Null rom flashing failed

Search This thread

Phil418

Mar 29, 2014
Someone please help me get this null rom on my gear!

I didn't root, the guide says it is not necessary.
I got twrp on the gear with odin, saved null rom to sd card with wondershare.
Unlike the video guide I watched, my watch will not work with wondershare when in download mode, it needs to be booted on.
When trying to install null rom with twrp, it tries a little and fail.

I have the newest stock firmware on the gear, na6, can this be the cause of the problem and I should downgrade to mk7?

Thanks

mv522

Jul 11, 2010
I just updated mine yesterday to mk7 through Keis. Did root, twrp, then transfer null rom with wonder share. Then installed rom with no problem. I believe I read a Guide, saying root first with cydia impactor before twrp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

mv522

Jul 11, 2010
I'm sorry you are right. It is NA6. It still worked fine for me... try the root method
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Phil418

Mar 29, 2014
Well I am about to give up...

Restart the whole process by first flashing the stock na6 rom

Rooted with impactor and installed supersu (all appears to be ok)

Flashed twrp with odin

Here is maybe where I go wrong... The guide says to reboot directly in recovery, I cannot reboot directly in recovery, I can only first reboot normally and then reboot again in recovery. Even if I could I cannot copy the null rom without first booting the device normally.

Were you able to copy the null rom zip right after flashing twrp, while still in download mode?

Atul Cherian

Aug 13, 2014
Getting Download mode after rebooting _null27

After _niull 27 installation gear is going to download mode. I want to push _null23 to my gear and install it through recovery. How can I achieve this? When I typed "adb devices" in minimalADB and Fast boot it shows no devices. Please help.
Thanks in Advance

stuntdouble

Apr 1, 2009
Redmi Note 10S
After _niull 27 installation gear is going to download mode. I want to push _null23 to my gear and install it through recovery. How can I achieve this? When I typed "adb devices" in minimalADB and Fast boot it shows no devices. Please help.
Thanks in Advance

To get any device to show up using ADB you need to enable USB debugging and have all drivers, etc, installed properly. Go to settings>gear info>about gear then tap 'software version' multiple times until it says you're a developer or whatever it says, then go back a page and enable the new 'USB debug' option that will have appeared. Plug it in via usb and install the proper drivers.

Atul Cherian

Aug 13, 2014
To get any device to show up using ADB you need to enable USB debugging and have all drivers, etc, installed properly. Go to settings>gear info>about gear then tap 'software version' multiple times until it says you're a developer or whatever it says, then go back a page and enable the new 'USB debug' option that will have appeared. Plug it in via usb and install the proper drivers.

First of all thanks a lot for spending your valuable time to write this reply. Here my problem is my gear is not booting in. While installing null27, I erased my old kernel. Now while switching my gear on, the device is going to download mode. I can enable USB debugging only if my gear allows me to boot in.
If anyone knows to fix this issue please help me.

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
First of all thanks a lot for spending your valuable time to write this reply. Here my problem is my gear is not booting in. While installing null27, I erased my old kernel. Now while switching my gear on, the device is going to download mode. I can enable USB debugging only if my gear allows me to boot in.

If you can get to download mode, flash a stock android firmware using odin. Like this one. http://www.mediafire.com/?c3r6mmx83e48dh8

Then start installing null rom from step 1.

Atul Cherian

Aug 13, 2014
If you can get to download mode, flash a stock android firmware using odin. Like this one.

Then start installing null rom from step 1.

Thanks alot sir.. It worked. I have installed NeatRom 4.4.4 in S3 and null23 in my gear. Now I am able to connect my phone to gear. But some of the apps are not working. (For eg:1. If i take a pic in my gear I am not able to transfer it to S3 using transfer option in gear, 2. Contacts are loading in gear). Is there any way to get these features back?

Once again a big thanks to xda-developers team.. You people are amazing.. Cheers!!

stuntdouble

Apr 1, 2009
Redmi Note 10S

Yeah sorry I misunderstood you. Glad to hear you have that part sorted now though. :good: