Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Search This thread

slayer621

Dec 12, 2011
Hello Galaxy Tab Plus forum!

I'm interested in purchasing this tablet and I was wondering, is this the right forum for the tablet? If not, can someone direct me to the correct one?

Thank you in advance!

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
seems like quite a few on ebay. Including w/3G. all selling for under $300. Appear to be from good sellers too. Hmmm.

Havent found anywhere else advertising the 3G model. under $300 for a dual-core 7" ICS phone, not too shabby.

edit: that 3g model may be incorrectly posted on ebay.

cscimmia

Sep 14, 2010
Chiming in to say hi as well. Picked up my Tab 2 7.0 on opening day and have been very happy with it. Be nice if it catches on and we get a kick-ass dev community behind it! ;)

antmon

Mar 5, 2011
i think the '3G' model you see on eBay is probably the Tab 7 Plus...which is a pretty good deal if it is brand new...

i picked up my Tab2 on Sunday morning from BB....really great device for the price...

yes, looking forward to some rooting as well :)

slayer621

Dec 12, 2011
The requirements for my tablet had to be cheap and powerful, yet not gigantic. I wanted something I could browse the internet with without breaking out the 15 inch laptop. I love how it runs ICS stock too.

elcidroyale

Dec 5, 2011
FYI I have some dead pixels on mine! Actually it's as if someone had some light on their fingertips & wiped it on the screen (it's not dirt or smudges on the screen). It's strange. I am sending it in under warranty so hopefully I'll get it back soon! Check all of your screens out (get an all black screensaver).

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
I did notice that the Tab 2 lags on quite some games I have tried. Temple run is one of them so its not for casual gaming.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using xda premium

aimfire72

Nov 26, 2010
San Jose
FYI I have some dead pixels on mine! Actually it's as if someone had some light on their fingertips & wiped it on the screen (it's not dirt or smudges on the screen). It's strange. I am sending it in under warranty so hopefully I'll get it back soon! Check all of your screens out (get an all black screensaver).

The first one I got at BestBuy had a dead pixel and loose volume rocker. I took it back for exchange and opened before I left the store. They brought out two, opened them up and both had dead pixels! Finally they brought out #4 and it had a perfect screen. The dead pixels were black, easily visible on a white background.

slayer621

Dec 12, 2011
The first one I got at BestBuy had a dead pixel and loose volume rocker. I took it back for exchange and opened before I left the store. They brought out two, opened them up and both had dead pixels! Finally they brought out #4 and it had a perfect screen. The dead pixels were black, easily visible on a white background.

I'm kinda nervous now. I was planning on buying mine on Amazon, but now I'm not so sure. I don't want to have to deal with sending it back through the mail and waiting for days.

elcidroyale

Dec 5, 2011
Hmm mine has opposite of dead pixels then! On a black background smudges of light come through!

I'd go ahead and get one from amazon. They are quick with exchanges and replacements. Speak to customer service and ask them to cross ship if you need to.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

K

knucklesmckay

I did notice that the Tab 2 lags on quite some games I have tried. Temple run is one of them so its not for casual gaming.

My Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, doesn't lag on games. I got it on opening day and have been running, temple run and n64oid on it. Its been fine. I haven't tried Shadowgun yet, but it should run alright. If it can run good on my old Kindle Fire, it can run smooth on the tab 2.

bark777

Feb 28, 2012
My 2 7.0 tab shows 4.2GB available on tablet and not 8GB. I am sure this is normal, but just checking. Can someone confirm the same?
Thx...

Attachments

• Storage.jpg
    Storage.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 335
K

knucklesmckay

Yes 4gb for me too. Also i just played Shadowgun...its smooth during gameplay but it crashed twice.uploadfromtaptalk1335560236578.jpg

sent from my galaxy tab 2

elcidroyale

Dec 5, 2011
I found a new bug. While watchin a movie stream from Google movies, i hit the volume rocker and the video turns black and the audio stutters. The volume bar appears sometimes but if it does, it doesnt move when i hit the volume. If i do this too much, my whole device reboots. This happens on a fresh out of the box device with nothing else installed. It continues to happen even after i update the Play Movies software. Does not happen while streaming youtube.

Can anyone else see if this happens to them as well before i return this device a 2nd time? :mad:

Sent from my GT-P3113 using XDA

WoodburyMan

Jun 7, 2011
Connecticut
The user partition is only 4.2gb. That's the size of the volume mounted under /sdcard. The entire drive itself is 8gb, but ~4gb is in the seperate root partition of the drive firmware and recovery. This is true with most phones and tablets, a section of it is reserved for operating system use.

I picked up a 32gb class 10 microsd for $20 USD from NewEgg. Cheap and easy enough to add extra storage.

--------

Anyone know when we get our own forum/cat? It would be helpful to further development on this tab.

I use this as a deskclock and "wake up to lazy to get out of bed and go to my computer desk to check news" device. Would like root to run clocksync automatically to sync to atomic time.

-------
Anyone notice the distinct lack of the standard android Clock / DeskClock application? Nowhere. Trying to push a apk from CM9 of it over ADB resulting in it saying it was already there and such which is funny as there's no shortcuts to it.

Last edited:

bark777

Feb 28, 2012
Seems like someone rooted the device over on rootzwiki :)

3110 and 3113 has anyone tried this to root 3113?

I was able to use odin to load ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 on my GT-P3113 and then flash for root with Superuser and busybox.

Thanks to nycbjr and xoomdev on RootzWiki...

You must use new Kies for 3113 to get correct driver for windows.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seems like someone rooted the device over on rootzwiki :)

Anyone with a tab 2 care to do a short review on the touchwiz mini apps tray? Ideally someone who used them on hneycomb as well. Is it still total junk? Did they even change the look of the apps, etc.?
    Thanks.

total ass...same as it ever was

I decided to freeze TW and am using Nova Launcher solely. So much better.