[Noobs Guide] How to get "DN3 (Ditto Note 3)" ROM working in Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Search This thread

srinuscooby

Dec 21, 2012
[Noobs Guide] How to get "DN3 (Ditto Note 3)" ROM working in Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Hi Everyone,

I just now finished installing the ROM successfully :) so i thought i would atleast make this small tutorial for others, thinking it might be helping them. You wouldn't believe me. I haven't slept the whole night (9hrz without gap) to get this ROM working in my note 2.

Now, a few things about my phone. Trust me, you will require this info because you will then understand what your phone and my phone is. So you could have a clear idea on how to start or where to start.

Phone : Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100
Android Version : 4.1.1 (Its the same version that i had since the time i bought the phone, i didn't update or anything.)
Rooted : NO
Recovery : STOCK
Firmware: Indian firmware (sorry, i don't remember the firmware name)

Now, prerequisites...!
◘ A Samsung Galaxy Note II with definite 70% and above battery if you are a beginner.
◘ The data cable that is actually working when connected between phone & laptop.
◘ An external SD card with a minimum of 4 GB storage so that you can place the ROM to flash it through Recovery.
◘ DN3 (Ditto Note 3) ROM from E-team (Electron Team) downloaded & kept ready in your computer, because it's about 1.48 GB size.
[Important: See that the ROM is downloaded without any breaks. Check whether it is the "Download Success" or "Download Fail" in the Download Manager. If the ROM is not successfully downloaded & you continue to flash it into your Note 2. Then you are going to feel very bad (Trust me). So check it & only then be ready to start.]

Procedure...!

First : Rooting
follow this ----> http://beginnerguides.net/root/samsung-galaxy-note-2
rooting related files in the Root.rar

Second : EFS backup
follow this -----> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2255943
EFS backup files in the EFS.rar

Third : Flashing the Philz recovery
follow this ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKfURLDlCRg
Philz recovery file in Recovery.rar

Fourth : Taking a Nandroid backup of the present stock ROM.
follow this -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWbGzUHqOzI
in that your procedure is shown inbetween from 1:25 second to 1:56 second, after 1:56 seconds, do the follow what is being shown, slip back to here and do this ----> Just press the "backup" button and then "yes" , it wil take some time and backup your data, after backup completed, "reboot phone". In the sd card folder called "clockwordmod" will be there. This is the folder your backup is made by philz recovery. copy this entire "clockworkmod" folder to your computer. you will need it in the future. Keep it very safe if u have backed up a stock rom and require warrany.

Fifth : Flashing the DN3 ROM into your phone.
Follow this -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWbGzUHqOzI Now see the full video in the link, do, exactly as he does, but at one point where u will see a selection of modem's (03:32 seconds). If you are from india, select mk4 rom , if u are other country, select mk9.. and on completion follow on screen steps like you saw in the video. In the video u will see wifi working, but here your wifi wont work, so skip there and come back do the 6th step to solve the wifi issue.

Sixth : Flashing the mj5 bootloader for fixing wifi in the Ditto Note 3 ROM
Follow this --->
Open Odin v3.07 from PC, Press PDA tab and select downloaded MJ5 Bootloader
Put device in download mode (Vol dwn + home +power)
Connect device and Flash
MJ5 bootloader file is in
MJ5bootloader.rar

Disclaimer:
As there are many rules over the forums i am restricted to some limit. I apologize. I just gathered all the links of forums that helped me and placed them over here with some quick download links. Also, just like everyone mention, I do alert you, that i am not responsible for any damage caused to your device. I can help you so far. But cannot buy you one if u damaged. Its solely your responsibility. You are the owner and you are responsible to what you might encounter. On reading this, you understand and agree that I'm no way responsible for anything, with this said, you are ready to start yourself.

credits
@iskwl
@thealphapoint
@kethan
@electron team

I'm sorry for english mistakes, but thank you all who read this. If any queries, comment below. Would be helping you...! :)

stebik

Nov 2, 2010
I have one question.
I need to use obligatorily external SD card?
Or I can place to internal too?
All custom roms flashed via external SD ?

Zubair1024

Jun 10, 2012
Bangalore
www.facebook.com
How is the battery drain in this rom? I tired quite a few 4.3 based roms and the battery drain was terrible. So I happily went back to 4.1.2 based rom with perseus kernel minimal ram usage and amazing battery life. So just wanted to know about the battery drain and whether it can be used with the perseus kernel?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

srinuscooby

Dec 21, 2012
Reply....

