[ROM]Epic MIUI v4 Installer and Customizer Beta 5

Search This thread

Death259

Nov 15, 2010
after using this installer i also got miui home fc's..

I think i managed to fix the FCs for MIUI home last night. I tried installing it over a current MIUI and when it booted up, i didn't get any FCs. I also think I might have my permissions off on the system apps that get added (user selected). So that might fix a few things as well if I'm right on that one.

Reactions: darklichny

beltsnspoons

Jul 28, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
It still exists, but MIUI changed a lot with 2.4.6 cause they now use ICS 4.0.4 and I just haven't had the time to make the modifications to the builder to catch up. Marcusant told me a few days ago what to do, just haven't been able to do it yet.

fair enough, appreciate you replying to all who ask. look forward to being able to get the new builds up and running. keep up the good work, and thank you.

darklichny

Dec 27, 2011
NYC
I think i managed to fix the FCs for MIUI home last night. I tried installing it over a current MIUI and when it booted up, i didn't get any FCs. I also think I might have my permissions off on the system apps that get added (user selected). So that might fix a few things as well if I'm right on that one.

Sweet! Looking forward to getting my miui rocking again... i've been using a mutant hybrid of marcusants 2-part 2.4.6, nyan colonel 4.1 and a few bits of your setup... had to manually fix the permissions, but all but the status bar themes work... very happy so far...

[BTW, Thanks for all your hard work, and marcusant & xbox, etc.... Love it.]

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
Sweet! Looking forward to getting my miui rocking again... i've been using a mutant hybrid of marcusants 2-part 2.4.6, nyan colonel 4.1 and a few bits of your setup... had to manually fix the permissions, but all but the status bar themes work... very happy so far...

[BTW, Thanks for all your hard work, and marcusant & xbox, etc.... Love it.]
I am curious how you did that? (Got the status bar themes to work that is?

Can you offer any help? or post a download ?

swiftstrike763

Dec 30, 2011
Hey guys I flashed miui victory or whatever it was and tried flashing this but I'm still getting stuck at miui logo, can anyone point out what i'm doing wrong?

Edit: Got it. Wiped everything and reinstalled miui victory and let it boot up before going back into recovery to try again and it's possible I might have selected factory reset for coming from a different rom after flashing miui the first time not entirely sure, but selected the same stuff as before and installed and booted up fine. Sorry about that!

Edit: Google play keeps force closing. What to do?

Last edited:

darklichny

Dec 27, 2011
NYC
statusbar themes still NOT working...

I am curious how you did that? (Got the status bar themes to work that is?

Can you offer any help? or post a download ?

Death is correct, all BUT status bar themes work... been some serious hunting with permissions... that and the lack of decent v4 themes(in english at least)

Now all i need is sb themes and boot sounds to work properly...

Reactions: BREWGIRL03

Death259

Nov 15, 2010
Hey guys I flashed miui victory or whatever it was and tried flashing this but I'm still getting stuck at miui logo, can anyone point out what i'm doing wrong?

Edit: Got it. Wiped everything and reinstalled miui victory and let it boot up before going back into recovery to try again and it's possible I might have selected factory reset for coming from a different rom after flashing miui the first time not entirely sure, but selected the same stuff as before and installed and booted up fine. Sorry about that!

I've put together another release that I am testing now. It should hopefully keep the issue you had from occurring, assuming I did properly fix wiping. Also, the MIUI home FCs should be fixed... If it all works then I will release it tonight. If not then it will have to wait a day or two.

Last edited:

swiftstrike763

Dec 30, 2011
Sounds good sorry about the crazy number of edits, heh, I didn't realize there were newer posts. But anyway everything's fine and dandy the only thing wrong from what I see is that my google play pops up with a message saying it stopped every now and then. But that's about it so far. No complaints. Thanks for your time:)

Edit: And when it's released how do I update it without losing all the stuff I set up? Or is that not avoidable? Thanks!

Last edited:

Death259

Nov 15, 2010
Sounds good sorry about the crazy number of edits, heh, I didn't realize there were newer posts. But anyway everything's fine and dandy the only thing wrong from what I see is that my google play pops up with a message saying it stopped every now and then. But that's about it so far. No complaints. Thanks for your time:)

Edit: And when it's released how do I update it without losing all the stuff I set up? Or is that not avoidable? Thanks!

The best way to not lose as much of your stuff would be to not do a full wipe, when you install just choose to wipe cache and dalvik cache.

I did, somehow manage to super break something... nothing will boot at all... not sure what i did wrong though.

