If its to help me gain experience, I usually have no problem using adb, but I'm at work and figured it was easier. That, and I am lazy :p

No. You'd need to unlock the bootloader to update recovery.

Its easy enough without toolkits. Being lazy and taking shortcuts is dangerous.

adb isn't really related to anything we're discussing here

Top Liked Posts