I have one question.

answer : Yes, OBLIGATORILY external SD card :)
I say internal also can be used, but the operating manner then would be little complicated for which you might land up into a CONFUSED situation. So it's much better to do it through a SD card ;)

Answer : Yes, you can place ,but i told u right :) If u want it complicated, you may :) if you already have an idea about Philz touch recovery & etc, then, step up ;) :p

Answer : You see, most of the people actually try to follow the safe and secure way :) so they do the flash of ROM's from the External SD card :)

Now doubts clarified ? :cowboy:
If got any more :cyclops: , just lemme know :eek:

srinuscooby

Dec 21, 2012
Your Doubts ;) just got clarified :D WiTH SCREENSHOTS :D

How is the battery drain in this rom? I tired quite a few 4.3 based roms and the battery drain was terrible. So I happily went back to 4.1.2 based rom with perseus kernel minimal ram usage and amazing battery life. So just wanted to know about the battery drain and whether it can be used with the perseus kernel?

check out the screenshots attached ;)
You will find out everything u needed :)

check this out for your kernel doubt.... http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48701697&postcount=10216
He said tht those are the settings from his Ditto note 3 rom when using perseus kernel, so thats it :D Voila !
The kernal works :D celebrate :p

in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48018349&postcount=7446
that perseus boy shared his happiness ;) just check out :p
he was using the DItto note 3 rom aswell just like others :D

Attachments

• 2014-01-25-02-38-08.jpg
    2014-01-25-02-38-08.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 482
  • 2014-01-25-02-38-45.png
    2014-01-25-02-38-45.png
    179.6 KB · Views: 440
  • 2014-01-25-02-39-19.png
    2014-01-25-02-39-19.png
    179 KB · Views: 438
  • 2014-01-25-02-46-29.jpg
    2014-01-25-02-46-29.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 390
Reactions: Zubair1024

Zubair1024

Jun 10, 2012
Bangalore
www.facebook.com

check this out for your kernel doubt.... http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48701697&postcount=10216
He said tht those are the settings from his Ditto note 3 rom when using perseus kernel, so thats it :D Voila !

Wow... Thanks for the information ... Now I'll definitely flash this rom!

bigpoppapaul

Sep 11, 2006
Ok, I'm looking to do this myself, I'm on a i317 (at&t lte variant) and have found the ROM for that version. My question is, I was told that it would be "trickier" to flash the custom ROM because I have already updated my phone to 4.3 stock. Now I'm aware that flashing the custom ROM will now void my warranty, that is not my concern, my question is what will make it "trickier?" I was not able to receive a response from the person that said this, and now I'm just trying to gather info before attempting this.

Artstar

Dec 29, 2012
My question is, I was told that it would be "trickier" to flash the custom ROM because I have already updated my phone to 4.3 stock.

I was under the same impression after I upgraded my N7105T (Australia - Telstra) to 4.3 as well.

The reality is that it is not trickier in the slightest. What did happen for me upon the initial flashing of the ROM from Philz recovery was that I was stuck on the initial boot logo until I pulled out the battery and restarted my phone in Philz recovery again. I then flashed the bootloader, thinking that was why it got stuck. After that, all went just fine after performing the installation/flashing again in Philz recovery. I performed a reboot into recovery after the install was completed, factory reset the handset and all was fine thereafter. I was able to restore my data as well as the majority of my apps. Some needed reinstallation, such as phone banking for obvious reasons but all in all, it was very much the painless process.

I'm really happy with it now. I just recently flashed it with the AGNi kernel as well, which was a nice improvement though I've changed from the zzmove battery profile to zzmove optimised profile to see if I still get any issues with apps slowing down to a grinding halt before needing a reboot of the handset to get it back up to speed again.

ibblaw77

Oct 20, 2013
4.3 bootloader for n7105

I was under the same impression after I upgraded my N7105T (Australia - Telstra) to 4.3 as well.

The reality is that it is not trickier in the slightest. What did happen for me upon the initial flashing of the ROM from Philz recovery was that I was stuck on the initial boot logo until I pulled out the battery and restarted my phone in Philz recovery again. I then flashed the bootloader, thinking that was why it got stuck. After that, all went just fine after performing the installation/flashing again in Philz recovery. I performed a reboot into recovery after the install was completed, factory reset the handset and all was fine thereafter. I was able to restore my data as well as the majority of my apps. Some needed reinstallation, such as phone banking for obvious reasons but all in all, it was very much the painless process.

