[ODIN][VRALJB][VRAMC3][VRUEMJ9] Restore to Stock

Search This thread

Laetus1

Sep 22, 2012
Re: [ODIN][VRALJB] Restore to Stock

Your alternate restore's saved my ass dude. Thank you very much. ODIN was failing at the sboot.bin but the alternate one passed with flying colors. Thanks you. I just wish I knew why sboot.bin was sending me up shizts creek.

My saga at:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37269000

and outlined for monsieurr Outler @
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37269568&postcount=212

I had this exact experience, stuck at sbin. Then I found my Note 2 soft-bricked in the midde of the night,. I could not boot into system or recovery, only download mode. But the alternate restore offered by imnuts flashed perfectly for me. I was then able to unlock/root via Adam Outler's newer Galaxy Note 2 method (post exynos exploit update). Thanks to you, rdeckerr, for taking the time to chronicle your experience since it helped me see what I needed to do to flash to stock succesfully. I was then able to unlock/root, then flash CleanRom Inheritance. My Note 2 is even more amazing now. Donation sent to imnuts also.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

draya1986

Aug 2, 2010
Tried all 3 mirrors but I get md5 hash value is invalid, when I try to odin back to stock... any working mirrors?

mindtrust1

Dec 26, 2012
So I have version VRALL4 and I did have my bootloader unlocked anyways long story so im stuck trying to unlock bootloader with new method and when I download certain files in the revised kit this is the message i get as an example Windows cannot open this file BAVBaseline.tar md5.gz WIndows wants to know what program I want to run to open it if any of you have tried the new method it isnt working for me so I may have to go back to stock and unlock the original method that Adam put out based on VRALJB so thanks for this valuable piece of work that I feel is super awesome to have thx!

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin

So I have version VRALL4 and I did have my bootloader unlocked anyways long story so im stuck trying to unlock bootloader with new method and when I download certain files in the revised kit this is the message i get as an example Windows cannot open this file BAVBaseline.tar md5.gz WIndows wants to know what program I want to run to open it if any of you have tried the new method it isnt working for me so I may have to go back to stock and unlock the original method that Adam put out based on VRALJB so thanks for this valuable piece of work that I feel is super awesome to have thx!

Bootloader baseline package needs to be placed in the bootloader section of Odin 3.07. You need to open Odin and do that when casual tells you.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mindtrust1

pd240

Aug 9, 2010

I have a verizon note 2 that is currently unlocked, rooted with twrp recovery using the original unlock method on VRALJB . Due to a wifi issue I can't solve, I am planning on going back to stock using Odin. I want to use the restore file that does not change the bootloader so I can keep it unlocked. I am assuming the Odin file will flash stock recovery. HOw do I flash an alternate recovery with an unlocked bootloader and stock recovery?
Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

ddickenson

Dec 4, 2007
screwed up

Ok,
So I just rooted using the root66 method, then without realizing it bricked by trying to install cwm recovery. Now I'm trying to go back to stock using this tool so I can start over again and make it work but it keeps failing at sbin. I want to either know how to make this work or preferably how to flash ONLY the stock recovery so I can get past this verizon bull**** that isn't letting my phone boot. THen I could actually unlock bootloader. any help?

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III

Ok,
So I just rooted using the root66 method, then without realizing it bricked by trying to install cwm recovery. Now I'm trying to go back to stock using this tool so I can start over again and make it work but it keeps failing at sbin. I want to either know how to make this work or preferably how to flash ONLY the stock recovery so I can get past this verizon bull**** that isn't letting my phone boot. THen I could actually unlock bootloader. any help?

You need the alternate restore file. It's in imnuts thread... which were already in, got my threads mixed up.

mactechnm

Nov 8, 2009
Windows / Odin / Casual won't see BootMode

I am so frustrated. I had a VZW Note 2. It was running the JLB firmware. I successfully rooted it, but the home button was defective, so I had to have Verizon send replacement, which has VRLL4 firmware. I tried to restore this phone back to stock with odin 3.07 and the root66_VZW_stock_system.tar.md5 firmware. This didn't work, so I went into the stock recovery, and wiped my phone, and cache, multiple times. Now I can't get the phone to boot, it just goes back to stock recovery again and again. I can get into the Download Mode, but now my phone can't be seen by CASUAL-Revision289b.jar at all. I am running a Macbook Pro, with VMWare 4, usb is always set to be seen on the virtual machine. I never had trouble getting Windows 7 to see this phone before. Right now I have a $300 paperweight. I have downloaded the "alternate" bootloader, after much searching on this site, but it doesn';t do me any good if Windows won't recognize the phone. Tried reinstalling and uninstalling Samsung USB drivers mutiple times, tried rebooting virtual machine, nothing works. Any suggestions?

mactechnm

Nov 8, 2009
Trying ODIN again....

For casual your phone needs to be able to boot up. What you need now is Odin. Just follow section 1b of this guide and you'll be good

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34891181

I thank you for your help. I assume that when yopu refer to section 1b, you are saying to install the VZW alternate driver, then use Odin to install the Root66 stock VRALJB 4.1.1 12/2/12 firmware? Because I thought that since I'm already on VRLL4, I need to install the Alternate" version of I605_VRALJB_Restore.tar.md5, (the one named with .xz at the end, which I assume I need to rename to .gz?) I do have ODIIN, and I was trying this until 3:30am, but I'm going to keep trying. Right now I uninstalled the Samsung drivers, installed the VZW alternate driver, and I will see what ODIN says...

