Reliable Notifications for Non-Samsung Devices

Search This thread

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
Using the stock notification app on the Gear? How did it go, very keen to hear a solution if found :D

You received this notification with this method?(notisync,notifier pro)

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

No via gear manager.. needs further testing to be done tho ! I cant get it working on cyanogenmod which is a huge shame..

Im going to reflash google play edition and try agian.

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
Confirmed SMS & gmail notifications working on google play edition !

Gear manager completely working !

Once I figure out what exactly gear manager depends on to work, I will post further information.

Last edited:

silvermick27

Nov 21, 2013

Once I figure out what exactly gear manager depends on to work, I will post further information.

Google play édition with Samsung phone? Or every phone?
Because i Have an htc one i Can install à Google play edition rom It is sure?

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
Google play édition with Samsung phone? Or every phone?
Because i Have an htc one i Can install à Google play edition rom It is sure?

This is difficult to say ! I believe the reason why notifications dont work on cyanogenmod is because its missing a notification commit.

Galaxy S4's were not compatible with the gears upon release, it wasn't untill Samsung released a patch that they were.. I remember this patch having to do specifically with the way notifications behave.. it has nothing to do with the TouchWiz framework.. the framework only plays a small part of this.

I have successfully installed all the APK's gear manager requires on cyanogenmod, although the notification still dont work..

Although I have successfully received notifications on the 4.3 GPE. In saying that tho it refuses to work on kitkat GPE, I believe in order for gear manager to work on kitkat it must be updated.

Was a step in the right direction, although still a failure.. If we can get gear manager working on cyanogenmod, it will allow any device to take advantage of the features of the gear.

Last edited:

qjai

Aug 25, 2010
GTA
do you need root to enable accessibility? notifierpro force closes when i try to enable it. (root on galaxy gear i mean)

qjai

Aug 25, 2010
GTA
You're only going to get it using null_ rom (which is prerooted)

thanks. i got it set up. but then notifications arent showing.

null rom with accessibility enabled for both notifierpro on the watch and accessibility for notisync on the phone. any help will be appreciated. thanks

qjai

Aug 25, 2010
GTA
thanks. i got it set up. but then notifications arent showing.

null rom with accessibility enabled for both notifierpro on the watch and accessibility for notisync on the phone. any help will be appreciated. thanks

nevermind. got it to work. but keeps randomly disconnecting. so maybe ill try atn manager

aferreiro

Sep 20, 2007
nevermind. got it to work. but keeps randomly disconnecting. so maybe ill try atn manager

I'm having the same problem, not receiven notifications at all on the watch from notisync. What did you do to solve the problem?

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

I've got it working. I just had to give internet access to the gear for a few moments. For those with battery issues, try disabling internet tethering. Notisync will work anyway after that.

Ep3n3wp

Aug 8, 2010
Newport beach
Gonna give this a shot when I get home and can load onto gear.. I'm running null23 now.. Hopefully it works.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Enigma Hall

Nov 4, 2012
Maybe the Android version can be the problem. This solution work to 4.3 and higher only? Because Atn only work this way. My is 4.1 Jelly beam.

Ep3n3wp

Aug 8, 2010
Newport beach
Only thing I dont like Is when I click the notification it doesn't do anything but clear..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

brada1983

Dec 3, 2009
Zaprešić
What about CM? Did anyone manage to solve anything? I can't wait to ditch TW roms on my Note 3.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Enigma Hall

Nov 4, 2012
not working for me. Calls ok. But no facebook notifications. What im doing wrong?
Edit: I dont know Why, But now is working alone. O_O

Last edited:

Sichroteph

Mar 15, 2009
In another field, if you receive on your phone a notification when the galaxy gear is disconnected, then this thread here can be interesting since it can lock your phone when your device is disconnected.

It takes virtually no battery, and root is not needed.
The trick is that it will not track the device itselft, but the notification Android make when the device is connected/disconnected.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've finally figured a way to get good looking functional notifications for the Gear using a Moto X.

1. Install NotiSync on both devices. Set your phone as primary and Gear as secondary

2. Install NotifierPro Free on your Gear. Enable notification accessibility in Gear settings.

3. Make sure NotiSync is checked off in NotifierPro Settings.

4. Set up custom profiles on NotiSync on your phone for all apps you want notifications sent to the gear.

5. NotifierPro Free, set position below status bar and make sure wake on notification is on.

This has worked very well for me. It presents a drop down translucent banner for my notifications and seems to be very reliable.

Setup:
    NotiSync -> Phone

NotiSync + NotifierPro Free -> Gear

Tell NotifierPro to show NotiSync notifications.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

How do you find battery life? Usually this type of method smashes the battery

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Watch has been unplugged for about 8 hours now with consistent notifications during that time. My current battery percentage is at 93%. Much better than what I was getting with Tablet Notifier.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk