vorta251

May 3, 2013
Hi,

When i received my new S5 (SM-G900F), i did the following in this order:
-CF-autoroot install
-TWRP 2.7.0.0 install
-titanium backup install
-Restored my apps (user apps ) from my S3 (I9300) Omnirom backup to my S5

Since that in the bunch I had dropbox, it seems that I have disrupted something because the promotions (50GB for 2 years) is not triggered:crying:
So I can access my files in dropbox but when I check my account, Dropbox doesn't mention my S5 space upgrade...

Did I blew my chance to get that free space??
Is it a way to repare that??

Thanks !!!

lelik11a

May 20, 2007
Did you already used samsung Dropbox deal on other device? If so, it's only once per account.

vorta251

May 3, 2013
Did you already used samsung Dropbox deal on other device? If so, it's only once per account.

Yes, I used my dropbox account with samsung S3 promotion 2 years ago...
The promotions will end in a few days...

On dropbox site they say:

The first Dropbox account that signs in to the app on the device will get 48 GB of free space (assuming the other conditions are met). Each account is only able to claim this promotion once.

Now I wonder, is promotion from samsung s3 and samsung s5 different or not?
I mean, when my s3 promotions is over , will the S5's one take over or am i out it for good???

RetroFlux

Nov 22, 2006
You could try resetting to factory settings then trying dropbox to get the promotion then restore your titanium backup. Or if you did a nandroid backup of stock once you installed TWRP try restoring that, then try dropbox, once it's registered on your dropbox account restore your titanium backup.

calinormy

Jul 18, 2008
This also happened to me. After s4, s4 active, note 3 and now s5 none of them has bring me another 50 go. It's very very stupid. At least our time should be extended to another 2 years, I don't really need 150 or 200 go but the time is running away... what we should do?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
This sounds like a con. Nowhere on any of Samsung's promotion does it say of you had a previous promotion you won't get this one for your S5. This needs reporting.

yep...complete BS!!!

dropbox pisses me off......im using google drive instead now...screw dropbox

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

This also happened to me. After s4, s4 active, note 3 and now s5 none of them has bring me another 50 go. It's very very stupid. At least our time should be extended to another 2 years, I don't really need 150 or 200 go but the time is running away... what we should do?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

i mean i understand they can't "stack" it...but at the very least..they should reset your 2 year expiratoin date from the last device using the promotion

calinormy

Jul 18, 2008
Of I rememer right, I got from s2 and note 102 gb of space. By now 50 gb has gone....at least the time period should be extended.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

vorta251

May 3, 2013
You could try resetting to factory settings then trying dropbox to get the promotion then restore your titanium backup. Or if you did a nandroid backup of stock once you installed TWRP try restoring that, then try dropbox, once it's registered on your dropbox account restore your titanium backup.

I tried factory reset but it didn't change a thing...
As suggested, create a new account is the way to go..

I do think the time should be extended at least ( also, I was wondering why Samsung is not making more noise about it, like they brag alot on linkedin or wallstreet journal but not on dropbox).

Anyway, one word, disappointing...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This sounds like a con. Nowhere on any of Samsung's promotion does it say of you had a previous promotion you won't get this one for your S5. This needs reporting.