including device/moto/stingray/vendorsetup.sh
including device/moto/wingray/vendorsetup.sh
including device/samsung/maguro/vendorsetup.sh
including device/samsung/toro/vendorsetup.sh
including device/ti/panda/vendorsetup.sh
including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh
including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash
build/core/product_config.mk:189: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/*/olympus/cm.mk]]: "device/*/olympus/cm.mk" does not exist. Stop.
Device olympus not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).
Found repository: android_device_motorola_olympus
Duplicate device 'CyanogenMod/android_device_motorola_olympus' found in local_manifest.xml.
build/core/product_config.mk:189: *** _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/*/olympus/cm.mk]]: "device/*/olympus/cm.mk" does not exist. Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'cm_olympus'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

No such item in brunch menu. Try 'breakfast'

I've tried "breakfast" to no avail. I've used multiple guides in trying to do this and always the same outcome... If it helps you can assume I've ran all the same steps (but for the Atrix of course) as in this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1188298

lauterm

Apr 9, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: Davidrd91

ghost_og

Sep 7, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Try this

So while trying to compile an Atrix rom from source after typing:

". build/envsetup.sh && brunch olympus"

I get an error:

. build/envsetup.sh && brunch olympus
including device/motorola/olympus/vendorsetup.sh
Device olympus not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).
Duplicate device 'CyanogenMod/android_device_motorola_olympus' found in local_manifest.xml.

I've tried "breakfast" to no avail. I've used multiple guides in trying to do this and always the same outcome... If it helps you can assume I've ran all the same steps (but for the Atrix of course) as in this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1188298
From your device tree I'm assuming you're trying to build CM9.

Try using the ADT repo instead of the CyanogenMod one. The one you're using does not have a cm.mk file, which is what I think is giving you your error. Can't make something if the instructions aren't there. ;)

Compare the contents of the CM one to the ADT one and you'll see there's a lot of stuff missing.

Also, you may want to try checking out the building CM9 from source link lautern posted above. You'll most likely get better feedback / more experienced eyes to help you out. :)

Reactions: Davidrd91

Davidrd91

Oct 26, 2011
Miami
Thanks guys I'll look into both. And yes it is CM9 I'm trying to compile, I've been using Jokersax's repo and the CM ics branch to compile but i got a little confused between the device files and proprietary. I've started from scratch to make sure everything is fresh and hopefully this time all will go well.

I'll post again when this is all done syncing and I test what I've compiled =]

Davidrd91

Oct 26, 2011
Miami
This time it wouldn't find the "modules". By this I'm assuming it meant the Wi-Fi modules so I tried to compile a kernel. Which failed as well. I don't have the cmd prompt logs to post but I just wanted to ask if you guys know of any guides specific for compiling Cm9 for an Atrix? I'm assuming that its a bit more difficult because the Atrix doesn't come with ics.

Or any guides on how to do so using Jokersax/turls repos?

Thanks in advance everyone :)
Sent from my MB860

ghost_og

Sep 7, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
This time it wouldn't find the "modules". By this I'm assuming it meant the Wi-Fi modules so I tried to compile a kernel. Which failed as well. I don't have the cmd prompt logs to post but I just wanted to ask if you guys know of any guides specific for compiling Cm9 for an Atrix? I'm assuming that its a bit more difficult because the Atrix doesn't come with ics.

Or any guides on how to do so using Jokersax/turls repos?

Thanks in advance everyone :)
Sent from my MB860
See previous suggestion:
Disclaimer: I don't know a ton about this stuff yet either. I have yet to execute a successful build for the Atrix.

Have you looked at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Motorola_Atrix_4G:_Compile_CyanogenMod_(Linux) and http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1442842 ? Are you trying to build CM7 or CM9? If it's CM9 then I don't think the Atrix specific bits are in the CM github. You'll have to overlay joker or turl's github on top of it.