I'm really happy with it now. I just recently flashed it with the AGNi kernel as well, which was a nice improvement though I've changed from the zzmove battery profile to zzmove optimised profile to see if I still get any issues with apps slowing down to a grinding halt before needing a reboot of the handset to get it back up to speed again.

Hi please where can I download the 4.3 bootloader for n7105? I already flashed the rom but wife not working. Devil kernel not working well too.

Artstar

Dec 29, 2012
Hi please where can I download the 4.3 bootloader for n7105? I already flashed the rom but wife not working. Devil kernel not working well too.

Was it absolutely necessary for you to quote my entire message when it had very little to do with your question? Please just use the reply button instead of the reply with quoting next time. It will clutter the forums a lot less.

As for your wife not working, I would suggest a divorce.

For the rest of the things you're seeking, I searched the forum and found everything I needed.

ibblaw77

Oct 20, 2013
Sorry quoting yoi

Sorry I quoted your entire post.

If I had an answer, I won't border asking for help cos I still can't see how you have helped me with your post.

Thanks anyway

Reactions: ronin63

Artstar

Dec 29, 2012
In searching through the forums and Google, I found only bootloaders for N7100. What I did find was recommendations to simply upgrade to the official Samsung 4.3 release using Kies and then following the installation procedure for DN3.

Not sure why I'm only seeing N7100 versions of the MJ5 bootloader but everything is smooth on my N7105T with the MK2 bootloader.

Last edited:

bigpoppapaul

Sep 11, 2006

Thanks for the response, I ended up doing it and much like yourself, it went beautifully. I'm quite happy with it. I haven't really had any kernel issues so I'm hesitant to flash other ones unless they greatly improve something. Did you flash the the new kernel because of the app slowdown issue you were having? Or just to improve performance in general?

Artstar

Dec 29, 2012
It was to beef up the phone's performance in terms of power consumption but that seemed to work against me.

"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar

GaboCed

Aug 18, 2012
Santo Domingo
Note 2 i317, AT&T variant WiFi not working

Hi Everyone,

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Now, prerequisites...!

Procedure...!

Disclaimer:

credits

The rom works like a charm, except for a gimmick: The WiFi is not working. Tried flashing a wifi patch and it worked, but then the camera stopped working. After hours trying to make the camera work, now it does but the wifi does not.
When I try turning the WiFi on it just switches off automatically. Also flashed Devil Kernel, Toooiiko (or something of the sorts) kernel, and they just made the problem worse by fixing the wifi but no camera AND no mobile network of any kind. :rolleyes

Any ideas/suggestions are more than welcome.

joshjk

Aug 3, 2012
The rom works like a charm, except for a gimmick: The WiFi is not working. Tried flashing a wifi patch and it worked, but then the camera stopped working. After hours trying to make the camera work, now it does but the wifi does not.
When I try turning the WiFi on it just switches off automatically. Also flashed Devil Kernel, Toooiiko (or something of the sorts) kernel, and they just made the problem worse by fixing the wifi but no camera AND no mobile network of any kind. :rolleyes

Any ideas/suggestions are more than welcome.

Have u tried AIO fix, clear davik and cache.
I also had the same issue, after clean install with AIO fix and clear cache, it worked fine

jbainesy

"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar

Hey Artstar,

I realize you don't like people quoting your entire posts so I thought I'd keep this one brief (not understanding 100% how XDA internals work, I wanted to make sure I got your attention by quoting you at least).

ANYWAYS :)

I have updated to 4.3 stock (vodafone) which turns out to be ML5 (from memory, phone is not working 100% right now).

Can I please ask (beg, lol) for a link to the bootloader you "flashed" to fix your problem? I've just:

1. updated to 4.3 stock
2. followed instructions on the DN3 V5 ROM install...

Now the first thing I've noticed is my phone won't detect my sim card :-/ So, into my old HTC my sim card goes! I need a phone for the morning, but would ideally like to have a note 2 with working DN3 rom... If you can help at all it would be GREATLY appreciated, as you said; I can't find a bootloader for the GT-N7105T... there are plenty for the other variants, but I really am having trouble finding one for ours.

This is very hopeful that my vodafone model is the same as your tesltra model based on the actual model number, but regardless I've got (and admittedly, I'm guessing a bit here) a dud bootloader installed and would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance mate, any help is much appreciated. I have searched the entire note 2 thread - perhaps my search skills are not up to scratch or perhaps there is no bootloader and I'm not understanding your instructions correctly.

