[REVIEW] Anker 1900 mAh extended battery

Search This thread

/devnull

Mar 6, 2011
I keep data, WiFi and sync on all the time and use auto for display backlight. Easily go 16 hours with light texting (about 20 messages per day, I'm not into texting), some browsing, lots of email and a few phone calls for about 5 - 10 minutes at a time.

dublinz

Mar 17, 2011
Dublin
Here is my battery drain, and i am not easy on my phone, lot of music over bt, skype, and sync are always on.....

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335207576133.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335207576133.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 220

sjknight413

Dec 1, 2009
Brighton, England
Just to let everybody know, support from anker is top notch.

Ordered one and realised after a week of random shutdowns and my device not powering back up occasionally until i charged it for a while that i had been shipped a faulty unit.
Emailed them politely to let them know and they did not hesitate to ship me out a new one the same day after providing them with my current unit's serial number!

x_SCOS_x_ELITE

Dec 30, 2011
Orlando
Just received mine and I know it been less than a day but so far i'm in love. Thanks anker. I will have more serious updates at the end of the week.

/devnull

Mar 6, 2011
Make sure you fully cycle the battery, especially the first time. Expect a few full charge/discharge cycles to gain maximum performance!

jaZzyjeff818

Nov 6, 2010
I see people are getting well over 12 hours of battery life, but how much of that is actual screen on time?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

bruc3lee

Aug 15, 2011
im using one in my htc desire hd and dont really get any more juice from stock battery, dunno weather to get one for my sensation?

/devnull

Mar 6, 2011
I get that with about 2-3.5 hours screen time. It all depends on WiFi or mobile data strength.

It definitely is highly dependent on the strength of both your WiFi and cellular signals as well as how much your display is on and how much of the time your phone (CPU) is on. GPS on is not so much of a big consumer unless you're using navigation. Bluetooth typically isn't a big energy consumer either. I get about the same amount time for the display being on, sometimes more.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA

zerone55

Jul 27, 2011
Philadelphia
I have a question regarding these batteries. Using a fully charged battery, do you guys see batt% at 100% for first couple of hours and then once it starts dropping, it decreases quicker. I am guessing that's because of higher capacity than stock battery and some calibration is needed.

What app or method do yo use to calibration? Will it also fix the batt%?

/devnull

Mar 6, 2011
I have a question regarding these batteries. Using a fully charged battery, do you guys see batt% at 100% for first couple of hours and then once it starts dropping, it decreases quicker. I am guessing that's because of higher capacity than stock battery and some calibration is needed.

What app or method do yo use to calibration? Will it also fix the batt%?

Yeah, I've had that sudden drop happen to me. When it does I take that as a cue to fully charge and discharge my battery (with fast boot disabled).

I haven't bothered to calibrate my battery. Really that is a misnomer, you're really calibrating the operating system since the percentage available is based on the voltage reading from the battery.

I use Battery Monitor Widget to monitor the battery stats. If you have a rooted phone then wipe the battery stats.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA

SIGUEL

Mar 7, 2009
San Juan
Screenshot_2012-04-25-20-18-14.jpg

My first charge/discharge cycle, a major improvement. (Ordroid Bricked Kernel 1.5 Ghz Ondemand)

Sent from my Sensation 4G

Last edited:

micoll

Oct 21, 2009
London
After reading other comments about the excellent customer service at laptopmate, i thought i would see if they would do anything with my faulty battery which is out if the warranty period.

All the comments are spot on. Their service is excellent and they are sending out a replacement to me without me even suggesting it. I just asked if there was anything that I could do to repair the faulty battery.

So now i will reccomend them 100% and hope that the replacement doesn't become faulty too!:D

dublinz

Mar 17, 2011
Dublin
Picture speaks 1000 words

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335515756414.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335515756414.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 158
  • uploadfromtaptalk1335515767386.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335515767386.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 161

kwikie14

Aug 13, 2011
I really want to try this battery because my battery sucks, but they don't ship to Philippines so sad I can't try this amazing battery.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA

shahkam

Jan 22, 2011
Canada
Is stock capacity 1500mah?? I wanna get one but can't find any at 10$ on ebay anymore... They are all like 25 or so and first link it says the item is no more listed

Sent From My Sexy Sensation.

shahkam

Jan 22, 2011
Canada
Does the one from mytouch 4g slide works on the sensation ?? Because i saw another battery it said compatible whit sensation 4g ??

Sent From My Sexy Sensation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some comparisons....

Anker...
    SensationAnker.jpg

Chichitech...
    Chichitech5.jpg

Stock...
    SensationStock.jpg

Conclusion...
    The Anker and Chichitech are the SAME CELL just with a different label. They look exactly the same and both hold a capacity of 1700mah. They do have more capacity than the stock battery but not much by much. My opinion is that if you want a cheap way to get a little more life, get the Anker. If you dont mind spending a couple extra bucks (literally) you should get an Evo 3D battery which is basically the same as the Anker (capacity wise) only it is HTC branded and the temperature reports correctly. Me personally will be using the Evo 3D battery in my Sensation.
    Just ordered one of these - figured, "What the hell, it's only $10 !"

70HCSSTN-W19A_BO_PF_WT_400X300.jpg

From here on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Anker-Extended-...Accessories&hash=item4cf7fedd90#ht_3355wt_981

Will report back with the results...
    I used my scale at work (Police Department- need to weigh drugs exactly :)) and this is what I found.

Stock HTC 1520mAh= 31.54 grams

Anker 1900 mAh = 34.43 grams

Difference of 2.89 grams
    For anyone who wants to see a quantitative test of the Anker battery versus the OEM battery, I wrote a quick review here.
    Objective Battery-life Comparison with Amazing Results

--- removed ---
    Vendor has lied about capacity and ISO-certification, and the thermostat does not work. Also other quality issues.