Turn off notification for battery fully charged

Search This thread

samsat

Apr 5, 2007
ex Johannesburg now SoCal
Here is the reply from LG

"Thank you so much for contacting LG Electronics USA!

We can understand how frustrated and annoyed you must be about this feature and we would like to help you run this option off, but unfortunately there is no setting or option on the phone were it can be disabled. By the moment thee is no information of when a software update will be released for this model, but whenever an update is released, you will get a notification in your phone.
I am so sorry to have to disappoint you in this matter and I truly wish I had a more favorable answer for you."

I just got my phone yesterday. After the first full charge I got the confirmation vibrate/beep but the subsequent top up charges were silent once 100% was reached.

Reactions: codified

pwhooftman

Jun 23, 2008
This seems to work....

This seems to work for me (device rooted, XPosed and G3 TweaksBox installed):

- turn off battery saving mode (Settings, Battery)
- tick the folowing boxes in G3 TweaksBox, Notification Tweaks:

- Disable Charging unplug notifications
- Hide Battery Full notification
- Hide AC Charging notification
- Hide Slow Charging Notification
- Hide Wireless Charging dialog
- Hide the Battery Saver notification

- reboot

Before that, when the charge reached 100%, a notification + buzz + sound would appear. First every 5 minutes, but then rapdly increasing to sometimes consecutive notifications (great, buzz, pling, buzz, pling, buzz, pling in the middle of the night). It has been quiet now for an hour, so i keep my fingers crossed.

downside: Xposed is not compatible with ART runtime (doesn't matter if you don't know what ART is)

Its ridicilous, alle those notifications even cost more energy than is supposed to be saved by this stupid feature. Its a shame customers of LG have to reside to rooting their device.

Last edited:

h16h

Feb 20, 2011
Reporting same issue on T-Mobile LG G3, I thought my charging port was screwed until I saw threads like this one.

Does anyone know if there is a LG support forum to raise bugs and issues?

LG-D851 / 4.4.2 / Kernal 3.4.0
Build: KVT49L.D85110c

douggefreshvt

Aug 27, 2014
I may have a solution

I noticed on my Verizon G3 the other night that after the battery reaches 100% that the phone then continues to notify you with a vibration and a tone about every 10 seconds.. very annoying. Clearing the notification does not make it go away.. the only thing you can do is unplug. This is very annoying especially if you're like me and leave your phone charging all night long. It also turns the screen on for a few seconds every time the notification goes off.

I checked my wife's Sprint model and noticed she doesn't have this problem. Anyone else notice this and what model do you have? ...and have you found a solution?

For now I've been keeping my phone in a drawer so it doesn't wake me but Im thinking about putting it on an outlet with a timer.. Im assuming because this is not an AMOLED screen that we do not have to worry about screen burn in? or do we?

I've submitted a request to @P_Toti to hopefully get a mod to disable this using the G3 TweaksBox app.

I have had this phone now for several weeks. I've found that while charging using the USB cable connected to a USB port, whether it be a computer or a USB wall outlet, the notification does not stop. It goes off every couple of minutes. It is my belief that the USB plus is being told by the phone to stop charging, it stops the flow, the phone depletes 1%, the charging begins again and thus the cycle continues. When plugged into the LG supplied wall plug charger, OR a 3rd party wall plug charger with a 10ft USB, I have not experienced any of these issues. SO, my advice is to stick with plugging your USB into the wallplug charger rather than directly into a USB port for charging.

If you still have these issues, I"m not sure what to tell you but these solved mine.

I have the Verizon version of the G3.

Cyber Warrior

I have had this phone now for several weeks. I've found that while charging using the USB cable connected to a USB port, whether it be a computer or a USB wall outlet, the notification does not stop. It goes off every couple of minutes. It is my belief that the USB plus is being told by the phone to stop charging, it stops the flow, the phone depletes 1%, the charging begins again and thus the cycle continues. When plugged into the LG supplied wall plug charger, OR a 3rd party wall plug charger with a 10ft USB, I have not experienced any of these issues. SO, my advice is to stick with plugging your USB into the wallplug charger rather than directly into a USB port for charging.