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Under section 1b, it says.... >>> Official VRALJB 4.1.1 12/9/12- http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2040264(This will wipe data and return your device to factory stock like the day you purchased the device. Unlocked and Locked devices may use this to return to Factory Stock conditions! Also, folks currently on the latest L4 OTA ONLY use the alternate restore file as it does not contain a bootloader!)..... <<<< So does this mean I 'should" use the I605_VRALJB_Restore.tar.md5.xz file (the alternate file?), ?

For casual your phone needs to be able to boot up. What you need now is Odin. Just follow section 1b of this guide and you'll be good

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34891181

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III

I thank you for your help. I assume that when yopu refer to section 1b, you are saying to install the VZW alternate driver, then use Odin to install the Root66 stock VRALJB 4.1.1 12/2/12 firmware? Because I thought that since I'm already on VRLL4, I need to install the Alternate" version of I605_VRALJB_Restore.tar.md5, (the one named with .xz at the end, which I assume I need to rename to .gz?) I do have ODIIN, and I was trying this until 3:30am, but I'm going to keep trying. Right now I uninstalled the Samsung drivers, installed the VZW alternate driver, and I will see what ODIN says...

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Under section 1b, it says.... >>> Official VRALJB 4.1.1 12/9/12- http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2040264(This will wipe data and return your device to factory stock like the day you purchased the device. Unlocked and Locked devices may use this to return to Factory Stock conditions! Also, folks currently on the latest L4 OTA ONLY use the alternate restore file as it does not contain a bootloader!)..... <<<< So does this mean I 'should" use the I605_VRALJB_Restore.tar.md5.xz file (the alternate file?), ?

Yes use the alternate restore download. Also don't rename them. With the .xz at the end use 7 zip to extract it.

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III

Is there a way to return to stock through a file? It looks like my USB port died and I need to return to stock before taking it back to Best Buy to be replaced.

Like http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2086769. ??

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

Are you unlocked? If so you can use mobile Odin to flash stock, but first use triangle away to reset your flash counter if needed.

Reactions: wooties

wooties

Apr 16, 2007
SLC, Utah
ryanhawley.com
Are you unlocked? If so you can use mobile Odin to flash stock, but first use triangle away to reset your flash counter if needed.

Yes, I'm unlocked. This is a good idea, I didn't know of it! -Trying it now. I'll let you know. Thank you for the suggestion.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Ends up that I didn't have to use Mobile Odin this time. I went to download mode and Odin recognized the phone, despite it not being recognized on the PC or charger, on or off. Sounds like I lucked out.

Thanks again!

gnex0422

Apr 15, 2012
Vt

Neither mirrors are working for me...is it just me or is something wrong with them?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin
My own stupidity never ceases to amaze me. Bet I have used this restore file 30 times since its release and it has always worked perfect. I started freaking out this morning when my phone kept looping only to find out I insisted on putting the file in the "phone" section rather than the "pda" section.

gnex0422

Apr 15, 2012
Vt

So this will return my phone to 100% stock, then i will have to take the ota update? Im running cleanrom 4.5 with stock kernel and want to wipe my phone and sd card clean.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin

Won't wipe your external sd card but internal storage will be wiped. Yes will be 100 percent stock unroot.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Reactions: gnex0422

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is an "official" Odin restore file to return your phone back to the shipping software. Why is this useful? Well, to restore your phone back to the stock software. This is an invaluable tool for anyone messing around with their phone. If/when an OTA update is released, I'll post any future stock Odin files here as well, but for now, there is only one. A nice way to say thanks is the donate button as well, and it will help keep my hosting alive for these huge Odin files.

[size=+1]Instructions[/size]
    1. Download the file below
    2. Put your phone into download mode and connect it to your computer
    3. Open Odin and make sure your phone is selected
    4. Put the downloaded file in the PDA box
    5. Press start
    6. Enjoy a stock phone

[size=+1]Downloads[/size]
    VRALJB
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Alternate Restore - Return to stock but keep an unlocked bootloader
    Alternate Restore Mirror

VRAMC3
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Alternate Restore - Return to stock but keep an unlocked bootloader
    Alternate Restore Mirror

VRUEMJ9
    Download Me

NOTE: I am not responsible for any issues caused by flashing this. Do so at your own risk. If you don't know what you're doing, then you may want to take a few extra minutes to read up on flashing with Odin before you make a very expensive paperweight
    I will have a package posted soon that allows you to restore to stock VRALL4 and maintain an unlocked bootloader as well. I just need to test and verify that everything is working first, as I didn't have time to do so before I packaged it up earlier today. I can also create a restore package that will take you to fully stock VRALL4 (including bootloader) if people would like it.
    Updated OP with 4.3 file
    I just posted an alternate restore package in the OP. It will return you to stock but retain the unlocked bootloader. This would be if you FUBAR'd something and want to go back to stock, but not have to worry about unlocking again.
    I love seeing this name in the this forum.... Please tell me your working on the Note 2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Kind of ;)

Time is sparse these days.