[Q] Incredible to PagePlus - CM9-7

Search This thread

derrickg

Apr 20, 2012
Murphy
Mu Verizon contract is up on the 28th and I'm going to flash and switch to PagePlus.
My question is this; After the flash, can I install CM7 or CM9? I was told by a flasher :) that this was not possible.

musical_chairs

Mar 6, 2012
Hi, I'm a Page Plus customer, dinc user, and a recovering ROM flashing addict.

First off, what are you 'flashing' to switch to Page Plus? You just need to dial *22890 to program it, after the ESN is activated on Page Plus.

And really, you can flash whatever ROM you want. If it works on Verizon, it'll work on Page Plus. Of course the usual rules about being rooted, etc. apply... I've used MIUI gb, MIUI ics, AOKP ics, Evervolv ics, and am currently running Ice Cream Senseless because I got tired of the camera issues on the ics roms.

The only thing you need to remember is that you need to use Page Plus's codes when doing OTA programming and PRL updates. It's *22890 to program/activate the phone on Page Plus, and *22891 to update the PRL.

Happy flashing!

Reactions: derrickg

thecodewarrior

Mar 24, 2012
Phone flashing

I know this is really late but hopefully it will help others.

When you get your phone flashed you will more then likely have to be on a stock rom. This is from experience as I am a Page Plus dealer. Many roms do not support either the codes, or the drivers to allow your phones modem to connect with a pc to allow flashing.

Once your flashed to the carrier, you can use whatever rom you want. Keep in mind though that depending on what rom you use, they may access the raidos diffrently and your 3g data may or may not work. You may have to use a stock rom of try several roms before you find a reliable one.

Just a heads up in case someone didnt know, before you switch carriers and get all pissed with support.....aka someone like me. :)

If I am wrong about this please correct me and teach me a new way because I would really like to be able to flash more cm9 phones with out reverting them to stock first. ( just to save time. ) So far the major culprit are motorola phones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I'm a Page Plus customer, dinc user, and a recovering ROM flashing addict.

First off, what are you 'flashing' to switch to Page Plus? You just need to dial *22890 to program it, after the ESN is activated on Page Plus.

And really, you can flash whatever ROM you want. If it works on Verizon, it'll work on Page Plus. Of course the usual rules about being rooted, etc. apply... I've used MIUI gb, MIUI ics, AOKP ics, Evervolv ics, and am currently running Ice Cream Senseless because I got tired of the camera issues on the ics roms.

The only thing you need to remember is that you need to use Page Plus's codes when doing OTA programming and PRL updates. It's *22890 to program/activate the phone on Page Plus, and *22891 to update the PRL.

Happy flashing!