MOTO G won't charge.

Search This thread

drag00n619

Apr 30, 2013
Islamabad
Well maybe you will have some luck at some time.
I do know that when in fastboot that the vol up is the (select) or (enter) function.
Using the power button only tries to reboot.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

I would look at getting to the battery as mentioned earlier.
It takes either a t4 or t5 torx screwdriver and remove the about 10 screws and the cover so you can disconnect to battery.

Ah yes. That explains it. Power button might be rebooting it again.
And yea, I'll get my hands on a torx screwdriver since I don't have one at home right now and will give an update.
I only have to disconnect and then reconnect the battery again, right?

3RAN7ON

Nov 12, 2013
Phoenix
Ok, so I did a live chat session and when they asked for my location, they said that this live chat is for support in the USA only. She redirected me to some forums. Went through the forums and everyone suggested the vol down+power button combination. Went to the Indian page where they just had a pdf of their customer service centers in India.

Long story short, no chance of replacement.

wow. So where did you get your phone from?

3RAN7ON

Nov 12, 2013
Phoenix
Well lesson learned I guess...
so are u saying that if you bought it directly from Moto's website they wouldn't ship to your location? If they will, save up and get the new G that's getting ready to drop.
Also wondering:
-what if you go back to the guy you bought it from and see if he would swap it out for you? Ask him to plug it into HIS charger!
-have you unplugged the battery yet? Do the vol/power button pressing sequence while it's unplugged, then let it sit and plug 'er back in. At this point I don't see how it could hurt even if it is the software bug

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And some things I forgot to mention: The phone is totally stock, running KitKat 4.4.4. It's the XT1033. And the original charger's output rating is: 5V-500mA.

It's a known battery bug, sometimes happens... I resolved using the Motorola AC/DC original charger, just leaving it connected for 2 hours then I long pressed the power button (for about 10-15 seconds) until I saw the battery icon. If this doesn't work you could try to open (carefully) your device with a screwdriver, unplug the battery (very easy, you will find a tutorial on YouTube), wait 5 min, plug it again and reassemble it.
    The battery software bug on the G is well known over at Moto- although your case puts a new twist on it :) If you haven't already, check out the forums at their website. The Moto engineers, devs, and other employees regularly cruise those threads and even respond occasionally. Point being, because it is a well known issue, if you can't get some assistance, they will replace your device with their warranty exchange service. I had to do that with my first G and it took less than 48 hrs to get my new phone to me. free. YES it was a rooted and unlocked phone I was exchanging for a brand new device. Because we have to email Moto to get the unlock code, I has apprehensive that the customer service rep would know that mine was UL and tell me I'm SOL. But no, Moto is cool like that. They didn't ask any of those questions and I didn't volunteer the info! So when my new phone came, I UL that & restored a nandroid and have been good to go. That was like 5 months ago.
    I tell you all this to say, cheer up my friend! there is light at the end of the tunnel. Talk to Moto.
    I've been having this issue today as well.
    I am Rooted, bootloader unlocked, and running custom ROMs. XT1031CDMA Boost Model

If I leave on charger it just keeps looping to the white 0% screen then vibrates and trys again, endlessly.
    [even to the point of being dangerously hot]

one thing that finally worked for me was this.
    I already found out if you hold Vol Down while plugging in , then releasing Vol Down, will quickly take you to fastboot screen [haven't seen this mentioned before]

So I would start with that and choose recovery, which would fail because there was not enough battery charge.

I found that if I unplugged the charger and plugged it back in before it vibrated it finally came up to the black screen with the colored 1% charging screen and now it is taking a charge again.
    Which you can verify the charging percentage by pressing the Vol Down button

It took me several attempts to get this right, so just keep trying to unplug/plug during the time after you have chosen to boot to recovery from fastboot mode.

[[also there may have been a Vol Down button press needed too. I am trying to remember all the things and I was trying a lot of different combinations to get it to charge again, so please let me know if that ultimately does or does not work]]

Still nothing :(

One thing I did notice was that, using the original charger, when I select Recovery using the power button it shows a black screen for some time and then goes to the 0% screen. And if I select it with the Vol UP button, it immediately goes to the 0% screen.

Well maybe you will have some luck at some time.
    I do know that when in fastboot that the vol up is the (select) or (enter) function.
    Using the power button only tries to reboot.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

I would look at getting to the battery as mentioned earlier.
    It takes either a t4 or t5 torx screwdriver and remove the about 10 screws and the cover so you can disconnect to battery.