[Q] Xperia z battery draining

Search This thread

vk12fe-gr

Mar 26, 2012
Hellow I'm a happy owner of the xperia z for 10 days, but I'm facing fast battery drain when using the phone. When Im just browsing the phone, battery goes down 1% percent every 3~4 minutes... When gaming battery drops 2-3 % every 5 minutes. I need some help, I didnt charge the phone the first time for 8 hours, but i read it is not necessary. I'm rooted, 4.3 jb, doom kernel v21. I have deleted some of the bloatware and i don't have WiFi and data on all the time. Also media server sometimes goes up to 21% in battery usage.

St.Jimmy90

Jul 31, 2013
Frankfurt
Hellow I'm a happy owner of the xperia z for 10 days, but I'm facing fast battery drain when using the phone. When Im just browsing the phone, battery goes down 1% percent every 3~4 minutes... When gaming battery drops 2-3 % every 5 minutes. I need some help, I didnt charge the phone the first time for 8 hours, but i read it is not necessary. I'm rooted, 4.3 jb, doom kernel v21. I have deleted some of the bloatware and i don't have WiFi and data on all the time. Also media server sometimes goes up to 21% in battery usage.

That battery drainage seems normal to me. Playing games needs alot of battery. Battery usage depends on several things, how high is the screen brightness etc.. To your media server: are you listening to music with your phone? Or watching videos? All this is done by media server.

vk12fe-gr

Mar 26, 2012
That battery drainage seems normal to me. Playing games needs alot of battery. Battery usage depends on several things, how high is the screen brightness etc.. To your media server: are you listening to music with your phone? Or watching videos? All this is done by media server.
Some people are reporting 5 hours on screen time. If I game for one hour, i can barely get 3 hours on screen time. My usage is 30 minutes Web, music. For about one hour and a half, gaming 1 hour tops, and some browsing the phone.

St.Jimmy90

Jul 31, 2013
Frankfurt
Some people are reporting 5 hours on screen time. If I game for one hour, i can barely get 3 hours on screen time. My usage is 30 minutes Web, music. For about one hour and a half, gaming 1 hour tops, and some browsing the phone.

Stop gaming and you'll see that you will get 5 hours... Playing is what drains your battery that fast

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
1% every 3 minutes or so is not excessive drain. If you do the calculations, then that works out to 300 minutes to fully drain the battery, or 5 hours.
As the phone is new, it will take a few charge cycles for the battery to reach full capacity anyway, so see what the battery life is doing in a week or so. :)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

vk12fe-gr

Mar 26, 2012
1% every 3 minutes or so is not excessive drain. If you do the calculations, then that works out to 300 minutes to fully drain the battery, or 5 hours.
As the phone is new, it will take a few charge cycles for the battery to reach full capacity anyway, so see what the battery life is doing in a week or so. :)

As i know is not good to totally drain the battery. For example, i was talking to the phone and had wifi on right now, and my. Battery has gone down 14% in the last thirty minutes. My on screen time is at almost 2 hours, without gaming, and my. Battery level is at 43%
Edit i set screen brightness to 35%, my battery level is 41%. Sometines phone draws 1% every 2 and half minutes.

Last edited:

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Yes, I know you shouldn't completely drain the battery. Total screen time calculations should be based on the full capacity though, or I could say I only get 1 hour screen on because I always recharge the battery at 80%! (I don't. It's an example).
Using the phone in different ways will drain the battery faster than others. The battery usage you described in your first post is not unusually high and will probably improve after a few charge cycles. ;)

vk12fe-gr

Mar 26, 2012
Yes, I know you shouldn't completely drain the battery. Total screen time calculations should be based on the full capacity though, or I could say I only get 1 hour screen on because I always recharge the battery at 80%! (I don't. It's an example).
Using the phone in different ways will drain the battery faster than others. The battery usage you described in your first post is not unusually high and will probably improve after a few charge cycles. ;)

Okay, let's hope battery improves. Thanks for the info. No what I really wait for its kit kat official >:)