If you still have these issues, I"m not sure what to tell you but these solved mine.

I have the Verizon version of the G3.

I'm using an Anker wall charger and a 6 foot cable on my Verizon model..while the Anker meets the charging requirements of the G3..its possible the circuitry is doing as you said charging and then dropping in 1% increments which is what I suspected all along.

My wife's Sprint G3 (who doesn't have this problem) is using the same aftermarket 6 foot cable but with the stock LG wall charger.

My Anker has the same specs as the stock wall charger but it's possible the Ankers built in protection is causing the full charge to drop and then re-charge.

I'll have to test with the LG stock wall charger tonight..thanks for the suggestion.

douggefreshvt

Aug 27, 2014
I'm using an Anker wall charger and a 6 foot cable I'm my Verizon model..while the Anker meets the charging requirements of the G3..its possible the circuitry is doing as you said charging and then dropping in 1% increments which is what I suspected all along.

My wife's Sprint G3 (who doesn't have this problem) is using the same aftermarket 6 foot cable but with the stock LG wall charger.

My Anker has the same specs as the stock wall charger but it's possible the Ankers built in protection is causing the full charge to drop and then re-charge.

I'll have to test with the LG stock wall charger tonight..thanks for the suggestion.

No problem. I hope it works for you. I'm using a PowerGen 3rd party wall charger with a cheapo XLO 10ft cable I got on Amazon.

GTCC

Jan 18, 2013

That is how it is supposed to work, or at least that is how I thought that they stop the batteries from over charging.

samsat

Apr 5, 2007
ex Johannesburg now SoCal
I have had the phone for nearly 2 weeks now.
Besides the very first time, I have not had the tone/buzz notification when full.
I have not tried using the charger the phone came with. I use a USB cable plugged into a usb socket built into the wall plug next to my bed.
I do get a short confirmation tone as the cable is plugged into the phone.

yosisndr

Feb 12, 2007
I think that in slow charging it does not do it,
I am connecting my LG G3 to the computer via powered usb hub and it does not make a sound all night. But when charging from a wall charger it will o every 10 to 15 seconds and i must unplug it

scottco189

Dec 30, 2012
AT&T LG G3 battery full notification

I had the same issue, and as soon as I began using the original battery charging chord and USB plug adaptor the battery full notification stopped/never came back.

macintn

May 24, 2013
This works for me

I have a Verizon LG G3, and this works for me:

To avoid the repeated Battery Fully Charged notification, plug your phone charger into the phone. Then go into Settings>General>Battery (under Phone Management), and select Battery Information. You should see a graph of Battery Usage Level. Turn the phone off using the button on the back. You should get one notification when the battery is fully charged and the notification LED will turn from red to green. Note: if you receive a call, text or voice message, you'll probably have to repeat the steps.

u1988

Dec 22, 2011
You should complain to LG Mostly Non-rood Users...than LG have to fix it in the next Updates...

onetwopunch

Nov 29, 2014
ifttt

Light Manager is for the notification light. Whats happening is the phone vibrates, makes a tone, and turns the screen on every 10 seconds or so.

I noticed last night that it does eventually stop notifying after a while.. I think. I plugged in around 11pm.. some time around 4am it woke me up, I continued to monitor the notification trigger every ~10 seconds for about an hour.. I finally put it in the drawer so I can get some sleep.. when I woke up around 9am I noticed it was no longer notifying me every ~10 seconds that the battery was charged. So I'm not sure what's going on. I have my Verizon model and my wife's Sprint model (which doesn't have this problem) both using the same type of usb cable, charger and wall outlet so I know its not a low power issue coming from the charger.

You can since this using an app called If this Then That. It allows me to silence the phone at say 11pm when i go to bed then turn it back up in the morning. Just solves the symptoms, but its a good solution if you don't want to root the phone.

