[Q] SOFT BRICKED HTC ONE. Tried Everything!!!

Search This thread
Oct 19, 2010
Hi there. This is my first thread in your great site. I have Installed custom roms hundreds of times on various handsets. Yesterday I purchased an HTC One and decided to stick a custom rom on there straight away.

Now I have a problem.....The only thing I can do is get into bootloader and recovery, I can get that far, what I cant do is install any kind of rom to get my phone working. It seems all my data has been wiped, cant mount usb using cwm or twrp so cant just stick a rom on there and flash it. Can't sideload using ADB, pretty much cant get any kind of rom on there at all. I tried using an RUU.exe to return to stock but that fails also (it stays at 5% 'headers' and goes no further)

I have literally been through every search option on google and tried every method I have found for the last 12-13 hours trying to get this solved and i'm now starting to think I have genuinelly done something terrible to my phone and that it is unrecoverable.

My final hope is that one of you genius wizardy type of guys that seem to frequent these forums could help. Im getting desperate now :(

EDIT: I think I flashed a rom for the M8 version like a fricking noob. Does this mean my phone is knacked?

Last edited:

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Hi there. This is my first thread in your great site. I have Installed custom roms hundreds of times on various handsets. Yesterday I purchased an HTC One and decided to stick a custom rom on there straight away.

Now I have a problem.....The only thing I can do is get into bootloader and recovery, I can get that far, what I cant do is install any kind of rom to get my phone working. It seems all my data has been wiped, cant mount usb using cwm or twrp so cant just stick a rom on there and flash it. Can't sideload using ADB, pretty much cant get any kind of rom on there at all. I tried using an RUU.exe to return to stock but that fails also (it stays at 5% 'headers' and goes no further)

I have literally been through every search option on google and tried every method I have found for the last 12-13 hours trying to get this solved and i'm now starting to think I have genuinelly done something terrible to my phone and that it is unrecoverable.

My final hope is that one of you genius wizardy type of guys that seem to frequent these forums could help. Im getting desperate now :([/B]

EDIT: I think I flashed a rom for the M8 version like a fricking noob. Does this mean my phone is knacked?

Why not start with
1- a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n),
2- what recovery you have (name and version number)
3- what were you trying to flash? link please

Oct 19, 2010
Why not start with
1- a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n),
2- what recovery you have (name and version number)
3- what were you trying to flash? link please

Yeah that would help wouldnt it sorry. im using TWRP 2.7.1.1
I was tring to flash HD revolution rom but it seems i downloaded and used the M8 version

Oct 19, 2010
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.27.3218.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4336mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-e47fb74b
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11

Last edited:

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.57.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.27.3218.14
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__001
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11

1- edit your post and remove IMEI,

2- use TWRP 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 (maybe 2.7.1.1 works, I haven't tested, but 2.7.0.0 does not)

3- ARHD 71.1 (m7_u/ul) is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2183023

Oct 19, 2010
1- edit your post and remove IMEI,

2- use TWRP 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 (maybe 2.7.1.1 works, I haven't tested, but 2.7.0.0 does not)

3- ARHD 71.1 (m7_u/ul) is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2183023

yep did that but had to wait the 5 mins b4 i could remove the imei lol.

I actually tried your fix here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2739126&page=2 just incase.

gonna try TWRP 2.6 now and see if i get any movement......

thank you for your help so far

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Oct 19, 2010
ok installed twrp 2.6.3.3 and still no luck in mounting storage via usb. I know the \sdcard\ section of the phone is empty through looking at file manager. I dont know if this has anything to do with it. In bootloader my OS listing is blank, like there is nothing there. I have used your fix for the Active Cmdline Overflow just incase it was that as i figured this kind of falls into that category.

At the moment, I have d/l an old RUU.exe for jellybean after relocking my phone and that is currently installing although it is stuck on 7% ''Checking Header'' and has been for a while now. I dont expect it to move on any further.

One word.....gutted, wish I had left it alone now ffs

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
ok installed twrp 2.6.3.3 and still no luck in mounting storage via usb. I know the \sdcard\ section of the phone is empty through looking at file manager. I dont know if this has anything to do with it. In bootloader my OS listing is blank, like there is nothing there. I have used your fix for the Active Cmdline Overflow just incase it was that as i figured this kind of falls into that category.

At the moment, I have d/l an old RUU.exe for jellybean after relocking my phone and that is currently installing although it is stuck on 7% ''Checking Header'' and has been for a while now. I dont expect it to move on any further.

One word.....gutted, wish I had left it alone now ffs

you need to chill and relax, you are now rushing things (aka panic mode), and you are going to get into trouble if you continue, let me when you are calm and relaxed.

apologies if that sounds not nice of me, but random flashing (including fixing something that doesn't need fixing), is not a good way to go.

I checked the updater-script of ARHD 7.0 for M8 and it probably hasn't touched any sensitive partitions on the m7

Take a break and come back, in a while, i'll post back

Oct 19, 2010
you need to chill and relax, you are now rushing things (aka panic mode), and you are going to get into trouble if you continue, let me when you are calm and relaxed.

apologies if that sounds not nice of me, but random flashing (including fixing something that doesn't need fixing), is not a good way to go.

I checked the updater-script of ARHD 7.0 for M8 and it probably hasn't touched any sensitive partitions on the m7

Take a break and come back, in a while, i'll post back

lol, yeah your right was in panic mode. I'm cool though, not touching it again until you tell me to hehehe. Im calm and relaxed. Just need reassurance that there will be a slim chance it can be fixed.

Let me know what you think when your ready mate, I appreciate the help a lot

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
lol, yeah your right was in panic mode. I'm cool though, not touching it again until you tell me to hehehe. Im calm and relaxed. Just need reassurance that there will be a slim chance it can be fixed.

gimme 20 mins... kids want some attention before bed :laugh:

Reactions: terrypmarshall
Oct 19, 2010
interesting side note though......When I plugged into usb and turned phone on, it is trying to download the drivers for HTC One_M8.......

fails, and also MTP USB Device driver download fails

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
interesting side note though......When I plugged into usb and turned phone on, it is trying to download the drivers for HTC One_M8.......

:confused: are you trying to boot the M8 ROM?? why??

so go back to TWRP 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 and completely format your phone:

To completely format the relevant partitions, you do the following in TWRP:
1) "Format Data", that will format /data and internal storage
2) Advanced Wipe -> /system and /cache, that will format /system and /cache
3) reboot to recovery

then follow the instruction here (though you should already be familiar with the FAQ sticky ;)) section 'D' to get the ROM onto your phone and install it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53270352&postcount=21

Reactions: terrypmarshall
Oct 19, 2010

3) reboot to recovery

then follow the instruction here (though you should already be familiar with the FAQ sticky ;)) section 'D' to get the ROM onto your phone and install it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53270352&postcount=21

lol, no wasnt intentionally trying to boot the M8 rom, it was trying to do it itself. After the format data steps etc, I now have my system stuff back to normal (no longer states 0MB) couldn't mount with usb using recovery so cant drag and drop rom and install that way so currently trying to install using adb sideload.

If this works i will give you more kids rofl

Oct 19, 2010
failed to write data ' protocol fault (no data)

sigh......

oh well, its further than I have gotten all day thanks to you

btw....sorry for double posting all the time mods :)

Oct 19, 2010
you sir are a mod god.....used the push method and its installed the rom.

thank you so much for your help mate, i really do appreciate it. :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

gimme 20 mins... kids want some attention before bed :laugh:

3) reboot to recovery