Touchscreen issue

Search This thread

fayrarri

Oct 28, 2011
Canton, MI
Hey guys, so the touchscreen on my shift keeps creating deadspots where if I touch in a certain area it won't register the touch. It is more noticable on AOSP roms, I'm running UKE right now and it also occurs on cm7.1. On sense roms I haven't noticed it but I haven't really used sense roms as much as AOSP. Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Try a Sense Rom, and check. Then if that does not work. RUU back to Stock. If you still have the issue, it's time to take it back to Sprint.

Reactions: fayrarri

fayrarri

Oct 28, 2011
Canton, MI
Well I was on newSense for a while and didn't notice the problem. But the real issue is that it happens very randomly. I can be fine for a week but then it won't work three times in an hour (like right now there was a dead spot on the 'g' key on my keyboard until I turned the screen off and on)

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Well I was on newSense for a while and didn't notice the problem. But the real issue is that it happens very randomly. I can be fine for a week but then it won't work three times in an hour (like right now there was a dead spot on the 'g' key on my keyboard until I turned the screen off and on)

If you can replicate the issues for Sprint that will be good for you, I had the same issue and now every so often either the whole screen will quit working for however long it decides to not work or I'll have the issues where I can't hit a key. I've had the whole screen not work for about 3 days then it magically started again

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

fayrarri

Oct 28, 2011
Canton, MI
I've been running newSense and the problem hasn't come back so far, so perhaps my phone just doesn't like AOSP roms lol. Although ever so often on newSense my status bar disappears and the phone becomes laggy, then 30 seconds later it returns and everything goes back to normal

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Try rebooting the device every few days. It will help with the lag that you experience after a few days. A cache cleaner isn't a bad idea either.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try a Sense Rom, and check. Then if that does not work. RUU back to Stock. If you still have the issue, it's time to take it back to Sprint.
    Try what I suggested in that order. If you have to RUU, and still have the issue. Then my bet is it's hardware related.

TEAM MiK
    MikROMs Since 3/13/11