Is a vertical scrolling ROM possible?

Search This thread
J

jp.26

I was just wondering if anyone has ever made a ROM where the desktop scrolling vertically. Or even vertically and horizontally. Or am I the only person to ever think that would be cool

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
I was just wondering if anyone has ever made a ROM where the desktop scrolling vertically. Or even vertically and horizontally. Or am I the only person to ever think that would be cool

This is more of a launcher issue.

sSLauncher, Lightning Launcher, both have pin features, both allow vertical and horizontal scrolling. Neither are roms, but everything on your homescreen will look exactly as you want it.

Both allow blank canvasses, each is unfettered by rows and columns (grids). Pin feature allows you to put whatever you want on the header or side strip if using horizontal scrolling (say a weather widget) that remains pinned to the top or side as you scroll through whatever you want (widgets, apps, folders, anything).

Learning curve on each is steeper than Nova, Apex, and others, but the effects are limitless.

Pretty much delivers on everything you'd want.

Of the two, sSLauncher is the more polished, but you can't go wrong with either.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Last edited:
J

jp.26

Oh no way that's awesome. I'll definitely give them a try. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is more of a launcher issue.

sSLauncher, Lightning Launcher, both have pin features, both allow vertical and horizontal scrolling. Neither are roms, but everything on your homescreen will look exactly as you want it.

Both allow blank canvasses, each is unfettered by rows and columns (grids). Pin feature allows you to put whatever you want on the header or side strip if using horizontal scrolling (say a weather widget) that remains pinned to the top or side as you scroll through whatever you want (widgets, apps, folders, anything).

Learning curve on each is steeper than Nova, Apex, and others, but the effects are limitless.

Pretty much delivers on everything you'd want.

Of the two, sSLauncher is the more polished, but you can't go wrong with either.

I hope this helps.

Oh no way that's awesome. I'll definitely give them a try. Thank you.

Yeah bro, check out this setup using Lightning Launcher...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioyfamIizTw&feature=youtube_gdata_player