[Q] Red colour HTC One paint wearing off

Search This thread

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Hi guys. I have a red HTC One. Now, ive dropped it a few times. Ive noticed that the red paint has started wearing off and the silver patches can now be seen. The most damage has happened on the bottom edge of the phone. Sadly, the damage is visible eben with the flip cover on. I know its not a really big issue, but the phone is really beautifully designed and its a pity that the drops have messed the phone. Is there a kind of paint or something that can mask the damage? I understand the body cannot be repaired as its unibody.

I would appreciate any kind of help. Thanks

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hi guys. I have a red HTC One. Now, ive dropped it a few times. Ive noticed that the red paint has started wearing off and the silver patches can now be seen. The most damage has happened on the bottom edge of the phone. Sadly, the damage is visible eben with the flip cover on. I know its not a really big issue, but the phone is really beautifully designed and its a pity that the drops have messed the phone. Is there a kind of paint or something that can mask the damage? I understand the body cannot be repaired as its unibody.

bring your phone to any car paint supplier so they can scan your phone color and make you a 2 oz bottle of paint (used for touch up on car)

Reactions: raghav kapur

Uzephi

Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
I don't know if you went that route, but you could always use modeling paint. Did that on my blue one and looks superb. Like there was no paint missing.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Uzephi

Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
It was a clear metallic blue from hobby lobby if memory serves correctly. The silver didn't chip off so I used clear blue. I forgot if it had metallic chips or not. It was generic blue though. Nothing special like turquoise or baby blue. Just regular clear blue. I have tons of modeling paint, so I can't tell you which bottle I used.

Sent from my XT1526 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

bring your phone to any car paint supplier so they can scan your phone color and make you a 2 oz bottle of paint (used for touch up on car)