[Q] Chrome empty page problem

Search This thread

raimopeku

Feb 21, 2012
Anyone know whats wrong when chrome almost always opens new page as blank, it starts to load, then it just show blank page?
If you click on screen the page is in background and if you click in right place it opens links etc.
Only way to display page correctly is to press home button and open chrome again, then page shows up correctly.

Really annoying bug and happens many times a day! (tried both, normal and beta chrome)

[EDIT] this bug is not rom/phone related, my wifes nexus 5 with different rom has this too...

Last edited:

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
Only way to display page correctly is to press home button and open chrome again, then page shows up correctly.

Really annoying bug and happens many times a day! (tried both, normal and beta chrome)
Yeah, same thing happening here. Also you can swipe left/right on the address bar, to change tab, and go back to "blank" one, now it will show correctly.

This start happening i think before 2 updates.

Though I haven't found anything about that bug. I tried cleaning both, data and cache, with no help.

DrFredPhD

Oct 30, 2010
Been getting it a lot lately, not sure if it was a chrome update or the fact I've been dirty flashing custom roms lately.

raimopeku

Feb 21, 2012
I was so mad with this bug, that i tried clean flash, and first page i tried to open was empty... :|

Madfysh

Sep 22, 2011
It's down to chrome itself, not the rom.
If I remember correctly, I had it even while using 4.4.2, now I'm on 4.4.3
As I mentioned, bug was here from last 2 or 3 chrome update.

Also, I don't have this problem in chrome on my pc.