[Q] Help for moving apps to sd card...

Search This thread

souvikdasxpem

Apr 17, 2014
Kolkata
I hv a xperia m (C1904) and hv updated to stock firmware 4.3 (15.4.A.1.9). I hv also rooted it via towelroot and hv used root checker pro to find that "your device has proper root access". Now when i use this method to transfer files to sd card via link2sd by this method
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2142844
it does not work. As sooon i create the mount script (on ext2 partiton) my phone automatically boots and gets stuck on bootloop. When i remove my sd card it boots normal. No clue.
So i tried Foldermount (again bootloop), GL to sd (again bootloop), apps2sd, still no succees..

P.S; i am using SanDisk 16 Gb class 10 mmc.
P.s; if the solution is to flash a custom ftf, then i hv another question, i can't download ftf files, when i click "download anyway" on google drive (any ftf file) the google chrome takes over the download and it always goes above 50% and then fails (sometime at 60% sometime at 50% like this..)
It always fails downloading,,,,,,..

plz help me...:eek:

P.s; I hv a locked bootloader..

gadgetroid

Feb 21, 2012
Mysore
gadgetroid.wordpress.com
I hv a xperia m (C1904) and hv updated to stock firmware 4.3 (15.4.A.1.9). I hv also rooted it via towelroot and hv used root checker pro to find that "your device has proper root access". Now when i use this method to transfer files to sd card via link2sd by this method
it does not work. As sooon i create the mount script (on ext2 partiton) my phone automatically boots and gets stuck on bootloop. When i remove my sd card it boots normal. No clue.
So i tried Foldermount (again bootloop), GL to sd (again bootloop), apps2sd, still no succees..

P.s; if the solution is to flash a custom ftf, then i hv another question, i can't download ftf files, when i click "download anyway" on google drive (any ftf file) the google chrome takes over the download and it always goes above 50% and then fails (sometime at 60% sometime at 50% like this..)

Hello there. I've addressed this issue on my help thread here . Link2SD doesn't work in your case. There is one other way.

Reactions: souvikdasxpem

syedafzal.shah

Dec 29, 2013
warangal, Telangana

Swap Memory...

nimaarya3

Jun 10, 2014
Link2SD Problam

App2SD is not supported by your device. Because your device has a primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage. You can link the app in order to move its files to your SD card.
device sony m dual android 4.3

What can I do?

Thanks

jmjjaison

Nov 3, 2013
It is because u haven't got the full root. What u have done with towel root is just the half root. Look up for the full rooting method using towel root thread

Sent from my C1904 using XDA Free mobile app

souvikdasxpem

Apr 17, 2014
Kolkata
-----

i completely unroot my phone and then full-rooted it by towel root, busybox and remountreboot fix....ok that's fine...but now i create a partition in my mmc and install link2sd and create mount script...the phone reboots with success...but only linking is possible ...the move 2 sd option is now highlighted but it says "Apps2sd is not supported by ur device..."" fine i'm using gl to sd....now...thanks for the help...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello there. I've addressed this issue on my help thread here . Link2SD doesn't work in your case. There is one other way.

Swap Memory...
    Link2SD Problam

App2SD is not supported by your device. Because your device has a primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage. You can link the app in order to move its files to your SD card.
    device sony m dual android 4.3

What can I do?

Thanks
    It is because u haven't got the full root. What u have done with towel root is just the half root. Look up for the full rooting method using towel root thread

Sent from my C1904 using XDA Free mobile app
    As mentioned, find a root fix and apply it.

After that, swap your memory. Either by script or init.d.