[Q] Pocket dialing 911...

Search This thread

Jordan_River

Apr 20, 2010
San Angelo
Ha, happened to me after reading this. Maybe that's what is causing it, don't read this thread!

Ambiguous signature with techie jargon and hyperlinks.

toddmacmac

Dec 11, 2013
Fort Collins
I have had the same problem with my s5. ATT didn't do anything except suggest a restock fee and get a new phone.

Funny enough though, the emergency call button ICE contact list now does no have 911 pre programmed. Weird. I haven't updated or anything, but they must have removed it. I know I didn't.

jkman81

Aug 4, 2014
I have s5 active and installed exposed framework , wanam and removed the emergency call button, but the problem I have is now I keep getting pop ups saying "context service has stopped " and "security updates has stopped", can't open Internet without it crashing and a few other thing not working, I uninstalled the frame work and everything works fine, any idea's how to fix this so I can keep the emergency call button removed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Free mobile app

jkman81

Aug 4, 2014
I found a fix for my previous post after a little more reading, after tring to get wanam to work for a few days I uninstalled it and went with gravitybox kk and was about to remove the emergency call button with no pop ups and ever thing is working fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Free mobile app

DWC²

Sep 11, 2015
Thats not good though, if someone like me needs 911 and they ignore me because of my phone. Is my distress/injury/death now their fault? I'm in high school currently, and my phone has dialed dispatch twice this school year, and easily 75+ times in the time ive had the phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It happen to me all the time because of my huge pecker. Everytime I walk, my pecker pokes the key pad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Wanam has an option to hide the emergency call on lockscreen
    I was super excited to read this, what with towelRoot and all... but, after trying this, Wanam Xposed doesn't seem to properly patch things on the S5. I tried the option to remove the emergency button from the lockscreen and the option to disable wake when the home button is pushed - neither worked (before or) after the Wanam prompted reboot.
    That's odd. Both those options work fine for me.
    I can confirm that the option in Wanam to make the emergency call button go away worked for me.

But I will also say that this is not exclusive to Samsung phones. This happened on my LG Nitro HD as well. Ultimately, I completely changed the way I store my phone in my pocket. I keep the screen facing away from my leg (touching the skin through the cloth is enough to trigger that). I probably did it 15 times a week on my last phone and got tired of it. This was before the days of XPOSED and being able to make that button go away so easily.
    That's odd. Both those options work fine for me.

Turns out I missed the important step of actually installing the Xposed framework (I installed the APK, but never launched the XPosed Framework Installer to do the actual install... I then also needed to enable the Wanum module in XPosed).

Emergency button is gone, and the home button no longer wakes my phone! Woohoo!