ODIN ROOTing METHOD

Search This thread

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
I am very comfortable rooting a Galaxy Note i717 via odin. Reading through captivate method I am not following it too well and I am not confident that I can do it without bricking the phone. I am wondering if the odin method for i717 is confirmed to work on this phone as well? It's stock 2.3.5

You can't use another phone's file and/or method to root your cappy.

As for rooting, the easiest method is to flash a pre-rooted kernel (speedmod for 2.2 and Corn for 2.3). They both can be flashed using Odin 1.08.

As for rooting, the easiest method is to flash a pre-rooted kernel (speedmod for 2.2 and Corn for 2.3). They both can be flashed using Odin 1.08.

Phone is now rooted but it still has Android System Recov. <3>. Can I flash the latest CWM via ODIN?
I rooted via this guide here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am very comfortable rooting a Galaxy Note i717 via odin. Reading through captivate method I am not following it too well and I am not confident that I can do it without bricking the phone. I am wondering if the odin method for i717 is confirmed to work on this phone as well? It's stock 2.3.5

Phone is now rooted but it still has Android System Recov. <3>. Can I flash the latest CWM via ODIN?
    I rooted via this guide here

Refer to my previous post where I said to flash Corn kernel. That will install cwm for you. It can be flashed with Odin.