Death259

Nov 15, 2010
I did, somehow manage to super break something... nothing will boot at all... not sure what i did wrong though.

Okay, so it looks like as long as you are upgrading from an earlier version of MIUI to this and you choose just to wipe dalvik/cache then my new version will work, but i SUPER broke the full wipe. Whenever i get that fixed, I'll do a release.

ugothakd

Jun 12, 2011
O 'Fallon, MO
I searched the thread, but 4g is still a no-go correct?
[edit] actually nvm, i checked the "official" miui thread. no go

Last edited:

Death259

Nov 15, 2010
Everything keeps fc'ing when I install :-(

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Once a new Epic MIUI gets an official release, I'll do a huge update that will fix most if not all of the issues that some people seem to be having.

You should be able to take a currently installed MIUI and overwrite it with this just fine. I for some reason can't seem to make it work without needing MIUI installed to begin with, but I think the next big update for our MIUI will help with solving this issue.

As for the beats... I'll look into including that. My end goal is to be able to include crap loads of mods like that so people can customize their MIUI experience as little or as much as they want.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is this?
    This is a zip file that you will flash through CWM that allows you to install and customize MIUI v4. Once you choose the zip in CWM you are presented with a GUI that will allow you to select the kernel you want as well as what extra apps you would like installed, including what launcher you want. Once you have chosen all of your extras then it will install MIUI v4 with those options included. Right now it is very basic, but I keep adding options week by week.

Current Version
    Version Beta 5 - 6/10/2012 (hosting provided by Marcusant) min.us mirror
    Normally I run these through the paces, but I won't have time to test this. Let me know if any problems occur.

Instructions

If comming from any version of MIUI ICS:
    • Always make a backup
    • Flash with CWM
    • Follow the on screen instructions
    • Button Configuration:
    • Up/Down = Volume Keys
    • Accept/OK = Camera Key
    • Back = Soft Touch Back Button
    • Touch screen works for the non-button items

If you are currently not on ICS MIUI use the following instructions provided by rootxda
    1. Flash back to Stock after making backup...I flashed back to FC09 not deodoxed. Let Reboot
    2. Flash Clockwork Mod
    3. Once it goes back to CWM, then I converted BML to MTD. This will leave you in a bootloop. Pull Battery....Three Finger Salute, then
    4. Flash another MIUI rom first, once it loads up completely like everyday use, turn off phone.
    5. Then go back to CWM and flash v4
    6. It seemed to flicker to me at first, but keep screen on and run a couple minutes. Then Modifiy to your Desires!!

Known Bugs

• All currently known bugs should be fixed.

Suggestions
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you managed to come across a bug, which at this point wouldn't surprise me, let me know and I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Oh and of course, the usual jargon that I am not responsible if you somehow managed to mess up your phone or for that matter your computer.

If there are any apps or other things you would like included, just let me know, I would like to accomodate as many people as i can.
    Thanks

If you feel i have not given you credit for something, or simply want something you've done not included, just let me know.
    Change Log

Version Beta 4 - 4/15/2012 (Dropbox Mirror)
    • Fixed calibration, so that the buttons can be touched
    • Updated Nyan Colonel to V4.1 provided by Marcusant
    • Updated to MIUI 2.4.6 provided by Marcusant
    • Instead of installing the extra apps to system, most will be moved to installing in /data in order to allow them to be more easily removed
    • Added Voodoo Sound app
    • Added NSTools app
    Version Beta 3 - 4/08/2012 (Dropbox Mirror)
    • The cache and dalvik cache will now be wiped properly, however, that is all that will currently wipe. The rest of the full wipe will come later.
    Version Beta 2 - 4/07/2012 (Dropbox Mirror)
    Version Beta 1 - 4/02/2012
    Version Beta 0 - 3/31/2011
    • Installer will actually flash a working 2.3.16 MIUI v4, just like the last non-test build
    Version Alpha 0 - Initial Release - 3/30/2011
    • Installer runs, but won't create a real working MIUI yet
    • Basically it is eye candy at this point
    Everything keeps fc'ing when I install :-(

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Once a new Epic MIUI gets an official release, I'll do a huge update that will fix most if not all of the issues that some people seem to be having.

You should be able to take a currently installed MIUI and overwrite it with this just fine. I for some reason can't seem to make it work without needing MIUI installed to begin with, but I think the next big update for our MIUI will help with solving this issue.

As for the beats... I'll look into including that. My end goal is to be able to include crap loads of mods like that so people can customize their MIUI experience as little or as much as they want.