DelBoy

Nov 29, 2009
You can use Tasker to avoid this.

Create two profiles.

Battery mute:
State > Battery level between 99% and 100%
State > Power = Any

Invoke the following action: Notification volume = 0.

Then create an unmute profile:
Event > Battery Full triggers Notification level = (whatever level you like)

Explanation:

Only notifications are silenced, not the ringer. You will only miss alerts while the battery is charging and is at 99%. As soon as it hits 100%, the second profile turns the alerts back on.

Reactions: bachterman

whistlerva

Mar 28, 2015
"Remove" LG G3 Full Battery alert (root only)

After downloading and changing the extension of the attached file from .doc to .ogg., use a root file manager to go into system/media/audio/ui and replace the current BatteryFull.ogg. It's a sound file with no sound. The phone will still register a full battery and try to notify you it but you won't hear a thing.

Attachments

• FullBattery.doc
    81.6 KB · Views: 471
Reactions: gfunkzero

gfunkzero

Aug 14, 2010
I rooted and found [ /system/media/audio/FullBattery.ogg ] and renamed this audio file. It'll still vibrate, but no sound now. When you long press the notification, it says its part of "System UI" so it looks like its not easily removable.

This is a good fix for the sound but even then, the phone vibrating every 15 seconds for 3-4 hours cant be good for the motor..

Id rather not use xposed until its out of beta

Considering how long the phone takes to charge and the fact most people leave it by their bed overnight LG really needs to sort this out.

sireebob

Oct 22, 2010
Use App Ops to remove the Vibrate permission from System UI. Combine this with the FullBattery.ogg trick mentioned earlier (and optionally do the same for LG_Cable_Connect.ogg) and you are set, but rather than download the .doc you can just copy the existing SilentRing.ogg to take the place of the offending file. I have yet to notice any side effects from doing this and other apps can still vibrate.
Both of these tasks require root. There are apps which can access the underlying AppOps implementation by installing themselves to the system and rebooting. These are available on the Play Store. Some might stubbornly refuse to let you alter system app permissions, but the one by nowsky worked for me; simply find System UI under Media and turn Vibrate off. Alternatively, if you install Xposed, you can use AppOpsXposed for this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I noticed on my Verizon G3 the other night that after the battery reaches 100% that the phone then continues to notify you with a vibration and a tone about every 10 seconds.. very annoying. Clearing the notification does not make it go away.. the only thing you can do is unplug. This is very annoying especially if you're like me and leave your phone charging all night long. It also turns the screen on for a few seconds every time the notification goes off.

I checked my wife's Sprint model and noticed she doesn't have this problem. Anyone else notice this and what model do you have? ...and have you found a solution?

For now I've been keeping my phone in a drawer so it doesn't wake me but Im thinking about putting it on an outlet with a timer.. Im assuming because this is not an AMOLED screen that we do not have to worry about screen burn in? or do we?

I've submitted a request to @P_Toti to hopefully get a mod to disable this using the G3 TweaksBox app.
    My T-Mobile D851 does the same crap. So annoying.
    Weird. My T-Mobile version doesn't do that.
    I rooted and found [ /system/media/audio/FullBattery.ogg ] and renamed this audio file. It'll still vibrate, but no sound now. When you long press the notification, it says its part of "System UI" so it looks like its not easily removable.
    Here is the reply from LG

"Thank you so much for contacting LG Electronics USA!

We can understand how frustrated and annoyed you must be about this feature and we would like to help you run this option off, but unfortunately there is no setting or option on the phone were it can be disabled. By the moment thee is no information of when a software update will be released for this model, but whenever an update is released, you will get a notification in your phone.
    I am so sorry to have to disappoint you in this matter and I truly wish I had a more favorable answer for you."

I just got my phone yesterday. After the first full charge I got the confirmation vibrate/beep but the subsequent top up charges were silent once 100% was reached.