ICS countdown for XM,XMP and LWW [THREAD CLOSED]

Search This thread

UchihaDareNial

Feb 2, 2012
Seremban
[THREAD CLOSED]

All 2011 Xperia device have received their Ice Cream Sandwich,hereby this unofficial ICS countdown is closed :D thanks everyone for supporting this thread

Notice : Some Xperia user still doesn't receive the update,you might need to ask your service provider for information...

Sent from my SK17a using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: dihan91

42me

Mar 16, 2012
in my world
Well,Sony stated that the ICS upgrade will be around end of May / early of June...well,why don't we start a countdown eh?

;) don't mad with me bro...I made this thread for us,and also for fun (lol) :p well,I'm sorry if I made all of you guys mad :(

BTW,29 Days left xD

wait and wait must be nice i think:D:D

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
Well,Sony stated that the ICS upgrade will be around end of May / early of June...well,why don't we start a countdown eh?

;) don't mad with me bro...I made this thread for us,and also for fun (lol) :p well,I'm sorry if I made all of you guys mad :(

BTW,29 Days left xD

You don't know, if it comes out 27 May or 5 June or whatever, so I don't know, til what day are you counting.

Why you think I am mad? Just because ai don't use smilies, doesn't mean I'm serious or angry etc.

Sent from my Xperia Live using xda premium.

lolhalol

Dec 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
haha im waiting for official ics too. been using the kamarush ics lite rom and it has been awesome. cant wait for the official one. hope it the official runs as smooth as kamarush ics!!!

Last edited:

UchihaDareNial

Feb 2, 2012
Seremban
So,this thread is about countdown for the ICS update for our beloved phone...everyday we can post in this thread and post how many day left for ICS (eg. I post '30 Days left')

30 Days left (I'm following my country timezone,Malaysia :D)

How much day left : 27

27 days left :-/ ....still no ICS news from Sony guys?

Last edited:

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
you yourself doesnt even know the exact release date yet. so to what exactly are u counting to? cannot see the point of it :/

mail2parun

Apr 14, 2012
me too waiting for it eagerly...till it comes using Kamarush ICS Lite ROM on my new sk17i mango...with that its like awesome...and we can know wat to expect frm sony wen they release it..hope they fix the delay in accelerometer..except for that everything rocks..

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

For some reason, I don't believe it. I think he is doing 4.0.2.A.0.62 GB update....Am I right?

Sent from my Xperia Live using xda premium.

he should be..cos next release they hav said they ll release it for XM,XMP and LWW all together rite?

UchihaDareNial

Feb 2, 2012
Seremban
you yourself doesnt even know the exact release date yet. so to what exactly are u counting to? cannot see the point of it :/

Well,I'm actually counting the non official date for the ICS update (well,more like predicting :D) but I still believe the update will come at the end of this month :)

26 days left...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here they are:

DSC00588.JPG

DSC00589.JPG

DSC00594.JPG

DSC00595.JPG

DSC00596.JPG

DSC00597.JPG

DSC00598.JPG

DSC00599.JPG

DSC00600.JPG

DSC00601.JPG

DSC00602.JPG

DSC00603.JPG

DSC00604.JPG

DSC00605.JPG
    DSC00606.JPG
    0 days left. end of thread

not seeing LWW thread :S

It will come soon :)

And first Xperia Arc and Xperia Neo phones are receiving the ICS.
    Seems like we're so close :D
    LWW thread:

talk.sonymobile.com/message/199753#199753

Update on Ice Cream Sandwich rollout for Xperia™ smartphones

Link here.

Hello everyone. We’d like to bring you up to speed with recent developments in our Android 4.0 software rollout.

First up, the rollout plans for the Xperia NXT series (Xperia S, Xperia P and Xperia U) are progressing as planned. The first smartphone to be upgraded will be Xperia S, starting from the end of June. Then Xperia P will follow, whilst Xperia U will receive it a little later in Q3. As always we will keep you in the loop with the latest info as soon as we can.

For our 2011 range, as you know, we began our Ice Cream Sandwich software upgrade with Xperia arc S, Xperia ray and Xperia neo V last month.
    Now, we are happy to confirm that the remaining 2011 smartphones; Xperia arc, Xperia neo, Xperia mini, Xperia mini pro, Xperia pro, Xperia active and Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman will start to receive their updates starting from next week.

This software upgrade will be Android version 4.0.4 and the good news is that this latest version will also be made available for Xperia arc S, Xperia ray and Xperia neo V users, who received Android 4.0.3 the first time around.

In regards to Xperia PLAY, after extensive in house testing with our developer teams and working with our partners, we have concluded that a consistent and stable experience, particularly with gaming, cannot be guaranteed for this smartphone on Ice Cream Sandwich – therefore, we will not make the Android 4.0 upgrade available for Xperia PLAY.

This decision was also verified when we received similar feedback from the developer community; both experienced developers and advanced users, along with game content providers following our ICS beta ROM for unlocked Xperia PLAY smartphones.

Our priority has and always will be, to provide the best possible user experience on Xperia smartphones. In this instance the ICS upgrade would have compromised stability, where we look to ensure a quality gaming experience with games optimized and developed for Xperia PLAY.