Building CM9

Building CM7 (linked in above quote)

Read both threads. The CM7 one will probably be of more help to you (it has more troubleshooting discussion). Each has links to other useful guides.

Davidrd91

Oct 26, 2011
Miami
So I've read through both posts several times, and now that I have a new laptop its around the 6th time (not exaggerating) that I set up Ubuntu and the "build enviroment" from scratch.
This time though my problem seems to be with java >_<... :confused:

build/core/config.mk:269: *** Error: could not find jdk tools.jar, please install JDK6, which you can download from java.sun.com. Stop.
build/core/config.mk:269: *** Error: could not find jdk tools.jar, please install JDK6, which you can download from java.sun.com. Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'generic_olympus'

I have the correct JDK installed (sun not openjdk) version 1.6.0_31, and looking through the folders I can find the tools.jar file in the directory, I've even tried to point it out by putting:

# Variable ANDROID_JAVA_HOME
ANDROID_JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_31/lib
export ANDROID_JAVA_HOME

into my .bashrc. Also tried changing the ANDROID_JAVA_HOME variable to the HOST_JAVA_TOOLS_JAR variable which seems to be what the build/core/config.mk file cant find.... Yet still no hope :confused:... as of now Im not even worried about the "Device Olympus not found" error as I've had it before. Dont really know how I fixed it but atleast I know I can lol...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks =]

Davidrd91

Oct 26, 2011
Miami
Also I have made sure to update the java alternatives and java -version returns

java -version
java version "1.6.0_31"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_31-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.6-b01, mixed mode)

Which to my knowledge is correct? :confused:

Davidrd91

Oct 26, 2011
Miami
Ok so I fixed the Java problem, and got another Java problem. I'll post all the fixes I find in case others need help with errors. If you know some C programming (which I dont but was
linked to in one of the threads you guys sent me to :D) most errors will have

"build/core/config.mk:269"
The number at the end corresponds to the line 269 in the config.mk file found in build/core directory in your source folder. Going to that line I saw that it ran a script:

"find-jdk-tools-jar.sh"
After doing a search for it I saw that the script in turn looked for the tools.jar file using the variable ANDROID_JAVA_HOME.

"$ANDROID_JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar"
So I added this at the end of my ~/.bashrc

"# Variable ANDROID_JAVA_HOME
ANDROID_JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_31
export ANDROID_JAVA_HOME "

If you look at my last post you'll see I added "/lib" to the end of "ANDROID_JAVA_HOME=..." so the script was looking for:

"ANDROID_JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_31/lib/lib/tools.jar"
^ 2 /libs... that folder doesn't exist.

Now it tells me I'm using the incorrect version of Java. (it says I have 1.6.0_31 and the correct version is just 1.6 or something) I've fixed this before so I'll post again when I see exactly how I did it >_< lol.

Edit: Just ran "sudo apt-get install openjdk-6-jdk" then ran build>lunch>olympus and it's building as we speak. :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: I don't know a ton about this stuff yet either. I have yet to execute a successful build for the Atrix.

Have you looked at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Motorola_Atrix_4G:_Compile_CyanogenMod_(Linux) and http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1442842 ? Are you trying to build CM7 or CM9? If it's CM9 then I don't think the Atrix specific bits are in the CM github. You'll have to overlay joker or turl's github on top of it.
    Try this

So while trying to compile an Atrix rom from source after typing:

". build/envsetup.sh && brunch olympus"

I get an error:

. build/envsetup.sh && brunch olympus
    including device/motorola/olympus/vendorsetup.sh

From your device tree I'm assuming you're trying to build CM9.

Try using the ADT repo instead of the CyanogenMod one. The one you're using does not have a cm.mk file, which is what I think is giving you your error. Can't make something if the instructions aren't there. ;)

Compare the contents of the CM one to the ADT one and you'll see there's a lot of stuff missing.

Also, you may want to try checking out the building CM9 from source link lautern posted above. You'll most likely get better feedback / more experienced eyes to help you out. :)