Cheers!

Nazim Malik

Apr 15, 2014
Hi I am at official 4.3 jelly bean and my galaxy note2 GT N7100 is rooted and I want install ditto note 3 v5 rom on galaxy note 2 GT N7100 can you tell me proper steps from beginning how to install this rom on my phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi Everyone,

I just now finished installing the ROM successfully :) so i thought i would atleast make this small tutorial for others, thinking it might be helping them. You wouldn't believe me. I haven't slept the whole night (9hrz without gap) to get this ROM working in my note 2.

Now, a few things about my phone. Trust me, you will require this info because you will then understand what your phone and my phone is. So you could have a clear idea on how to start or where to start.

Phone : Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100
    Android Version : 4.1.1 (Its the same version that i had since the time i bought the phone, i didn't update or anything.)
    Rooted : NO
    Recovery : STOCK
    Firmware: Indian firmware (sorry, i don't remember the firmware name)

Now, prerequisites...!
    ◘ A Samsung Galaxy Note II with definite 70% and above battery if you are a beginner.
    ◘ The data cable that is actually working when connected between phone & laptop.
    ◘ An external SD card with a minimum of 4 GB storage so that you can place the ROM to flash it through Recovery.
    ◘ DN3 (Ditto Note 3) ROM from E-team (Electron Team) downloaded & kept ready in your computer, because it's about 1.48 GB size.
    [Important: See that the ROM is downloaded without any breaks. Check whether it is the "Download Success" or "Download Fail" in the Download Manager. If the ROM is not successfully downloaded & you continue to flash it into your Note 2. Then you are going to feel very bad (Trust me). So check it & only then be ready to start.]

Procedure...!

First : Rooting
    follow this ----> http://beginnerguides.net/root/samsung-galaxy-note-2
    rooting related files in the Root.rar

Second : EFS backup
    follow this -----> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2255943
    EFS backup files in the EFS.rar

Third : Flashing the Philz recovery
    follow this ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKfURLDlCRg
    Philz recovery file in Recovery.rar

Fourth : Taking a Nandroid backup of the present stock ROM.
    follow this -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWbGzUHqOzI
    in that your procedure is shown inbetween from 1:25 second to 1:56 second, after 1:56 seconds, do the follow what is being shown, slip back to here and do this ----> Just press the "backup" button and then "yes" , it wil take some time and backup your data, after backup completed, "reboot phone". In the sd card folder called "clockwordmod" will be there. This is the folder your backup is made by philz recovery. copy this entire "clockworkmod" folder to your computer. you will need it in the future. Keep it very safe if u have backed up a stock rom and require warrany.

Fifth : Flashing the DN3 ROM into your phone.
    Follow this -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWbGzUHqOzI Now see the full video in the link, do, exactly as he does, but at one point where u will see a selection of modem's (03:32 seconds). If you are from india, select mk4 rom , if u are other country, select mk9.. and on completion follow on screen steps like you saw in the video. In the video u will see wifi working, but here your wifi wont work, so skip there and come back do the 6th step to solve the wifi issue.

Sixth : Flashing the mj5 bootloader for fixing wifi in the Ditto Note 3 ROM
    Follow this --->
    Open Odin v3.07 from PC, Press PDA tab and select downloaded MJ5 Bootloader
    Put device in download mode (Vol dwn + home +power)
    Connect device and Flash
    MJ5 bootloader file is in
    MJ5bootloader.rar

Disclaimer:
    As there are many rules over the forums i am restricted to some limit. I apologize. I just gathered all the links of forums that helped me and placed them over here with some quick download links. Also, just like everyone mention, I do alert you, that i am not responsible for any damage caused to your device. I can help you so far. But cannot buy you one if u damaged. Its solely your responsibility. You are the owner and you are responsible to what you might encounter. On reading this, you understand and agree that I'm no way responsible for anything, with this said, you are ready to start yourself.

credits
    @iskwl
    @thealphapoint
    @kethan
    @electron team

I'm sorry for english mistakes, but thank you all who read this. If any queries, comment below. Would be helping you...! :)
    Your Doubts ;) just got clarified :D WiTH SCREENSHOTS :D

Sorry quoting yoi

Sorry I quoted your entire post.

If I had an answer, I won't border asking for help cos I still can't see how you have helped me with your post.

Thanks anyway